Pete needs to complain!

Seahawkx

Reaction score
I know we are not like the Whinners and complain about why every play of theirs doesnt end up a TD or why another team gets a yard.

But yesterday was too much!! I am sure all of you saw during the Whinner's TD drive before the half, there was clear cut holding on almost every play against their O-line and not a single one was called. That is not coincidence or not refs missing a call here and there.. That was clear cut helping a single team!!

Now I know Pete doesn't complain ever, but I think complaining is appropriate sometimes. Especially here. Why cant he stand up for our team like Hardbag does and for once complain to the NFL and seek explanations?! It wont change anythings, but the refs will definitely hear about it and wont pull that crap again against us so clearly.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Seahawkx":2364goyl said:
I know we are not like the Whinners and complain about why every play of theirs doesnt end up a TD or why another team gets a yard.

But yesterday was too much!! I am sure all of you saw during the Whinner's TD drive before the half, there was clear cut holding on almost every play against their O-line and not a single one was called. That is not coincidence or not refs missing a call here and there.. That was clear cut helping a single team!!

Now I know Pete doesn't complain ever, but I think complaining is appropriate sometimes. Especially here. Why cant he stand up for our team like Hardbag does and for once complain to the NFL and seek explanations?! It wont change anythings, but the refs will definitely hear about it and wont pull that crap again against us so clearly.

Perhaps he can hire you to do it for him. You seem very qualified.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Let it go.

That being said, the team (And all teams) always reviews controversial calls and submits them for clarification from the league office. And yes, the league responds.

seabowl

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2dh3clc0 said:
I'm sure if he does, the NFL will retroactively award the victory to Seattle.

Yeah this is definately a possibility. Happens every week, LOL.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There's lots of tape Pete can send to the NFL offices from yesterday's game and I'll leave it at that.
Bottomline is if the Hawks bring their "A" game, they win, they didn't, and lost.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete complains plenty, as does every coach. That's part of their job to work the officials, just so happens Harbaugh is one of the bigger cry babies about it.

This is overblown anyway, refs don't give a crap about coaches yelling at them. If anything, they probably resent coaches like Harbaugh screaming at them for 60 minutes and don't give them calls just out of spite.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
we all know that was a crappy officiating crew going into the game, and i wasn't surprised.

Bad calls affected both teams in what was otherwise a really good football game. 49ers won. 11-2. next game on the schedule.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1krpsprg said:
I'm sure if he does, the NFL will retroactively award the victory to Seattle.

No... they'll just give us half their draft picks. That's how they're doing Tomlin and the Steelers.

RiverHawk

Reaction score
We lost, plain and simple. Do any of us like it....absolutely not. We can complain all we want but it will still reflect as a loss. We need to quit pointing the finger at the officiating and at Bevell and start concentrating on the next game.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Kevin Gilbright did it before the giants sf game Justin smith got flagged all day giants won . If that's not good coaching I don't know what is get the refs to see what you want them to see . It seems to work so why not. Moral victory s don't equate to a W in the books and a W is a W

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":24iay9f4 said:
Pete complains plenty, as does every coach. That's part of their job to work the officials, just so happens Harbaugh is one of the bigger cry babies about it.

This is overblown anyway, refs don't give a crap about coaches yelling at them. If anything, they probably resent coaches like Harbaugh screaming at them for 60 minutes and don't give them calls just out of spite.
Didn't look that way yesterday to me

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
There were a number of blatant o-line holding calls that the refs chose not to throw a flag on in yesterday's game.

As my Raiders fan cousin told me after XL*, "your team will have to beat the other team and the refs if they're ever gonna win a Super Bowl". I believe this to be true.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I do think the Crabtree fumble fiasco needs to be submitted to the league. The biggest problem in officiating is consistency right now and that was a glaring mistake.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I heard the announcer say Aldon Smith was off sides, which should have resulted in a 1st down but I didn't see it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1zvtwia8 said:
I do think the Crabtree fumble fiasco needs to be submitted to the league. The biggest problem in officiating is consistency right now and that was a glaring mistake.

But only when it's against the Hawks right?

Haven't heard one person complain today about the missed holding/facemask call on Miller pulling down Smith by his facemask on the Hawk's scoring drive in the 4th.