"One of our goals this year is to be undefeated"

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Yet a large number of people on this board jump anyone who suggests hope that this is a possibility.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves bladda yadda uadda.

strohmin

Reaction score
Most teams want to accomplish i, but they are afraid to take on the challenge of making it one of their goals. I think this team has nothing to be afraid of and I feel like they should go for it.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
strohmin":25jfjj4v said:
Most teams want to accomplish i, but they are afraid to take on the challenge of making it one of their goals. I think this team has nothing to be afraid of and I feel like they should go for it.

That's right!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
McDonald is establishing himself as a vocal leader for this team.

Its so special when the youngsters start growing up *sniff*

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
bestfightstory":2s0ks1pk said:
Yet a large number of people on this board jump anyone who suggests hope that this is a possibility.

Those ninnies can sit back and not enjoy dreaming for the heavens to avoid the potential fall back to Earth all they want.

I'm sitting here with my head in the clouds enjoying every moment, and what will be, will be; be it 19-0, 11-5, whatever.

DAMNED STRAIGHT I'M HOPING TO SEE US GO UNDEFEATED. GO HAWKS!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
carried the 3?

I did a DVOA projection of the rest of the season. Giving home team +17%, the Hawks meet the Broncos in the SB and BOTH teams enter undefeated!

Wartooth

Reaction score
Why not?
The next 6 games are all winnable.
And The Saints have to come to the 'Legion of Booms Stronghold'.
It could happen.
But I'd just be happy with the NFC playoffs going through Seattle.

evergreen

Reaction score
Let's shelve this discussion for a few weeks. I could see the Broncos talking about it as they blow their opponents out every week. Let them talk about it. It doesn't seem like we are where we were at the end of last year. The only thing we're doing better is winning. It's too early to be patting ourselves on the back. Still, when you're up on this team late in the 3rd by 20-3, you better be worried man! We f@cking own the 4th quarter.

davidonmi

Reaction score
16-0 is nice, but it's all about the SB for me, with preferably including a playoff win against the niners

HawkWow

Reaction score
Why 16-0 is a possibility is because it's likely TJ and Turbin (Michael?) can beat the Cards and rams at the Clink. If we are 14-0 after NYG, it's likely we will have the NFC sewn up. At that point, it's likely we will only see RW, ML (Harvin?) etc. in very limited play, if at all.

As an aside Jake Scott, the 1st defensive player to ever be named MVP in the SB, is a fishing buddy of mine (he resides here in Hanalei). Every time a team (like the Pats and Colts) get close to the record of Jake's '72 phins, we watch the game together. He wants the record broken badly. He is tired of talking about the record and embarrassed by his former teammates who celebrate (with champagne) when the record survives. Jake is a very unusual cat. When the SB MVPS were all introduced at SB 40, there was no Jake Scott. He was fishing for Ahi. ; )

KitsapHawk

Reaction score
evergreen":1u36n2tz said:
Let's shelve this discussion for a few weeks. I could see the Broncos talking about it as they blow their opponents out every week. Let them talk about it. It doesn't seem like we are where we were at the end of last year. The only thing we're doing better is winning. It's too early to be patting ourselves on the back. Still, when you're up on this team late in the 3rd by 20-3, you better be worried man! We f@cking own the 4th quarter.

Lets not decide to shelve things

253hawk

Reaction score
Going undefeated would not only be awesome for us, but the rest of the league and every fan would have to give their eternal thanks in doing so because it would also shut up Mercury Morris once and for all.

davidonmi

Reaction score
we are not going 16-0 guys calm down, and neither is denver or any team for the forseeable future. We are winning on the road but we aren't a dominant road team. And I am fine with just winning, however we aren't going 8-0 on the road, calm down

bestfightstory

Reaction score
davidonmi":24djrwfu said:
we are not going 16-0 guys calm down, and neither is denver or any team for the forseeable future. We are winning on the road but we aren't a dominant road team. And I am fine with just winning, however we aren't going 8-0 on the road, calm down

Locker Room Billboard Material!!!!!

Somebody send this post to Clinton McDonald!! He needs to calm down.

nategreat

Reaction score
HawkWow":1l7lao6y said:
Why 16-0 is a possibility is because it's likely TJ and Turbin (Michael?) can beat the Cards and rams at the Clink. If we are 14-0 after NYG, it's likely we will have the NFC sewn up. At that point, it's likely we will only see RW, ML (Harvin?) etc. in very limited play, if at all.

As an aside Jake Scott, the 1st defensive player to ever be named MVP in the SB, is a fishing buddy of mine (he resides here in Hanalei). Every time a team (like the Pats and Colts) get close to the record of Jake's '72 phins, we watch the game together. He wants the record broken badly. He is tired of talking about the record and embarrassed by his former teammates who celebrate (with champagne) when the record survives. Jake is a very unusual cat. When the SB MVPS were all introduced at SB 40, there was no Jake Scott. He was fishing for Ahi. ; )

Yeah I don't know how Pete would handle that, to be honest. I could see him playing all our starters actually, and not pulling anyone as long as they are going into the game completely healthy.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
davidonmi":3tdgkl5b said:
St. Louis. 2 wins.
AZ 2 wins.
NYG win
Bucs win
Vikings win

That's 11-0 right there. Those are the games we SHOULD win.

Indy: tough road game.
NO: Big Game, our house, if the 7-9 Hawks can do it, so can this unit.
At SF: If Turbin doesn't drop that pass, we beat them LAST YEAR. This year, we got them. I'm more worried about NO than SF.
Tenn: yeah, I think Tenn is going to be a tough fight.
At Atl: That's a tough one, but Atl. doesn't look as good this year. I think we win this one.

So no, david, I'm not ceding that we're going to lose a game until we actually do.

Everyone on this board knows I'm up there with Jazzhawk for being negative, pointing out the flaws, never 100% buying in. And I'll keep calling the flaws as I see them. This team has a crap oline. Wilson will be lucky to finish the season in one piece. He doesn't look nearly as sharp this year so far, he's having a minor sophomore slump. Not a full blown one by any means, but he's not been as sharp.

But until they lose a game, I think this team really CAN go 16-0.

When Cincinatti scored with what was it? a minute and a half left in the Super Bowl? and Montana's Niners got the ball back at like their own 2 or something, you know, that John Candy moment, I was in a bar with my wife and I turned to her and said "Cincy blew it. They gave Montana the ball back with too much time on the clock. Niners are gonna win the Super Bowl."

Because I knew Joe Montana was a champion.

These Hawks can do it. Because these guys have the mentality of champions and they've set going undefeated as their goal. 98 yards away, time running out in the Super Bowl and they're going to win mentality.

and if they don't, and if they lose a gaime. They're still going to go to the Super Bowl this year. With HFA in the playoffs.

Book it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3dbhc93j said:

Meh, it's our JOB to be wildly optimistic. Seriously if we win against Indianapolis I see us finishing no worse than 14-2. :th2thumbs:

Latest posts