Oregon vs. Washington

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Mariota is already better than some NFL QBs. I think he is better than anything the Browns, the Bills, the Panthers or the Vikings have. I don't even want to think about the Jaguars and the Bucks. But I have the feeling he might end up in Philly. He would be a dream come true to Chip Kelly.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah if the D doesn't get a stop... 3 scores is unlikely.

Holy sack batman!

Throwdown

Reaction score
IDC though, Joey Harrington still came from Oregon.

You guys still have to wear that.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I know Ducks fans want to give Mariota all the credit in the world. But I still have a hard time getting overly excited about him, only for the reason I never get excited about any SEC qb. It's far too easy to look all-worldly when you're playing in a gimmicky juggernaut college offense, surrounded by all-american talent. The Fox broadcasting crew just compared Mariota's stats to Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick. Two players I'm less than sold on in terms of their pro talent. Sorry Duck fans. I don't dislike Mariota. I think he's quite good. I just need to see a lot more from any college qb playing in an all-world offense before I can ever give them too much credit. Maybe he'll be a great pro, and could've been awesome in any college offense. But as of now, he's simply one-upping Dennis Dixon.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Throwdown":2uco28t2 said:
IDC though, Joey Harrington still came from Oregon.

You guys still have to wear that.

I can't remember if Joey was part of this string or not. A decade... 10 years... its sooooo far back to remember.

OP
OP
CallMeADawg

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
HawkWow":1dgt4f3p said:
Legion of doomed. Secondary is killing us.

Seriously bad and Oregon will beat you everytime if you do that.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeaTown81":3for8v6x said:
I know Ducks fans want to give Mariota all the credit in the world. But I still have a hard time getting overly excited about him, only for the reason I never get excited about any SEC qb. It's far too easy to look all-worldly when you're playing in a gimmicky juggernaut college offense, surrounded by all-american talent. The Fox broadcasting crew just compared Mariota's stats to Tim Tebow and Colin Kaepernick. Two players I'm less than sold on in terms of their pro talent. Sorry Duck fans. I don't dislike Mariota. I think he's quite good. I just need to see a lot more from any college qb playing in an all-world offense before I can ever give them too much credit. Maybe he'll be a great pro, and could've been awesome in any college offense. But as of now, he's simply one-upping Dennis Dixon.

That's fair.

He's perfect for the U of O system. That's all I care about.

I mean, hopefully he's a great pro too. But I hope we don't find out for at least one more year.