PFF: Highest Forced Missed Tackle %...

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":23ayehk0 said:
hawknation2015":23ayehk0 said:
Popeyejones":23ayehk0 said:
hawknation2015":23ayehk0 said:
As the PFF article states, "It’s worth noting that Frank Gore was hit behind the line of scrimmage 10% less often than Hyde."

Wait a sec, so PFF stats are valid in the argument or aren't valid, because you've just dismissed all the PFF stats that don't serve your purposes.

Kudos at least on transitioning away from using Frank Gore .gifs to make arguments about Hyde's running style, though.

Also, if you didn't realize the argument you're making is that being hit in the backfield is primarily the fault of a RB and not an OLine because Carlos Hyde was hit in the backfield on 29% of his runs and Frank Gore was hit in the backfield on 26% of his runs.

Because of Hyde's small sampe size, your entire argument comes down to two Hyde carries total.

Bravo.

You're not very good at math, are you? LOL.

They don't mean 10% of 29%, they mean 10% less overall. Gore was hit in the backfield less than 19% of the time last season, while sluggish Hyde was hit in the backfield 29% of the time, despite running behind the same offensive line.

:34853_doh:

ROTFLMAO!!

"Sluggish Hyde".

Dude, you just don't stop. Hyde was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster than Gore last year on every level (backfield, second level, etc).

Seriously dude. Stop with the BS and go watch Hyde vids from the 49ers. I'm sure you will come back here and tell me he looks slow because you can't stand to be wrong, but deep down, you'll know. That's good enough for me.

There goes Sisyphus, trying to roll that boulder of mediocrity up the hill again.

I'm predicting under four yards per carry for Hyde's slow ass this year, along with 30 tackles for loss, because at 220 lbs, he will be playing with less power. 6-10 . . . and the boulder comes rolling right back down. :D

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":28c3mk95 said:

Nah, I'm good at math.

They might not be good at talking about math, though.

"10% less often than Hyde" is percent increase/decrease, with the operative words being "less often."

Maybe they meant Gore's percentage is 10 percentage points lower than Hyde's?

That would make it 35% less often.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1xjabxod said:
hawknation2015":1xjabxod said:

Nah, I'm good at math.

They might not be good at talking about math, though.

"10% less often than Hyde" is percent increase/decrease, with the operative words being "less often."

Maybe they meant Gore's percentage is 10 percentage points lower than Hyde's?

That would make it 35% less often.

Yes, that is what they meant. Hyde was hit in the backfield 10% more overall than Gore was -- 29% vs. 19% of the time.

I can't blame you for trying.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3f1bvgly said:
I'm predicting under four yards per carry for Hyde this year

That's what he averaged on limited snaps last year, so pretty fair prediction with a push at 4.0.

What do you want to bet?

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2ow8l10s said:
Marvin49":2ow8l10s said:
hawknation2015":2ow8l10s said:

They don't mean 10% of 29%, they mean 10% less overall. Gore was hit in the backfield less than 19% of the time last season, while sluggish Hyde was hit in the backfield 29% of the time, despite running behind the same offensive line.

:34853_doh:

ROTFLMAO!!

"Sluggish Hyde".

Dude, you just don't stop. Hyde was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster than Gore last year on every level (backfield, second level, etc).

Seriously dude. Stop with the BS and go watch Hyde vids from the 49ers. I'm sure you will come back here and tell me he looks slow because you can't stand to be wrong, but deep down, you'll know. That's good enough for me.

There goes Sisyphus, trying to roll that boulder of mediocrity up the hill again.

I'm predicting under four yards per carry for Hyde's slow ass this year, along with 30 tackles for loss, because at 220 lbs, he will be playing with less power. 6-10 . . . and the boulder comes rolling right back down. :D

You could be right about those numbers, but it won't be because he's so slow that he gets caught in the backfield.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2kw3w4ix said:
hawknation2015":2kw3w4ix said:

That's what he averaged on limited snaps last year, so pretty fair prediction with a push at 4.0.

What do you want to bet?

The crushing of Whiner hopes and dreams. :th2thumbs:

Marvin49":2kw3w4ix said:
You could be right about those numbers, but it won't be because he's so slow that he gets caught in the backfield.

Whatever, dude . . . blame it on whatever you want. His lack of patience, his over-patience, the tooth fairy. It really doesn't matter.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3bheg6yx said:
Yes, that is what they meant. Hyde was hit in the backfield 10% more overall than Gore was -- 29% vs. 19% of the time.

I can't blame you for trying.

Not trying, just reading the statistic as they wrote it. TBF people do this kinda frequently, because percent +/- phrasing is a lot less clunky even when that's not what is supposed to be conveyed (see my corrected phrasing above, which is kinda clunky, and is the cleanest way to state it).

