Okung to IR with designation to return

mikeak

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1a0h270o said:
mikeak":1a0h270o said:
Hasselbeck":1a0h270o said:
Great point by Breer here too:

AlbertBreer 12:03pm via Web
The Okung news shows the wisdom in the Seahawks keeping Percy Harvin on PUP. Saved the IR-return designation, which is huge now.

Actually I am going to file Breer's tweet under "stupid point".

There is not a single NFL team in the league that will have a guy eligible for PUP that won't put him on the PUP list but instead say oh how about we put him on the IR designated to return list so that we can't use that one spot for someone else........

They would have been idiots for putting Harvin on the IR designated to return "list". They should have been fired if they did that. Putting him on the PUP list is what is called doing your job........

Damn, dude. Whatcha got jammed in your a-hole?

My post was against Albert Breer. A person that gets paid to know how these things work. Not against you. It was why I specifically tied it to his tweet

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
So both the early Super Bowl favorites in each conference has lost their starting LT with Clady going down for the year with the Broncos. I can't recall Okung missing that Dallas game last year and who played in his spot. Can anyone tell me? Based on the way that game went, whoever was in must have done a good job on Ware.

No doubt it will hurt to lose the starting LT and a good one at that. But this is the kind of thing championship calibre teams are expected to overcome

Johnny

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1r60tvwr said:
I can't recall Okung missing that Dallas game last year and who played in his spot. Can anyone tell me? Based on the way that game went, whoever was in must have done a good job on Ware.

Frank Omiyale started that game, from what i remember they gave him some help with TEs and RBs...

I think we'll be OK without Okung for a stretch this year... But in the playoffs we'll need him if we don't get homefield advantage throughout..

blkhwk

Reaction score
The fact that they didn't sign a vet OT speaks volumes. It speaks to the trust in McQ and the faith in the Rooks to play the spot. This FO has been right way more times than they have been wrong.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
brimsalabim":15o8sxtg said:
all this over a toe? Id cut mine off for an opportunity to play in a super bowl. He gets paid the same whether he plays or not ...right?
Guys have missed an entire season with turf toe. Folks on this board that have had the injury while playing the game described the pain as brutal and very debilitating on the first Okung injury thread right after the Whiner game and for about 2 days thereafter. Don't underestimate this injury.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
I for one, would vote for our first pick next year to be a LT. Okung is just plain injury prone and we must have protection from that side

Latest posts