Pick #142 R5 Ben-Burr Kirven LB

purpleworld

Reaction score

chris98251

Reaction score
Yeah I am thinking SS also, we have a couple guys that could slide into that position, Kam was thought of as a too small Linebacker in the Pros and to slow and lack of recognition ability as well as over pursued plays at SS when he entered the draft.

Regardless of whether and whom may change a position we have guys that are Junkyard Dogs drafted this time round that hit and have attitude on the field.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Plays in kind of a soft league but the effort he plays with is encouraging.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Literally, the only pick I called... of course the telecast cut to commercial, and I muttered to myself give me some Ben Burr-Kirven.

When I returned after laundry stuff and saw his name on the ticker and kind let out an intense roar. I suppose half the fun of the draft is always going to be your team drafting the players you want.

AgentDib

Reaction score
sutz":8tnyqt8e said:
Didn't watch a lot of Husky football, but when I did, it seemed like BBK was a solid guy, always around the football, making tackles.
The reason why Husky fans are hyped for this pick is the BBK college experience was like watching the first half of Rudy followed by the second half of The Waterboy.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
The interesting thing about him to me is that when you watch games he does not make a ton of tackles for a loss, but he navigates trash well. I saw him sliding, punching, and stiff arming people to get to the tackle. He is the fighter in the phone booth.

He will reek havoc om ST. His biggest plus for season one will be ST coverage.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He forces fumbles often, always around the ball, can play the ball in the air, good tackler.
Might be undersized by conventional NFL standards for his position, but that doesn’t matter.

I’d be loving this pick even if I wasn’t a UW fan. This guy is a football player.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/1122277277289435136[/tweet]

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":w6txweyf said:
His measurables remind me of Lofa.

That's exactly what I was thinking too.
I remember a scout summing up Lofa before the draft, said he was "too short ... all he has are good football skills."

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lofa was much bigger weight wise than Ben. I hope Ben does well but he needs to add weight, if he's going to play LB. This is the same problem Shaqueem G had last season. Lots of speed but light in the pants.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Before his final season as a Husky, Ben's football career appeared to be firmly cemented as one of those guys who practiced well and minimized mistakes on the field. I don't know what happened, but last season he didn't look the same. He was improved. Better. Faster. Making game-changing plays.

Whatever clicked for him last year, I hope he continues to improve.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The comparisons about Lofa have to do with instincts. Lofa was 250 and ran a 4.83, where the latter is why people thought he wouldn't cut it in the NFL. BK is undersized at 230 and ran a 4.56 40, where the former is why some think he can't play in the NFL.

Instincts are the comparison.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Watched a ton of UW games. Not a fan of this guy. Yes he gets lots of tackles but a lot of his tackles I saw were him getting trucked or pushed back 3-4 yards before the guy he's tackling goes down. If you are expecting a player that can get us tackles for loss BBK isn't that guy from what I seen hopefully he proves me wrong and don't get pushed back 3-4 yards on tackles like what I saw from him when he was playing at UW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
two dog":2oy27ko8 said:
Chawker":2oy27ko8 said:
Does he have the speed to play safty?

Shaquem Griffin does. Drop weight to about 210-215 and he would probably be our fastest safety.
I thought Kam played at 230. No?

Tical21

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I dont think he survives between the tackles in the NFL.

sutz

Reaction score
Tical21":32oyjgo9 said:
Unfortunately, I dont think he survives between the tackles in the NFL.
They said the same thing about Lofa. :229031_shrug:

Besides, that's on the DTs and the scheme. There are ways to protect a smallish MLB.