Okung to IR with designation to return

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
McQuistan should improve at least marginally next week now that he's had time to, you know, PRACTICE at one of the game's toughest positions.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Sturm":37menomu said:
I really hope that when it comes time to negotiate to resign Okung, that his injuries are heavily weighted. In short, he should't be paid much more than your above-average veteran player.

I really hope that when it comes time to negotiate to resign Okung, the front office continues its excellent trend of not listening to the fanbase. :34853_doh:

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The Jags have Jason Babin, so its not like its some slug pass rusher.

Decent first test before we face the best DL in football

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1iq7gvbw said:
Sturm":1iq7gvbw said:
I really hope that when it comes time to negotiate to resign Okung, that his injuries are heavily weighted. In short, he should't be paid much more than your above-average veteran player.

I really hope that when it comes time to negotiate to resign Okung, the front office continues its excellent trend of not listening to the fanbase. :34853_doh:
Correct. This goes the same for the Thurmond/Browner situation also. Ball is in Brandon's court as far as I am concerned.

For example we had many people questioning the cuts on defense....yet we it looks like we have a defense on the level or possibly far better than the 1990's Cortez Kennedy era. That's both insane and scary (possibly historically).

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I am not going to worry about it. The main division completion is getting weaker in the division and we can limp along.

The next man up had to be only up 8 weeks. We get him back for the playoff run. That is the important thing

Jville

Reaction score
Happypuppy":3lezv4yd said:
I am not going to worry about it. The main division completion is getting weaker in the division and we can limp along.

The next man up had to be only up 8 weeks. We get him back for the playoff run. That is the important thing
Speaking of next man up, they now only have 52 on the 53 man roster. So .... do they go with 52 this weekend or add someone.

mikeak

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1590cy8l said:
Great point by Breer here too:

AlbertBreer 12:03pm via Web
The Okung news shows the wisdom in the Seahawks keeping Percy Harvin on PUP. Saved the IR-return designation, which is huge now.

Actually I am going to file Breer's tweet under "stupid point".

There is not a single NFL team in the league that will have a guy eligible for PUP that won't put him on the PUP list but instead say oh how about we put him on the IR designated to return list so that we can't use that one spot for someone else........

They would have been idiots for putting Harvin on the IR designated to return "list". They should have been fired if they did that. Putting him on the PUP list is what is called doing your job........

kf3339

Reaction score
Sturm":2vdyh0xf said:

:13: :13: :13:

kf3339

Reaction score
volsunghawk":30f4b4pl said:
Sturm":30f4b4pl said:

Why? How good is he if he can't play? He didn't get hurt because of another player crashing into him. He hurt himself.

I'm not saying not to re-sign him but if his demands are extravagant I think it's completely appropriate to take into account his injury history when deciding what his true worth is to the team. We don't have a statue for a QB, so that helps to negate to a degree what type of LT we really need, and at what price IMO.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
volsunghawk":v48gdgse said:
Sturm":v48gdgse said:

:13: :13: :13: :13: :13:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
PGunning101":xe0n10tj said:
McQuistan for a week or so, then Alvin Bailey time.

Get well soon Okung.

Nothing will keep these Hawks down!

Yup, they need to start easing Bailey in there. McQuistan's at his ceiling and opponents will find exactly where that ceiling is soon...and exploit it to the max. We need an upright Russel to keep us in games and a healthy Russell to make it to the show.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
mikeak":33fjbsvt said:
Hasselbeck":33fjbsvt said:
Great point by Breer here too:

AlbertBreer 12:03pm via Web
The Okung news shows the wisdom in the Seahawks keeping Percy Harvin on PUP. Saved the IR-return designation, which is huge now.

Actually I am going to file Breer's tweet under "stupid point".

There is not a single NFL team in the league that will have a guy eligible for PUP that won't put him on the PUP list but instead say oh how about we put him on the IR designated to return list so that we can't use that one spot for someone else........

They would have been idiots for putting Harvin on the IR designated to return "list". They should have been fired if they did that. Putting him on the PUP list is what is called doing your job........

Damn, dude. Whatcha got jammed in your a-hole?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Brian Cushing just signed an obscene extension with the Texans coming off an ACL. I really doubt this affects Okung's next contract unless the injury makes him a lesser player, which would be bad news for everyone.

speedcat

Reaction score
Largent80":1sl8ayq2 said:
The right side of the line had better man up because we will probably roll that way now.

yep. We should see more rolls where he then screens to the RBs. Funny how SF didn't see that coming at all. Great plays with Beast Mode, and one where he was essentially a wide receiver LOL ;)

speedcat

Reaction score
Veilside":3w4zuonu said:
This right here is a big reason we are lucky to have Russell Wilson. Even if pressured, he is still super accurate on the run and will always give us a chance to make plays despite having guys like JJ Watt blow through our LT (ala Aldon Smith last game). He'll still take his sacks but he'll also still make plays and that so far combined with our elite defense has been enough to keep us in EVERY game.

Heal well Okung.

I agree, and think that will work against *most* teams, as long as our offense can keep up with some of the more prolific scoring teams. IMO Wilson is actually better/more accurate when under pressure and on the run. Of course being mobile opens up his passing lanes, but there's more to it than that... he excels under pressure.

speedcat

Reaction score
Largent80":2xgw9v90 said:
This game Sunday is perfect for McQ. He didn't take a single snap at LT for the entire week before the 9er game and didn't do too bad considering. This week he is a full go at practice and the game.

That's what coach said. I'm going to go with Pete's judgement. :)

speedcat

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1c69ylva said:
This just takes options away from our offense and makes us easier to defend. We are going to have to give mcquiston help with either a back or te to chip.

I think that depends on who we're going up against. With many defenses, DangeRuss will merely roll out duck tackles and make plays on the move. A few elite defenses may get to Russell, and this is where we will need to put in the extra weakside guy. IMO.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
all this over a toe? Id cut mine off for an opportunity to play in a super bowl. He gets paid the same whether he plays or not ...right?