"One of our goals this year is to be undefeated"

BlueTalons

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3m89dxxd said:
Gawd I'd love it so so much if every time a Niner fan mentioned their 5 rings if we could respond with "19-0"
Don't forget the 4-0 pre-season! 23-0 baby! Win Forever!!
:229031_thewave:

GO HAWKS!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
God it will be fun when we lose this week and 100 threads pop up with "told ya so's" and criticizing people for "expecting the impossible" and being unrealistic.

And then, again, when we don't lose another game all year and end up 18-1, we true believers will put up 100 threads blaming the doubters for costing us that one game back in October with their negative energy.

Good Times on .NET!!

OP
OP
F

Fudwamper

Reaction score
bestfightstory":72v0475c said:
God it will be fun when we lose this week and 100 threads pop up with "told ya so's" and criticizing people for "expecting the impossible" and being unrealistic.

And then, again, when we don't lose another game all year and end up 18-1, we true believers will put up 100 threads blaming the doubters for costing us that one game back in October with their negative energy.

Good Times on .NET!!

Are the Hawks being the unrealistic ones? I mean it is their goal. As he said undefeated, NFC champs, and SB.

I personally think it is awesome that they believe that they should win every game they play in and they have a goal of going undefeated.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Fudwamper":2tuyl8pf said:
bestfightstory":2tuyl8pf said:

Good Times on .NET!!

Are the Hawks being the unrealistic ones? I mean it is their goal. As he said undefeated, NFC champs, and SB.

I personally think it is awesome that they believe that they should win every game they play in and they have a goal of going undefeated.

You will get no argument from me.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ngb75omm said:
If we're 14-0, we aren't resting our starters for 2 weeks. I can't imagine how badly Carroll would love to be one of the few coaches with a 16-0 mark on his record. (Or 19-0...)

I'm torn on this. Surely you can't just sit your starters for what would amount to 3 solid weeks (inc the bye), but injuries will be compounded by season's end and rest will likely pay dividends. I'd propose our starters play the first half against both Stl and Zona. As I suggested earlier, I think TJ and Michael can get those wins anyway, thus keeping the streak alive.

Every coach that faces this dilemma opts for rest over an undefeated season. That is the only reason the fish of 72 still hold the record (plus, theirs was a 14 game reg season, anyway). No coach will risk his QB in unnecessary games, perhaps forfeiting a SB, to extend a winning streak. Certainly every coach wants the record, none will ever put it before a championship.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Just for fun and to think differently, I'd prefer if our starters came in for the 2nd half of those games, and only if necessary.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":33o4lyl0 said:
Just for fun and to think differently, I'd prefer if our starters came in for the 2nd half of those games, and only if necessary.

Unprecedented!!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Scottish_Hawk":1k3mhxe8 said:
We can definitely do it and cement ourself in history though we all know what the real goal is !
To bag those two babes in your avatar?

HawkWow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":goylop1w said:

It's amazing how ridged things are when it comes to starters starting. Almost senseless, really. Who cares?

Your concept makes a ton more sense and on many levels. Viva la revolution!

Sac

Reaction score
HawkWow":2xa6au9c said:
Every coach that faces this dilemma opts for rest over an undefeated season. That is the only reason the fish of 72 still hold the record (plus, theirs was a 14 game reg season, anyway). No coach will risk his QB in unnecessary games, perhaps forfeiting a SB, to extend a winning streak. Certainly every coach wants the record, none will ever put it before a championship.

I don't think that would be the case with Pete. He wants to win forever and it would go against his message and one of the team goals if he mailed a late game in with backups

A

Anonymous

Funny, I thought the goal of every game we humans play against each other was to win...?

I understand that the NFL is one big cash machine that provides sustenance and entertainment for countless millions globally. But when you wipe away all of those commercial and social components, it is still a competitive game.

To devote your life to participating in this game without the ultimate goal of excelling above the opponent takes all the fun out of it. All you have left is a job; that, in many cases, batters your body and your brain in such a way as to make the balance of your life painful and mentally challenging.

