Packers Defense so far, post-season...aweful

ptisme

Reaction score
Jacknut: "GB defending Lynch and Wilson on the run? How? With whom? On Field turf? PFFFT.... no way

Your right. But Dallas is an even tougher offense to defend because of Witten and Dez....

ptisme

Reaction score
"I simply dont think GB can match the intensity needed physically to win this game."
Agreed.

Hawks46

Reaction score
ptisme":2mxycsbq said:
Fair enough, let's compare. First, I acknowledge the Seahawks defense is probably in the Top 3 of defenses I've ever seen. But you're trying to say GB has a horrible defense based on one game against Dallas. Dallas has a pretty fine offense. Let's see how the Seahawks and Packers defenses did against that same Dallas offense (Dallas on the road for both).

Against GB ------------ Against SEA
First downs: 21 ----------- 23
Total plays 51 ----------- 69
Total yards 315 ----------- 401
Passing 170 ------------ 239
Rushing 145 ------------ 162
Possession 30:39 ---------- 37:39
Points allowed 21 ---------------- 30

That's a fair comparison. But if you use that argument, you're not allowed to use the following arguments:

"GB's offensive line is WAY better than earlier in the year. They've gelled and are playing like the best line in the league"

"you can't take GB's total defense for the year, look at the last 5 games, they're at the tops in the league !"

"our offense wasn't playing well against you in the first week, our starters don't play a lot of preseason"

Anything else ? Because they're all about as relevant as that comparison.

Go ahead and compare Carolina's game against both of our teams. Keep in mind, the last 6 games of the season, Carolin'as defense was ranked 2nd and their running game was 3rd.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ptisme":1qmqdl98 said:
rideaducati":1qmqdl98 said:
ptisme":1qmqdl98 said:
Fair enough, let's compare. First, I acknowledge the Seahawks defense is probably in the Top 3 of defenses I've ever seen. But you're trying to say GB has a horrible defense based on one game against Dallas. Dallas has a pretty fine offense. Let's see how the Seahawks and Packers defenses did against that same Dallas offense (Dallas on the road for both).

I can't imagine a reason why the Cowboys would not play as well in 8 degrees as they did in 70 degree weather.
Wasn't 8. Was 28 with no wind... Whether wasn't a factor at all... Did you watch the game?

I had it on in the background, but didn't pay a lot of attention. After watching the first couple series, I knew the Seahawks would beat either team. I did notice that Rodgers forgot to limp a few times though.

ptisme

Reaction score
rideaducati":ra3brt1m said:
ptisme":ra3brt1m said:
rideaducati":ra3brt1m said:
ptisme":ra3brt1m said:

I can't imagine a reason why the Cowboys would not play as well in 8 degrees as they did in 70 degree weather.
Wasn't 8. Was 28 with no wind... Whether wasn't a factor at all... Did you watch the game?

I had it on in the background, but didn't pay a lot of attention. After watching the first couple series, I knew the Seahawks would beat either team. I did notice that Rodgers forgot to limp a few times though.
Had you watched it:) there were numerous times he could have ran with it and instead threw it away or held it too long.... When is the last time he finished a game with minus 4 yards rushing?

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
We gave up 17 they gave up 21, all that matters. Also as already stated 4 3rd stringers on D in that Cowpukes game.

We also scored 31 on a far superior defense. Totally invalidating your stat poaching.
That is all

Jacknut16

Reaction score
ptisme":113pse00 said:
Jacknut 16:
Green Bay is a different team. I doubt it will make a difference but you never know... I remember a few years ago we went out to the Giants in week one and had our way with them. Back home for the NFCCG no one gave the Giants a shot... Enter a hot quarterback and a defense that found its way. Giants were a different team than week one... Things change rapidly in the NFL. How many teams set the world on fire the first month and are no longer in the discussion by December....

Yes I have heard Packers fans say this all week.

Seattle offensively is just as much a different team than they were vs Dallas, for reasons I explained before.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
ptisme":21p73lae said:
Jacknut16:
"The Cowboys didnt score 35+ because of a fumble (that you wont get from Lynch), and a lucky break on the Dez play."

We also had a fumble and there were breaks the Cowboys got as well. Your game was close at the end but you also got 7 points off a special teams play correct?

The Hawks were not the same team, they were force feeding Harvin who was pouting the whole game leading to his release just after!

Maxwell, OUT
Wagner, OUT
Kam, Injured

Harvin refusing to enter the game, and the entire gameplan up in smoke because of of the problems with him.

Its an EXTREMELY bad comparison.
Hawks vs Packers week one is much more relevant than Dallas vs Seattle.

The Packers are a mediocre team on the road, not good.

That has nothing to do with the Dallas game with the Hawks in complete disarray.
If this was in GB it would still be Hawks -1, in GB!!!

Jacknut16

Reaction score
ptisme":h6awxabv said:
Jacknut: "GB defending Lynch and Wilson on the run? How? With whom? On Field turf? PFFFT.... no way

Your right. But Dallas is an even tougher offense to defend because of Witten and Dez....

Wilson is much more difficult to defend than Romo and Luke Wilson has much better speed than Witten although his hands can be suspect on easy plays.