Oregon vs. Washington

CPHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2a1fejgr said:
CPHawk":2a1fejgr said:
Throwdown":2a1fejgr said:
IDC though, Joey Harrington still came from Oregon.

You guys still have to wear that.

Two words Hugh Millen. And I'm not talking on the field.

Thats rude.

Sorry, that was a low blow. :thirishdrinkers:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
There's a streak of 1...

Decade.

Wish the Huskies had beaten Stanford. Good, solid team this year.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1mzor4vr said:
Well, good game fella's. UW has a good team. They just need a little bit more help on both lines, imo.

Back atcha, JSEA.

Awesome team you have. I have no idea where the critique of Mariota is coming from (?!). The kid plays spectacular in his biggest game of the season...on the road. He'd be my #1, even if he needed to sit a year. The kid doesn't just have the "it" factor, he is the "it" factor.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Price looks so slow like Carson Palmer or Peyton Manning and throws with the zip of Mat Flynn.

Mariota runs like Kapernick and navigates the pocket and throws like Russell Wilson

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3nkxbr8x said:
SeaTown81":3nkxbr8x said:
I know Ducks fans want to give Mariota all the credit in the world. But I still have a hard time getting overly excited about him, only for the reason I never get excited about any SEC qb. It's far too easy to look all-worldly when you're playing in a gimmicky juggernaut college offense, surrounded by all-american talent. The Fox broadcasting crew just compared Mariota's stats to Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick. Two players I'm less than sold on in terms of their pro talent. Sorry Duck fans. I don't dislike Mariota. I think he's quite good. I just need to see a lot more from any college qb playing in an all-world offense before I can ever give them too much credit. Maybe he'll be a great pro, and could've been awesome in any college offense. But as of now, he's simply one-upping Dennis Dixon.

This sounds more like sour grapes than a legit critique right now. I'm not sold on Mariota in the NFL, but c'mon. Show some class. He put some footballs in tight windows today.

How the hell is that classless? I don't give a crap about today. Dude is light's out in terms of playing qb for Oregon. What I'm talking about is how good he actually is. When your offense is this good and your surrounding talent that stacked, the degree of difficulty to play qb goes down substantially. Do you want me to list you the cavalcade of SEC qb's who looked all world when surrounded by insane talent, who went on to nothing careers in the pros? Cuz it's pretty much the rule as to the exception. And this isn't a knock on Mariota. As I went out of my way to point out, for all I know he could kill it in an offense without close to as much help. I'm just saying it's hard to get too excited when Dennis Dixon looked all world in the same offense with less talent surrounding him. You think I'm spouting sour grapes, have at your boy JSeahawks. He didn't seem to have a problem with what I'm saying.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Good game guys. Until we can argue again next year!

Go Hawks!!!

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":w4kduy6d said:
There's a streak of 1...

Decade.

Wish the Huskies had beaten Stanford. Good, solid team this year.

Why would you wish that (as a Ducks fan)? The Tree is trying to f%^$ you guys today, but you need them as highly ranked as possible. Though 1st place votes probably don't much matter at this time, as long as you get past UCLA. Stanford, as I've been preaching, is the most over-rated team in the country. They are no threat to UO.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Oh and they didn't compare him Sea, they showed a stat of a streak of having a rushing td and throwing td. That's it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeaTown81":xjmpgsuh said:
Sarlacc83":xjmpgsuh said:
SeaTown81":xjmpgsuh said:
I know Ducks fans want to give Mariota all the credit in the world. But I still have a hard time getting overly excited about him, only for the reason I never get excited about any SEC qb. It's far too easy to look all-worldly when you're playing in a gimmicky juggernaut college offense, surrounded by all-american talent. The Fox broadcasting crew just compared Mariota's stats to Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick. Two players I'm less than sold on in terms of their pro talent. Sorry Duck fans. I don't dislike Mariota. I think he's quite good. I just need to see a lot more from any college qb playing in an all-world offense before I can ever give them too much credit. Maybe he'll be a great pro, and could've been awesome in any college offense. But as of now, he's simply one-upping Dennis Dixon.

This sounds more like sour grapes than a legit critique right now. I'm not sold on Mariota in the NFL, but c'mon. Show some class. He put some footballs in tight windows today.