Link to Gore's?

Would be curious to see it last year and over time if you're looking at it.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3bmk0z4m said:
Popeyejones":3bmk0z4m said:
hawknation2015":3bmk0z4m said:

What do you want to bet?

Oh, so you don't want to bet anything. Gotcha.

Anything else you wanna wriggle out of, or on to the next thread? ;)

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Popeyejones":75dt8ag8 said:
hawknation2015":75dt8ag8 said:
Popeyejones":75dt8ag8 said:
hawknation2015":75dt8ag8 said:

What do you want to bet?

I'll put money down on all my online predictions when Marvin puts money down on his 10+ win prediction for the Whiners.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3izq2kfi said:
Popeyejones":3izq2kfi said:
hawknation2015":3izq2kfi said:
Popeyejones":3izq2kfi said:

I'll put money down on all my online predictions when Marvin puts money down on his 10+ win prediction for the Whiners.

Still waiting for someone to show me a link of where I did that.

I believe that I did, just don't remember the context.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":x0u8w0tz said:
hawknation2015":x0u8w0tz said:

Found it in 2 min. via google . . .
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niner ... n-2015-16/

Marvin49:
"..but I'm an optimist so I'll say 10. I don' think the team has been damaged nearly as badly as fans and media let on."

rideaducati

Reaction score
Marvin49":34dizafz said:
Popeyejones":34dizafz said:
rideaducati":34dizafz said:
Since the O-line for the niners will also be revamped and playing in a totally new scheme, I don't see why niner fans EXPECT Hyde to be great. Typical niner fan myopia...because he's a niner, he's gonna be GREAT. Whatever...

Which 9er fan here said he expects Hyde to be great?

Marvin said he's excited to see him get an increased work load but doesn't have any expectations about what he'll do with it.

I said I'm still on the fence about how well he'll perform, and am concerned about his ability to stay healthy.

We both said that we'll need to see more patience from him this season before we're excited about him.

I know that fighting invisible monsters is easier, but it's really hard to accuse others of being myopic while doing so, man. :th2thumbs:

Especially when the root of the entire argument is that he's a Niner drafted by Baalke therefore he'll suck. :D

Your idiot brethren at whinernation and denialzone have me responding to them here. My bad. I've been spending way too much time over there laughing at those idiots.

Not EVERY draft pick Baalke makes sucks, just most of them. He does well, for the most part, with his first round picks. It's every pick after that where screws the pooch. Look you guys, I REALLY want Baalke to keep his job in Santa Clara for a VERY long time. You guys are the ones that have claimed Baalke to be good. I just enjoy pointing out that EVERY year he has been away from McCloughan, his drafts are NOT GOOD.

rideaducati

Reaction score
hawknation2015":179tf0fc said:
Marvin49":179tf0fc said:
hawknation2015":179tf0fc said:

Marvin49:
"..but I'm an optimist so I'll say 10. I don' think the team has been damaged nearly as badly as fans and media let on."

So, Marvin thinks the team HAS been damaged, just not as bad as people let on. Makes sense to no one to then predict two more wins than the niners had last year. I think the niner dysfunction has spread to their fans.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":2g3pfdrf said:
hawknation2015":2g3pfdrf said:
Marvin49":2g3pfdrf said:
hawknation2015":2g3pfdrf said:

Marvin49:

So, Marvin think the team HAS been damaged, just not as bad as people let on. Makes sense to no one to then predict two more wins than the niners had last year. I think the niner dysfunction has spread to their fans.

The entire post....

More than any season in recent memory I have so little idea what to expect. No idea.

...but I'm an optimist so I'll say 10. I don' think the team has been damaged nearly as badly as fans and media let on.

Seriously? THATS what people are calling me to task for? An admittedly optimistic post when asked directly for a number? Man people are reaching.

I never said it hadn't been damaged, but while they lost a number of players this offseason and a coach, they were playing under a cloud of Harbaughs impending departure all year last year and had 17 players on IR.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
From the Zone re: this thread. Y'all should just get it over with and start tongue kissing.

Originally posted by thl408:
Tell them to take a look at these:

2 cuts in the backfield for +7
2jbf2tjt638bsmtfg

Slips 2 tackles in the backfield for +5.
Rro6k8qvzjc6zyqfg

Broke KJ Wright's and ET's ankles
1gqugx14zbwr5bnzg

hawknation2015

Reaction score
And yet he averaged just 4.0 yards per carry . . . with Iupati at LG for over 90% of the season.