On the latest installment of "Inside the NFL" the guest was HOF OT (and legend) Anthony Munoz. He, like Baldy (and others) has to live the rest of his life with a pinky finger flopping around and sticking out because it was broken so many times. The only thing that makes that disfigurement endurable is the yellow jacket he has hanging in his closet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":4wg2m4vd said:
The only thing that makes that disfigurement endurable is the yellow jacket he has hanging in his closet.

Anybody that has an actual physical handicap that really hurts their quality of life just vomited in their mouth a little bit at this statement, methinks. Come on, dude.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HawkWow":23nod7g5 said:
bestfightstory":23nod7g5 said:

It's amazing how ridged things are when it comes to starters starting. Almost senseless, really. Who cares?

Your concept makes a ton more sense and on many levels. Viva la revolution!

RevoluCion

CANHawk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2ypydcxp said:
Funny, I thought the goal of every game we humans play against each other was to win...?

I understand that the NFL is one big cash machine that provides sustenance and entertainment for countless millions globally. But when you wipe away all of those commercial and social components, it is still a competitive game.

To devote your life to participating in this game without the ultimate goal of excelling above the opponent takes all the fun out of it. All you have left is a job; that, in many cases, batters your body and your brain in such a way as to make the balance of your life painful and mentally challenging.

On the latest installment of "Inside the NFL" the guest was HOF OT (and legend) Anthony Munoz. He, like Baldy (and others) has to live the rest of his life with a pinky finger flopping around and sticking out because it was broken so many times. The only thing that makes that disfigurement endurable is the yellow jacket he has hanging in his closet.

Lol, exactly. I don't think anyone starts the season with a "goal" to lose in week 10 to Atlanta.

HawkWow

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":5tb2ubgq said:
HawkWow":5tb2ubgq said:

I don't think that would be the case with Pete. He wants to win forever and it would go against his message and one of the team goals if he mailed a late game in with backups

I don't argue your point even a bit. Earlier in the thread, I suggested TJ and Michael (?) would beat the Cards and Rams. WRs don't worry me as much re: rest / injury. The O-line, in whatever capacity it is in at that time, should be fine as well. Guys getting valuable reps now and should have their stuff together by week 14 and by that time I'd like to think Okung etc will have had plenty of rest. I have very few concerns about anyone we choose to put on the D-side vs either the Rams or Cards...at home. ; )

Add a couple qtrs. of our pro-bowl starters to that and I think we have our cake and eat it too. Resting for the playoffs, winning reg season. The next step just about 48 hrs away. Go Hawks!

blue 22

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be cool if denver and the hawks both went undefeated and met in the superb owl?

:179422:

A

Anonymous

RolandDeschain":3dwkrlc8 said:
HoustonHawk82":3dwkrlc8 said:
The only thing that makes that disfigurement endurable is the yellow jacket he has hanging in his closet.

Anybody that has an actual physical handicap that really hurts their quality of life just vomited in their mouth a little bit at this statement, methinks. Come on, dude.

I'm one of those people, and I didn't vomit...

Way to pluck-out and groom the context their Roland. I'm absolutely not referring to anybody with a "physical handicap". I'm referring to an NFL football player who sacrifices his body to help his team win the game, and when his playing days are over, he must live with the pain and disfigurement of injuries endured during those playing years.

Earning tangible awards for individual and team efforts are a comfort to them as they move on with their lives, but for Munoz especially, it is working with other ex-players to help teach the skills of the game to the young guys that brings even more satisfaction. Though, that yellow jacket most certainly helps to hide that pinky.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Not making light of Munoz's "handicap", or anyone else's, but I wonder whether or not that pinky is a visual aide in the war story of a HOFer? Certainly a conversation starter, innit?

I could be way off base, and mean no offense, but considering a guy can become a girl for $7,500 in Thailand (I checked, J/K), it's rather peculiar (to me) that Munoz can't get his pinky straightened out.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3r6l11gz said:
Yet a large number of people on this board jump anyone who suggests hope that this is a possibility.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves bladda yadda uadda.
Lol...totally. Not sure I get it either. We are fans, not players giving cliche interview responses.