Pick #142 R5 Ben-Burr Kirven LB

jmahon316

Reaction score
[youtube]2YFTUrm5sgU[/youtube]

Looks solid to me. Like I said in an earlier post, looks like they're trying to update the LB Core

Height 6' 0"

Weight 230 lbs

Arms 31 7/8”

Hands 8 7/8”

40 Yard Dash 4.56

Bench Press 21

Vertical Jump 34.5

Broad Jump 121.0

3 Cone Drill 6.85

20 Yd Shuttle 4.09

60 Yd Shuttle 11.43

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ben-burr- ... 8e9de3e91d

Natethegreat

Reaction score
There was one scout I was reading that thought he was the best Linebacker after White in this class.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The theme of leaders and fierce competitors continues. They had a plan. It's hard to argue with it.

Dude is small, but was super productive.

AgentDib

Reaction score
BBK is a tackling monster who will make a huge immediate impact on special teams. Our LB depth has been tremendously upgraded this off-season and the position is now an enormous strength of the team. Not great news for Shaquem Griffin, Austin Calitro and Emmanual Beal.

Best 6 man LB group in the NFL?
SAM Barkevious Mingo
MIKE Bobby Wagner
WILL KJ Wright
OLB Mychal Kendricks
LB Cody Barton
LB Ben-Burr Kirven

Perhaps we keep a 7th LB this year (unusual) just to keep Quem around another season.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
nanomoz":14yxjxik said:
The theme of leaders and fierce competitors continues. They had a plan. It's hard to argue with it.

I love that he is a great football player. May not have the measurables that the beauty contest of the NFL draft has become, but he's a true player. Tough. Instinctive and a competitor. I like this pick a lot.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I read that he is a demon on special teams. We need that big time.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
A+ rating on this pick from CBS. A lot of scouts seem to like him. As has been mentioned it seems the Seahawks are looking to improve special teams this year as well.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
nanomoz":1mbn3l7u said:

I love that he is a great football player. May not have the measurables that the beauty contest of the NFL draft has become, but he's a true player. Tough. Instinctive and a competitor. I like this pick a lot.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
AgentDib":273502et said:
BBK is a tackling monster who will make a huge immediate impact on special teams. Our LB depth has been tremendously upgraded this off-season and the position is now an enormous strength of the team. Not great news for Shaquem Griffin, Austin Calitro and Emmanual Beal.

SAM Barkevious Mingo
MIKE Bobby Wagner
WILL KJ Wright
OLB Mychal Kendricks
LB Cody Barton
LB Ben-Burr Kirven

Perhaps we keep a 7th LB this year (unusual) just to keep Quem around another season.

I would be shocked if they kept Mingo. His cost versus production over someone on a rookie deal seems a stretch no?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":ilrj49sm said:
AgentDib":ilrj49sm said:

SAM Barkevious Mingo
MIKE Bobby Wagner
WILL KJ Wright
OLB Mychal Kendricks
LB Cody Barton
LB Ben-Burr Kirven

I would be shocked if they kept Mingo. His cost versus production over someone on a rookie deal seems a stretch no?
Great point as there is less money to waste..

Smellyman

Reaction score
Bigger stronger faster than Taylor Rapp

Bigger stronger faster than Shaq Thompson.

and a much better football player

Fade

Reaction score
Light and agile feet, takes excellent angles, and has a nose for the ball.

The only thing I question is his size at the NFL level, otherwise he is an excellent linebacker.

A guaranteed special teams ace.

Shaquem Griffin is going to have to have a helluva training camp to remain on this team.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
no question many here have seen BBK play for the past several years.

he's hyper active, tough, quick to react, always around the ball.

he'll be a great special teams player with an outside shot to play in sub packages. he's great in space, especially the middle of the field where we were constantly burned by TEs. he, along with the Utah LB -ex safety- could play that role and shut down the middle of the field.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Totally felt like I was watching Lofa Tatupu highlights there.

Likely a great special teamer and I hope he can bulk up to carry the backup MIKE spot from Calitro. Great football IQ.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is my favorite pick of their draft so far. Good value for Burr-Kirven. Local guy with, as Fade mentioned, a nose for the ball.

I expect he'll make the 53 and contribute depth to LB, and if he can't cut it solely as an LB, have a Heath Farwell type career where he's a ST leader.

Chapow

Reaction score
The college football landscape was littered with guys that were bigger, faster, stronger, and quite frankly, just superior athletes. Yet BBK managed to lead all of FBS in tackles and earned the following honors,

2018 First-team All-American
2018 First-team All-Pac-12
2018 Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year

BBK is just a straight up warrior out there. You would have to be an absolute fool to bet against this guy.

sutz

Reaction score
Do you think he'll give us a home town discount?

:sarcasm_off:

Didn't watch a lot of Husky football, but when I did, it seemed like BBK was a solid guy, always around the football, making tackles.