83 carries, 333 yards, 4.0 yards per carry, four TDs, 12 receptions, and 68 yards. That's not impressing anyone.

1gqugx14zbwr5bnzg
I count two blocks in the back on this play, one on Maxwell and one very blatant one on Simon. Not to mention, Staley holds Bennett's jersey.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":31bzxmdk said:
And yet he averaged just 4.0 yards per carry . . . with Iupati at LG for over 90% of the season.

83 carries, 333 yards, 4.0 yards per carry, four TDs, 12 receptions, and 68 yards. That's not impressing anyone.

1gqugx14zbwr5bnzg
I count two blocks in the back on this play, one on Maxwell and one very blatant one on Simon. Not to mention, Staley holds Bennett's jersey.

...none of which has ANYTHING to do with your assertion that he's to slow and sluggish to avoid getting tackled in the backfield.

The 4.0 yard average per carry means absolutely nothing because we've already said he has some issues to work on relating to vision and patience. I'd also add that at times he doesn't get low enough and tacklers can get under him and push him back.

Your assertion tho is that he's too slow and sluggish and THATS why he gets tackled so often behind the line of scrimmage. We've shown proof of how ludicrous the notion is so don't try to move the goalposts yet again in another attempt to be "right".

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":6qwulbto said:
hawknation2015":6qwulbto said:

1gqugx14zbwr5bnzg

...none of which has ANYTHING to do with your assertion that he's to slow and sluggish to avoid getting tackled in the backfield.

The 4.0 yard average per carry means absolutely nothing because we've already said he has some issues to work on relating to vision and patience. I'd also add that at times he doesn't get low enough and tacklers can get under him and push him back.

Your assertion tho is that he's too slow and sluggish and THATS why he gets tackled so often behind the line of scrimmage. We've shown proof of how ludicrous the notion is so don't try to move the goalposts yet again in another attempt to be "right".

LOL, what proof have you offered that Hyde isn't slower than the average NFL back?

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3o4wbt3t said:
Marvin49":3o4wbt3t said:
hawknation2015":3o4wbt3t said:

1gqugx14zbwr5bnzg

LOL, what proof have you offered that Hyde isn't slower than the average NFL back?

I don't need to. Your assertion is that his slowness and lack of quickness are the reason he gets caught in the backfield. Use your eyes in those videos and tell me that's a guy who is too slow and not quick enough to elude tacklers in the backfield. That's YET ANOTHER attempt to move the goalpost.

If that were a Seahawk and I as a Niner fan were making that assertion you'd find it absolutely comical.

Now...pure straight-line speed? I'd say he's anywhere from a 4.5 to 4.6 guy when healthy and that ain't bad at all considering his size. His quickness for that size tho is pretty damn good and nowhere near "sluggish". Does he have elite speed? Of course not. Nobody is saying otherwise.

EDIT: I see you edited.

DUDE.

1) STOP WATCHING COLLEGE VIDS.
2) No he did NOT appear to be lumbering. That's total fiction.
3) He ran the 4.66 on a run in which he pulled his hamstring and didn't get his second run. Its only your conspiracy theory that suggests he faked it in order to discredit a documented injury.
4) See above.
5) Yes...he was hit in the backfield. What's in question is WHY. The fact that it happens doesn't automatically make your assumption of why it happens the correct one. In fact, so far, you are the ONLY person I've seen make that assumption.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":in2u2jhx said:
hawknation2015":in2u2jhx said:
Marvin49":in2u2jhx said:
hawknation2015":in2u2jhx said:

1gqugx14zbwr5bnzg

I don't need to. Your assertion is that his slowness and lack of quickness are the reason he gets caught in the backfield. Use your eyes in those videos and tell me that's a guy who is too slow and not quick enough to elude tacklers in the backfield. That's YET ANOTHER attempt to move the goalpost.

If that were a Seahawk and I as a Niner fan were making that assertion you'd find it absolutely comical.

Now...pure straight-line speed? I'd say he's anywhere from a 4.5 to 4.6 guy when healthy and that ain't bad at all considering his size. His quickness for that size tho is pretty damn good and nowhere near "sluggish". Does he have elite speed? Of course not. Nobody is saying otherwise.

On the contrary, we have (1) the multitude of plays in college for which he gained a reputation for his lack of speed, (2) he appeared to be lumbering out of the backfield on most of his 83 carries last year, (3) his 4.66 40 time, (4) his 1.69 10-yard split, and (5) the fact that he, along with other lumbering backs, was hit in the backfield more than average, in fact at a higher rate than any other back in the league and 10% more than Gore was.

You choose to disregard all this evidence, for various B.S. reasons, but you offer nothing in return except a few select gif's proving nothing about his speed.