Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Funny thought: at some point "The Harvin Effect" may stop being a reference to how he helps an offense and will instead be a reference to all of the players that Seattle lost now and in the future as a result of the trade (Cordarrelle Patterson/DeAndre Hopkins, Leon Washington, a $5-7 million FA, and loss of cap flexibility to sign stars in the future).

That being said, there's still time. It took Marshawn Lynch about a year and a half to become a consistent force for Seattle. I just hope my deepest concerns about this situation are not realized.

Will I

Reaction score
Basis4day":5mb7xe4r said:
brimsalabim":5mb7xe4r said:
Basis4day":5mb7xe4r said:
Many posters seem to have reached the false conclusion that it is 100% Percy's decision whether he practices or not.
It's an educated guess based on the limited info PC has disclosed. Pete said it was a question of playing with pain. If there is more to this the office is keeping it to them selves but based on what we know has occurred there is a good bet he is done.

No, it's a simple guess. There is not enough information to make an educated guess.
No one knows why he is actually sitting out. And yes, the FO is keeping it to themselves. That's how the NFL works. You're not going to get the answer you want and your not going to get 100% of the information. It is logically a false conclusion that you can reach factually accurate descriptions of Percy's situation with the extremely limited information thus far disclosed.

My original point stands. Too many posters think it's 100% Percy's choice to play or not. There is no basis for that belief over alternatives and anonymous speculation on the internet about what pain tolerance is is no better information than the limited information the FO chooses to disclose. What a random posters's uncle's best friend in college who happens to be a orthopedist in Guam has no basis or incite into Percy's situation.

The best and most accurate description of Percy's situation is this, "I have no clue why he is sitting out, and the FO has no obligation to give the fanbase nor opponents any more information of our offense than mandated by the league."

:13:

Well said Basis

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Listening to Pete's presser just now -- I have no doubt at all Percy is going on IR this week.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
The guy is done IMO for the season. I question if we will ever see him. It maybe we are better off to work an injury settlement with him if the rumors are true; you win some you lose some. This is a great team still.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 28m
Pete Carroll says its possible the team will have to make a roster decision on Percy Harvin.

Sounds like IR, unless they do the unthinkable and cut him to avoid guaranteeing his 2014 salary. Regardless, odds of seeing him in the playoffs are pretty much nil at this point.

12thManNorth

Reaction score
This just blows. Especially after seeing what's happened to our offence lately, this guy could absolutely be the difference of whether or not we win a Superbowl this year

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2wuv5m3t said:
Pete Carroll says its possible the team will have to make a roster decision on Percy Harvin.

Sounds like IR, unless they do the unthinkable and cut him to avoid guaranteeing his 2014 salary. Regardless, odds of seeing him in the playoffs are pretty much nil at this point.

Oooooooooh boy. We are on the verge of full scale disaster mode with this trade.

On the subject of cutting him now to avoid guaranteeing his 2014 salary: I would SERIOUSLY consider doing it if it means we re-sign both Golden Tate and Michael Bennett. Honestly, thats a damn close to a no-brainer for me.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1ezqp5vn said:
DavidSeven":1ezqp5vn said:

Oooooooooh boy. We are on the verge of full scale disaster mode with this trade.

On the subject of cutting him now to avoid guaranteeing his 2014 salary: I would SERIOUSLY consider doing it if it means we re-sign both Golden Tate and Michael Bennett. Honestly, thats a damn close to a no-brainer for me.

The actual cap savings would only be about $3 million, I believe ($10 million dead money hit vs. $13 million if on the 2014 roster). Could certainly put you over the top for one of those guys, but wouldn't be enough for a meaningful player on its own.

ivotuk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1n378nog said:
Funny thought: at some point "The Harvin Effect" may stop being a reference to how he helps an offense and will instead be a reference to all of the players that Seattle lost now and in the future as a result of the trade (Cordarrelle Patterson/DeAndre Hopkins, Leon Washington, a $5-7 million FA, and loss of cap flexibility to sign stars in the future).

