pmedic $100
DrDiags $100
me $100
mikeak $50
SonicHawk $100
Joey $20
Fargo $40.12
happy (formally sadhappy) $50
Rjdriver $12-------->appropriate. Any more $12's out there?
Riley12 $100
Chrome_Seahawk $21.12
Running total----------->$743.24

Since it's martini time, I will commit to the donation amount from each 12, but I might be off on the tally. Any accountants out there?

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Update:
Sam $50
pmedic $100
DrDiags $100
me $100
mikeak $50
SonicHawk $100
Joey $20
Fargo $40.12
Riley12 $100
Chrome_Seahawk $21.12
mort $50
Running total----------->$793.24

Unreal. Confirmed.

mikeak

Reaction score
Plus the $50 credit for Vivid and you are about $840 plus hopefully more from a saving by vivid on the fee

Pretty dang awesome

My vote for any surplus is that Coug can use for a future ticket this season and any leftovers goes to .net

I already matched my donation to the site as well so everyone got something today :)

HawkStar3

Reaction score
I don't quite feel like a part of the family yet because I'm fairly new to posting on here.... But wow. I've never seen anything like this. Well done .net. Y'all should be proud.

tooshort

Reaction score
Awesome job ya'lls!! I'm keeping a watchful eye on stubhub and vividseats for any sudden freakout price drops in prime areas. I'll just front the $$ and snag the tix if I see any unheard of deals pop up and I'll arrange details with Dave later.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Update:
Sam $50
pmedic $100
DrDiags $100
me $100
mikeak $50
SonicHawk $100
Joey $20
Fargo $40.12
Riley12 $100
Chrome_Seahawk $21.12
mort $50
tacomahawk $20
Running total----------->$813.24

Wow. Is that right?
Edit: I counted a person and his business twice. I removed the extra $50. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
tooshort":fv2s9vel said:
Awesome job ya'lls!! I'm keeping a watchful eye on stubhub and vividseats for any sudden freakout price drops in prime areas. I'll just front the $$ and snag the tix if I see any unheard of deals pop up and I'll arrange details with Dave later.

Cool. Keep him posted. He's snooping around too.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Ok, I am done reporting for today.
Thanks to all.
I will update as necessary and close this event tomorrow.

Good night.

tooshort

Reaction score
Okay here's the deal...

I am willing to use the $50 refund and put $120 more towards 100 level seats for Dave and Greg. These are awesome seats and are waaaaaaaaay under market value at this point so I think I need to snag them quick or they will disappear (and I'll be left staring at tix that run $250 more (each) in the same section.) If we can get another $170 donated in the next hour, then our contributions will have 100% covered his ticket cost and I'll front the purchase tonight/this morning.

Dave didn't ask for your $$$ and while I'm sure he would treasure ANY tickets to the game, these are truly awesome seats and I can't think of anyone more deserving in their fandom.

Edit- I'm going to sleep.. if the funds have been donated in the morning and these tix are still available when I wake up I'll snag em!!

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Update:
Sam $50
pmedic $100
DrDiags $100
me $100
mikeak $50
SonicHawk $100
Joey $20
Fargo $40.12
Riley12 $100
Chrome_Seahawk $21.12
mort $50
tacomahawk $20
imnkognito $100
Running total----------->$913.24

I'm beyond impressed!
I will close pledges at 11 am this morning. I will make a bank withdrawal shortly there after and the plan is to hand an envelope full of great wishes to him at Temple on Sunday.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ the above won't let him use the vivid seat discount

Did anyone talk to NYCoug which was better?

I hope things works out with the tickets. I am in the camp of not buying tickets outside the stadiums anymore due to the large risk of it being cancelled

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
OK folks. This event is now closed.
Thanks to all who participated and to those that have followed NYCoug Seahawk trek this year.
If my addition still works we collected $913.24 for our friend and we have humbled him to the 12th power.

OP
OP
LudwigsDrummer

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
mikeak":3mwa8yky said:
^ the above won't let him use the vivid seat discount

Did anyone talk to NYCoug which was better?

I hope things works out with the tickets. I am in the camp of not buying tickets outside the stadiums anymore due to the large risk of it being cancelled

Great point. I think he needs to use a brokerage if he isn't buying the tickets directly from a trusted source.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
WOW. Way to step it up and come through in the clutch, guys! Just like the Hawks will on Sunday! Love it.

I've got to hang out with Dave a bunch this year, both in Seattle and on the road. And one of our themes of the season has been "Hawking it forward". That good things come to those who do good things for others. That it's not about doing a favor for someone, expecting something in return from them specifically. But that it's about paying it forward to society, friends, fellow fans, the cosmos, etc. And this is yet another sign of it working. At one point this season Dave gave $5 to a homeless guy in Seattle, only to return to NY and get $5 from his girlfriend. At a time when Hawks fans are gouging fellow Hawks fans for tickets, we got genuinely stand up, awesome people on this site coming through for one of our own. And seriously, Dave deserves it. Dude spent way more on some last minute plane tickets than most of us ever would.

Can't wait til we get the collection fund going for SB tickets. :th2thumbs:

GO HAWKS!

Latest posts