Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansGruber

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":30tzp126 said:
HansGruber":30tzp126 said:
KCHawkGirl":30tzp126 said:
Yeah, so it might not be stupid that the FO is conservative and patient concerning Harvin right?

I've never accused the front office of stupidity. Our front office really didn't do anything wrong here, other than perhaps to ignore all the warning signs from high school to college and into the pros at Minnesota. They had the luxury to take a risk and unfortunately, it backfired.

But I don't believe that Harvin will ever be a serious factor here. I'd be surprised if he was even able to put together a patchwork career in Seattle like Sidney Rice did (who also has struggled Weconstantly with injuries). If he comes back in the future and proves me wrong, great. But I'm just tired of hearing about potential with all these free agent WRs who never do anything in Seattle. And now, this guy who was apparently healthy enough to play a month and a half ago, but too much pain since then. Something is wrong.

Honestly, I don't understand why some fans are sticking up for Harvin so much. He has done nothing for this team other than to suck up cap space and collect a paycheck. Of course, potential has never impressed me. Results do, but potential just annoys me because it generally just highlights a letdown. And Harvin has definitely been a letdown.

Do you believe our front office would have made the trade had they known Harvin would sit out the entire season? Do you believe our front office does NOT see the trade as a failure?
This is about the only nice thing I can say about your position.... thank God you're not running the team. Other than that you literally wrote a book of misinformation at best and willful ignorance at worst. And that is the last of the polite and politically correct things I can say for the above essay and the other essays you have written. So let's just say someone here is going to eat serious crow and it won't be me.

I'd be happy to eat crow. So when is that going to happen? This season? Next?

Willful ignorance? Ok, that means there are facts out there which I'm ignoring. Please, do share. There is no will to my ignorance, I'd be more than happy to hear some good news. Do you have some?

And I asked you a question - do you think our front office is happy with the way this has played out? Instead of insulting me, maybe you could share some inside info since you seem so sure that they are.

HansGruber

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":sejtenpf said:
hawksfansinceday1":sejtenpf said:
HansGruber":sejtenpf said:
ImTheScientist":sejtenpf said:
Reed was old and at the end of his career.

What makes me nervous is that Harvin may not be old, but there are legitimate concerns about the longevity of his career.

John Clayton was discussing it on 710ESPN just about two hours ago and actually said he is doubtful that Harvin will ever be a serious factor in Seattle. There are a numberi of pretty smart people wondering out loud about it.
I feel the same as Clayton. Sincerely hope to be wrong.
Of course you do given you've been loud and clear about your negative view about the trade and Harvin like 5-6 other overreacting posters here. Couple that with your thinking hip surgery is some minor deal so ask me why I am not shocked?

I have said more than once on this very site I have had hip surgery (it was a bit more involved) but I am not an athlete but the opposite. But it's an area of the body that involves the most important joint in the lower body bar none and for the normal person can be 2 or more years to recover if ever. And you and others are painting it like he's done? When even now it's obvious he could play at an elite level, his level with no dropoff. The issue currently is recovery time

You say it is a major procedure and he may never be the same or may take years to heal.

But then you are attacking posters who are voicing concerns that it may be a serious injury and he may never be the same or may take years to heal.

I'm confused as to specifically what you disagree with.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am not attacking you just your overeaction. Any hip surgery is major. For a person not in elite physical condition beforehand they usually never fully recover. But obviously that isn't Percy's case and since it doesn't fit your "concerns" it really seems to grind your gears.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":kfhw3mdd said:
KCHawkGirl":kfhw3mdd said:
HansGruber":kfhw3mdd said:
KCHawkGirl":kfhw3mdd said:
Yeah, so it might not be stupid that the FO is conservative and patient concerning Harvin right?

I've never accused the front office of stupidity. Our front office really didn't do anything wrong here, other than perhaps to ignore all the warning signs from high school to college and into the pros at Minnesota. They had the luxury to take a risk and unfortunately, it backfired.

But I don't believe that Harvin will ever be a serious factor here. I'd be surprised if he was even able to put together a patchwork career in Seattle like Sidney Rice did (who also has struggled Weconstantly with injuries). If he comes back in the future and proves me wrong, great. But I'm just tired of hearing about potential with all these free agent WRs who never do anything in Seattle. And now, this guy who was apparently healthy enough to play a month and a half ago, but too much pain since then. Something is wrong.

