Pick #88 R 3 Cody Barton LB Utah

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":2w1tipn5 said:
Special teams and backup LB not a great pick but it is what it is.

One analysis calls him that. Analysis has been wrong before. Guess we will see how it turns out. I like his speed though. Guy was part of a pretty darn good defense at Utah

A-Dog

Reaction score
Maybe they’re not so sure about Bobby being around after this year

nanomoz

Reaction score
This is a bit of a surprise.

I'm in Utah, I've seen him some. I thought Barton was a bit of a tweener (converted safety) and overachiever. But if they want a linebacker that has some ability in coverage, it makes some sense.

His choice continues the theme of toughness and effort on defense.

sutz

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":2l1dz3mm said:
Some saying he is a reach and a 4th rounder others saying he is fast and going to be great addition
In other words, a typical Seahawks pick. :twisted:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":1azxwg96 said:
Special teams and backup LB not a great pick but it is what it is.
More expert summary from the world's leading NFL scout.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Russellmania3":2fkb9jhh said:
nice we traded up for Isaiah Kacyvenski

Lol I thought of him too. McShay noted he can cover TEs that's something we could use.

Seafan

Reaction score
Something very Kuechleish about him. He may never pan out but he sounds likes he's worth the risk. The 3 starters are old. This guy can play three LB positions and could be in sub packages early. I wasn't expecting a LB from this draft. Wait and see.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Should be a hell of a lot better than the WLB we picked last year. You can run a 4.3 40 all day as a LB and it won't matter if you're not even on part of the field where you're supposed to be. It was actually shocking that his football IQ is that bad.

Back on topic, Barton has all the tools except arm length, but his arms are still longer than T-Rex Keuchly and unlike him, Barton will actually engage an OL head up and toss him on occasion. I was pleasantly surprised.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
so many wanna be Gm's and personnel experts here.

if the team thinks he fits and was worth trading up to get who are most of to intelligently criticize.

Trader John went from 5 picks to 10 by carefully trading the team finally got their BIG WR in DK Metcalf, there are 5 picks left I think he's doing pretty well. Some very hungry football loving players being added.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Seafan":3bkgfigy said:
Something very Kuechleish about him. He may never pan out but he sounds likes he's worth the risk. The 3 starters are old. This guy can play three LB positions and could be in sub packages early. I wasn't expecting a LB from this draft. Wait and see.

White?

kf3339

Reaction score
Seems to me that the few times in the JS/PC era trading up has worked out pretty well. If they think it was worth it who are we to question?

Personally, I think all of our picks so far have made good sense. Considering how few picks we had starting this month I would think people would be really happy it has worked out so well! Go figure.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":xgm9esab said:
I'm just glad we traded up to get this guy. Whew that was a close call ! NFL.com rates him as a possible back up line backer and special team player!
Anyway I'm sure they love him and hopefully he is great.
Ya, because we know they always know how players turn out when the Seahawks pick them. :sarcasm_on:

godawg

Reaction score
John Schneider is a great trader, but not a gambler. If he likes a player he'll take him earlier than a gambling GM would. And he will pick up a few more players in the deal.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
I can't believe you Schnieder dissers. How many layers of YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT have to be layered on your ass? This guy knows his shit and you don't know shit. We are SO LUCKY to have this guy making picks like this.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1r6bte5j said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1119182102535262209[/tweet]

That's nearing Wagner numbers.

Fade

Reaction score
He can cover, and he can tackle.

The 49ers have the best receiving TE in Football. They had to get better in this area and they did with this pick.

He should start at Will in year 2, and one day a long time from now Mike eventually, if he turns into something more than expected.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fade out.

Two years from now, when Barton has become a very good player whom we all love

I'm sure glad I was wrong about this pick. LOL.

Signed: Half of .Net

beaumaris

Reaction score
getnasty":3ihhg517 said:
I just have a hard time beleiving this was their best player available. I would have rather taken best place kicker available.
Believe :D

Latest posts