That being said, there's still time. It took Marshawn Lynch about a year and a half to become a consistent force for Seattle. I just hope my deepest concerns about this situation are not realized.

That really hurts, with Leon Washington, instead of Turbin, we might have won 1 or 2 more games.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
"

The actual cap savings would only be about $3 million, I believe ($10 million dead money hit vs. $13 million if on the 2014 roster). Could certainly put you over the top for one of those guys, but wouldn't be enough for a meaningful player on its own. "

It can be done by back loading. I am not a fain of it most if the time but if someone with a big number is coming off down the road might make sense

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
It's still too early to tell if the Harvin trade was worth it, IMO.

From the one game that PH has played, he was absolutely balling. Could this have been adrenalin from debuting for the Seahawks, or extra motivation to beat his old team?...maybe, but he clearly has the skills to help this offense elevate to another level. I do not subscribe to the notion that he is lazy, afraid of pain, or a diva...if you review that Vikings game, he was really putting his heart in every down, even if he was just blocking or running decoy.

It's disappointing that he may not play for the remainder of this season (including playoffs), but I cannot call this a bad trade until I see him fully healthy and fully integrated into this offense (bummer that it will be next season).

The only regret I have is that we put him on the field for the Vikings game...in retrospect, it was too soon. Had we kept him on the bench, he may have fully recovered by now. It is impossible to know for certain.

I support the Wilson-Harvin ticket for 2014.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Happypuppy":1r3573sz said:
"
It can be done by back loading. I am not a fain of it most if the time but if someone with a big number is coming off down the road might make sense

Good point which also brings up this better overall point: the real benefit of cutting now him is what you save in cap space in 2015 and beyond (when ET, Sherm, RW become FAs).

Obviously, that would be a shocking move, though.

Jville

Reaction score
Trivia time.

Question: How much did a Percy Harvin snap cost in 2013?
Answer: ...............................................................................$725,000 per snap!

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
[/quote]
DavidSeven":3ckpk918 said:
Happypuppy":3ckpk918 said:
"

Good point which also brings up this better overall point: the real benefit of cutting now him is what you save in cap space in 2015 and beyond (when ET, Sherm, RW become FAs).

But if he's injurred, isn't next years' money guaranteed if he's cut while injured? I think I've read that elsewhere (from another member - not a source) so if you go that route, they said it would be better to wait until he gets healthy - then cut him.

13thMan

Reaction score
I hated the move then, and I hate the move now... Harvin is a bum.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
13thMan":2c16gl5u said:
I hated the move then, and I hate the move now... Harvin is a bum.
I loved it at the time - not sure how you could hate it unless you were one of those "harvin hates to practice guys"

I was uber dissappointed with the trade once they found out he had a partial tear in his hip labrum.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":1woiq3yi said:
DavidSeven":1woiq3yi said:
Happypuppy":1woiq3yi said:
"

But if he's injurred, isn't next years' money guaranteed? I think I've read that elsewhere (from another member - not a source) so if you go that route, they said it would be better to wait until he gets healthy - then cut him.

Depends on what his contract says. He might not be considered "injured" unless he's on IR. Thus, if he gets put on IR, his money is guaranteed next year. But if you just cut him instead, it might not be. Again, all depends on how his contract defines injury. Could be based on his status on injury reports or a medical exam for all I know.

A

Anonymous

Sure hope he's enjoying all the money he fleeced out of the Hawks. What a colossal failure of a trade. If he comes back and can play next year (if this IR rumor turns out to come true) I hope he plays well enough to earn this year's salary and next.

Brahn

Reaction score
Largefarva":38c5mujy said:
Sure hope he's enjoying all the money he fleeced out of the Hawks. What a colossal failure of a trade. If he comes back and can play next year (if this IR rumor turns out to come true) I hope he plays well enough to earn this year's salary and next.

He sure fleeced us, I mean with the money we gave him this season we could easily signed no one of significance instead.

But I am sure our #1 pick would of been an All Pro.

Risk Reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.