Honestly, I don't understand why some fans are sticking up for Harvin so much. He has done nothing for this team other than to suck up cap space and collect a paycheck. Of course, potential has never impressed me. Results do, but potential just annoys me because it generally just highlights a letdown. And Harvin has definitely been a letdown.

Do you believe our front office would have made the trade had they known Harvin would sit out the entire season? Do you believe our front office does NOT see the trade as a failure?
This is about the only nice thing I can say about your position.... thank God you're not running the team. Other than that you literally wrote a book of misinformation at best and willful ignorance at worst. And that is the last of the polite and politically correct things I can say for the above essay and the other essays you have written. So let's just say someone here is going to eat serious crow and it won't be me.

Willful ignorance? Ok, that means there are facts out there which I'm ignoring. Please, do share. There is no will to my ignorance, I'd be more than happy to hear some good news. Do you have some?

And I asked you a question - do you think our front office is happy with the way this has played out? Instead of insulting me, maybe you could share some inside info since you seem so sure that they are.
With 20/20 hindsight like you have? Hell no! But it doesn't work like that and incredibly they already are prepared to sign who they consider the core including the Harvin money. Not me

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Not what you or I consider core. But what THEY consider core. And yes Harvin is just as core as Wilson and likely Sherman or Thomas beyond that it's anybody's guess.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HansGruber":10y41jub said:
KCHawkGirl":10y41jub said:
HansGruber":10y41jub said:
KCHawkGirl":10y41jub said:

With 20/20 hindsight like you have? Hell no! But it doesn't work like that and incredibly they already are prepared to sign who they consider the core including the Harvin money. Not me

HansGruber

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1bgc2zeb said:
I am not attacking you just your overeaction. Any hip surgery is major. For a person not in elite physical condition beforehand they usually never fully recover. But obviously that isn't Percy's case and since it doesn't fit your "concerns" it really seems to grind your gears.

Do you see that we're saying the same thing? You just said again exactly what has me concerned - hip surgeries are a major procedure and can have a huge long term impact as well as a long recovery time.

How is it odd that fans would fear the worst? We are seeing the worst right now.

I've never accused Harvin of faking anything. But if he isn't faking, then what is happening?

The fact that he was given a cortisone injection after the Vikes game is not a good sign.

I'm curious how you could ignore that and declare that he will be fine, considering how and why cortisone is used in the treatment of hip injuries. If this was a simple setback, he'd be on NSAIDs and hanging out at practice (at least making an appearance as he was before).

Nobody here wishes any harm to Harvin. Those who anger you are only expressing concern that this is more serious than anyone is admitting, which is valid enough that John Clayton mentioned it on ESPN today. It's a real concern and there are valid reasons behind it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Let's just say you decide to look at it negatively and I choose to look at it positively and Clayton is a muckraking throwing darts in the dark while blindfolded on one leg and that not one of us has any of the actual facts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But by looking at Percy's actual history without Minnesota spin or bias I definitely believe you will change your view before I do.:)

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think Hans is 100% correct. This has been pretty much a disaster and it's not looking like it's going to get better any time soon. I'm somewhat encouraged that he hasn't been ir'd but that is just hoping against hope at this point. Why is Seattle the place receivers go to be complete disappointments? It's like continually getting the dream toy for Christmas but it's broken right out of the box. Every damn year.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2kmxk3fj said:
I think Hans is 100% correct. This has been pretty much a disaster and it's not looking like it's going to get better any time soon. I'm somewhat encouraged that he hasn't been ir'd but that is just hoping against hope at this point. Why is Seattle the place receivers go to be complete disappointments? It's like continually getting the dream toy for Christmas but it's broken right out of the box. Every damn year.
Again an expected response from an expected person. Not surprised and starting to get bored here! Can anyone beyond the usual suspects step up already? :It's not the disagreement that doesn't have validity but the hyperbole. It's old and baseless.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":ep1z3emq said:
Again an expected response from an expected person. Not surprised and starting to get bored here! Can anyone beyond the usual suspects step up already?

warden

Reaction score
KCHAWKGIRL

You are wasting your time with these people. Just do what I do and laugh at their posts, no need to debate anything with them

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
warden":3v1mfo1u said:
KCHAWKGIRL

You are wasting your time with these people. Just do what I do and laugh at their posts, no need to debate anything with them
Yeah, good advice no need to get upset over stupidity. I hear crow is pretty gamey, stringy, and tough.... chew small bites would be my advice boys.:)

Throwdown

Reaction score
Started out as a good discussion and debate... and devolved, thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.