How the hell is that classless? I don't give a crap about today. Dude is light's out in terms of playing qb for Oregon. What I'm talking about is how good he actually is. When your offense is this good and your surrounding talent that stacked, the degree of difficulty to play qb goes down substantially. Do you want me to list you the cavalcade of SEC qb's who looked all world when surrounded by insane talent, who went on to nothing careers in the pros? Cuz it's pretty much the rule as to the exception. And this isn't a knock on Mariota. As I went out of my way to point out, for all I know he could kill it in an offense without close to as much help. I'm just saying it's hard to get too excited when Dennis Dixon looked all world in the same offense with less talent surrounding him. You think I'm spouting sour grapes, have at your boy JSeahawks. He didn't seem to have a problem with what I'm saying.

Well, I do think youre wrong. But I understand your point.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm not sure what was most disappointing today. The ineptness of the pass defense, the offensive line's pass blocking, or the receivers.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2y8fwyf2 said:
Sarlacc83":2y8fwyf2 said:
SeaTown81":2y8fwyf2 said:

I believe the gimmicky offense comment sent off my BS detector. Some passive aggressive kicks in there. You took your pot shots because you're pissed at your team and ours.

Which is stupid because your QB runs the same 'gimmick'. So what does that say about him?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sark's 5th year and he still gets hammered by Oregon....at home in a brand new stadium at that. Doesn't matter how long you hang with them...losing by 20+ is still losing by 20+ points. If Sark doesn't run the table from here, he deserves to be canned. His offense has a lot of talent and a 5th year senior QB...but they are the sorry part of this team...tons of penalties...tons of drive-killing plays. No pass protection.

What really ticked me off was them essentially giving up. There's still almost 7 minutes to play and Washington punts on 4th and 13. Logic must not be Sark's strong point:

You punt - Lose the game

You go for it:
A) You get it - still have a small chance
B) You don't get it - you lose the game

It's really not that complicated...but no lets just give up.

cesame

Reaction score
fenderbender123":2wbtcykk said:
Sark's 5th year and he still gets hammered by Oregon....at home in a brand new stadium at that. Doesn't matter how long you hang with them...losing by 20+ is still losing by 20+ points. If Sark doesn't run the table from here, he deserves to be canned. His offense has a lot of talent and a 5th year senior QB...but they are the sorry part of this team...tons of penalties...tons of drive-killing plays. No pass protection.

It makes me think he takes the USC job so he can get the talent to beat Oregon. Oregon just doesn't lose to teams they have more talent than.

If Sark wants to beat Oregon he'll have to go to USC.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I don't believe Sark is HC material. If he takes the SC job, it will be even more evident. Historically, his kids have played with a lack of discipline. Sark, being asked to corral the egos of typical SC recruits? I don't see it.

Further, USC needs to get back to their legacy: Power football and stellar defense. Their supporters / alumni will not be receptive to gimmicky offenses and we know for damn sure Sark knows nothing about defense.

Best case scenario for me would be Wilcox at HC (even without HC experience, I don't see us keeping him in any other role) and Sark reuniting with his BF Nick Holt at USC. ...oh yeah, and Marcus Mariota becoming a Jag. These things would make me happy.

cesame

Reaction score
I don't like Decade of Dominance anymore. I heard a better one.

The Duck-ade

Tical21

Reaction score
Oregon is going to be uber good until they have a lull at QB, or they finally get punished for cheating. God I hate those guys. I can't hate on Mariota, I think he is the real deal. His delivery and accuracy are brilliant. Tebow has a horsepoop delivery, so does Kaepernick. I think Mariota is the real deal.

We got zero pass rush whatsoever. One of the worst I have ever seen. There was like one hurry all night, the rest of the time Mariota stood there for 7 seconds waiting for someone to get wide open. Our secondary played stellar IMO and when it would seem we had a 3rd down stop, Mariota would outclass our athletes. The gap has lessened, but we're still outclassed.

I think we went about this the wrong way. We're not going to beat Oregon at they're game. I'd rather we went the big and physical route.

Does Sark legitimately not know how to get 88 or 2 the rock? Why are Smith and Mickens our most used targets every week?

There are some things I really love about Sark, and some thins I absolutely can't stand. I wish we had the 45 year old version of him.

Who woulda thought? 10 in a row, in my lifetime, to the team that was formerly green and yellow.

There is nothing wrong with purple and gold DAMMIT SARK!!!

This is a tough one. Are we ever going to beat Oregon again?