Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

I bet our 1st round pick would have made an appearance in more than 1 game.

Brahn

Reaction score
Largefarva":1ircn3rg said:
I bet our 1st round pick would have made an appearance in more than 1 game.

You can bet on it, but you are unable to guarantee it.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, because barely any 1st round picks ever play more than 1 game their rookie year.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Incredibly disappointed in the 12th man and their lack of support for a player that is injured. I thought people were much better than this and since joining this forum I have been introduced to how fickle this fan base really is. Never have I seen so many chicken little's in one spot.

He's injured....thats not his fault, he's trying to get back. Yet I see people calling him a "bum", "piece of crap", etc. Being objective or even critical is ok and understandable.... but injuries are a different story.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think its fair to wonder based on his history. My personal opinion is that its just bad luck and he really has done everything possible to play. But I can't fault anyone for disagreeing with me. Chancellor seemed to play with a very similar injury last year and as far as I can tell its a pain tolerence thing not really a re-injruy risk issue. If thats the case he has to suit up for the playoffs and offer something and grind it out....and I think he will. Its sad but his reputation in Minnesota hurts him hear and thats either earned or it isnt. I hope he proves everyone wrong real quick. I think we need him to.

Brahn

Reaction score
Largefarva":245990b7 said:
Yeah, because barely any 1st round picks ever play more than 1 game their rookie year.

So what you are saying is you are unable to guarantee it?

A

Anonymous

austinslater25":5650lbv9 said:
I think its fair to wonder based on his history. My personal opinion is that its just bad luck and he really has done everything possible to play. But I can't fault anyone for disagreeing with me. Chancellor seemed to play with a very similar injury last year and as far as I can tell its a pain tolerence thing not really a re-injruy risk issue. If thats the case he has to suit up for the playoffs and offer something and grind it out....and I think he will. Its sad but his reputation in Minnesota hurts him hear and thats either earned or it isnt. I hope he proves everyone wrong real quick. I think we need him to.

I would be tickled pink if this were to happen....but in light of Pete's comments today it's looking highly unlikely. Pure speculation, but it appears he's heading to IR soon.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Thats very possible. I just have a gut feeling that he appears come playoff time. I didn't hear todays comments though lol. Did he say it on the brock and danny show?

Jville

Reaction score
Well if they IR Percy, they will not have to cut anyone to make room for the return of Walter Thurmond.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Largefarva":c7xzrmq2 said:

e.g. David DeCastro

A player I wanted to badly a couple years ago

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I just don't really care about percy any more. I don't even know what to think.
So many theories. I just don't know....

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
Really the blame should not go on Percy but rather Schneider and Carroll for making a blunder of a move. I agree Percy cannot control his own injuries and the ensuing rehab process. This was simply a risky move that was miscalculated by the front office. For as much as Schneider and Carroll should be applauded for picking guys like Sherm, Kam, and Baldwin, they need to be held accountable for poor decisions like Harvin.

HansGruber

Reaction score
kmedic":3h3k5doc said:
Really the blame should not go on Percy but rather Schneider and Carroll for making a blunder of a move. I agree Percy cannot control his own injuries and the ensuing rehab process. This was simply a risky move that was miscalculated by the front office. For as much as Schneider and Carroll should be applauded for picking guys like Sherm, Kam, and Baldwin, they need to be held accountable for poor decisions like Harvin.

Agree to disagree.

Harvin was paid under the assumption of health. He came here talking about wanting to win. Then he got paid and decided to have a season ending surgery. There's no way Schneider and Carroll could have foreseen that. You can't blame them.

The only thing that bothered me was the reports out there about Harvin quitting on his team last season, refusing to play under the same circumstances. Many Vikings fans said this would happen and it did. We should pay attention to that. But honestly, if Carroll was the type to listen to everyone else, we wouldn't have Sherman, Wilson, Chancellor, Lynch and other core members of the team.

Overall though, screw Harvin. He got paid and he quit. He never cared about this team and never intended to play. Cut him.

Decimation

Reaction score
HansGruber":2gqzyoft said:
kmedic":2gqzyoft said:

Agree to disagree.

Harvin was paid under the assumption of health. He came here talking about wanting to win. Then he got paid and decided to have a season ending surgery. There's no way Schneider and Carroll could have foreseen that. You can't blame them.

The only thing that bothered me was the reports out there about Harvin quitting on his team last season, refusing to play under the same circumstances. Many Vikings fans said this would happen and it did. We should pay attention to that. But honestly, if Carroll was the type to listen to everyone else, we wouldn't have Sherman, Wilson, Chancellor, Lynch and other core members of the team.

Overall though, screw Harvin. He got paid and he quit. He never cared about this team and never intended to play. Cut him.
I agree. I don't want him on this team. He's never on the sideline/bench anyways so it's like he doesn't even play for the team.

He got his pay day and that's all there is to it. Thanks for nothing, Harvin. Only played on the Vikings game too for whatever reason. This whole situation with him is a joke.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2mwipmb0 said:
Incredibly disappointed in the 12th man and their lack of support for a player that is injured. I thought people were much better than this and since joining this forum I have been introduced to how fickle this fan base really is. Never have I seen so many chicken little's in one spot.

He's injured....thats not his fault, he's trying to get back. Yet I see people calling him a "bum", "piece of crap", etc. Being objective or even critical is ok and understandable.... but injuries are a different story.

Hey....where's your sign? :sarcasm_on:

OP
OP
K

kmedic

Reaction score
HansGruber":1uvhxveu said:
kmedic":1uvhxveu said:

Agree to disagree.

"Assumptions of health" should never ever be occurring when signing or drafting players, especially if you're forking out $25 million and draft picks. If you're implying that Harvin duped our front office somehow regarding his health then good for him. It's not his job to make sure that we are getting a player that is not injury prone, it's the front office's responsibility. As much as I am frustrated personally with Harvin, this debacle ultimately falls on their shoulders.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I don't know what to think about the Harvin situation beyond my opinion that the organization is treating it like the Rodgers situation. He could play but they deemed the reward not worth the risk given all the other factors in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts