Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't like that Pete and John made such a massive injury gamble as this RIGHT on the threshold of both our first possible Super Bowl season and a massive round of crucial cap negotiations.

Jville

Reaction score
LOL

It didn't take any time at all to eat up cap surplus and risk future flexibility after John Idzik left for New York.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bigcc":hbzyy2js said:
to be fair him choosing the surgery was by no means a "Selfish" move or ploy to miss the season..... he saw the same doctor his good friend AP went to that fixed his ACL to 2000 yards

So are you suggesting the Hawks doctors, hired by the richest owner in the league to protect his investments, don't know what they're talking about?

I'd also read somewhere that Harvin also saw RG3's doc (Dr. Anders / Andrews / whatever) and he too felt Harvin could wait til the off-season for the surgery. So he went and found a surgeon that said he should not wait. Why heal in the off-season when you can heal on the clock...right?

If you have questions about Harvins incredible selfishness. I can only suggest you do what the few intelligent posters here have done: Research. Whether his is the story of the boy that cried wolf revisited, or not, we do know Harvin has made a career out of crying wolf...and being incredibly selfish.

Chapman

Reaction score
We need to quit trading/dealing with the Vikings.
Everything we get is broken Percy, TJack, Bevell.
Time for a better trade/free agent cycle.

Jville

Reaction score
Chapman":2ao86b1j said:

You left out Sidney. But you do have a point.

One would think that they would want to avoid ....... Loki ... the Norse God of Mischief.HidH4803827669139541w236h181c7rs1pid1

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DavidSeven":gi6x4g4e said:
Just as an FYI for everyone harping on the "severity" of his hip surgery and how that makes this a unique situation, these events almost mirror exactly with his ankle injury last year. Frazier kept expecting him back but he couldn't get it just "right." They eventually shut him down for half a season for an injury that was supposed to heal within a month. He went MIA from the locker room, sideline and team events... sort of like he is now. Some people wanted to blame it on his discontent with Ponder, but there were reports that he battled with the Vikings medical staff. Earlier this year, he ignored the Seattle staff's opinion that he could play with the hip issue. Instead, he went to New York, got a second opinion, and announced to the world that he was getting the surgery before even flying back to Seattle.

Look, I'm not going to condemn the guy just yet, and I'll still cheer hard for him if he gets back, but refusing to understand why people are unwilling to give him the benefit of the doubt is just as ignorant as anything else that is being said in this thread.
:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

HansGruber

Reaction score
Jville":2jktj8yx said:
Chapman":2jktj8yx said:

You left out Sidney. But you do have a point.

One would think that they would want to avoid ....... Loki ... the Norse God of Mischief.HidH4803827669139541w236h181c7rs1pid1

Off topic, but that actor is such a poor choice for Loki. BFS would have been much better suited if you wanted to maintain some historical accuracy. Loki had a beard and was a burly nasty drunk bastard. That actor looks like a pansy hipster folk singer doing a very poor imitation of Christopher Walken in his King of NY days. But with long hair. And not as badass

Uffda

Reaction score
Sad state of things at the moment alittle.

Anyone else feel that he'll get very healthy, right before the first playoff game ?

Will I

Reaction score
Uffda":3k5l7neo said:
Sad state of things at the moment alittle.

Anyone else feel that he'll get very healthy, right before the first playoff game ?

12-3, 1 home win away from #1 seed and home field advantage... Yup, pretty sad :sarcasm_off:

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HawkWow":t1vezyfh said:
bigcc":t1vezyfh said:
to be fair him choosing the surgery was by no means a "Selfish" move or ploy to miss the season..... he saw the same doctor his good friend AP went to that fixed his ACL to 2000 yards

So are you suggesting the Hawks doctors, hired by the richest owner in the league to protect his investments, don't know what they're talking about?

I'd also read somewhere that Harvin also saw RG3's doc (Dr. Anders / Andrews / whatever) and he too felt Harvin could wait til the off-season for the surgery. So he went and found a surgeon that said he should not wait. Why heal in the off-season when you can heal on the clock...right?

If you have questions about Harvins incredible selfishness. I can only suggest you do what the few intelligent posters here have done: Research. Whether his is the story of the boy that cried wolf revisited, or not, we do know Harvin has made a career out of crying wolf...and being incredibly selfish.

Easy for you to risk the career of another.

RiverDog

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2pbe5wna said:
I don't like that Pete and John made such a massive injury gamble as this RIGHT on the threshold of both our first possible Super Bowl season and a massive round of crucial cap negotiations.

Actually I was OK with that type of risk, even lauded PC and JS for having the balls to make such a trade. We were one player away from a SB and we desperately needed a break away WR threat. I just wished it wasn't with this guy.

The Radish

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":22fcq8vj said:

Ok now, no fair being "after the fact" expert. You're playing the hind sight card when I've seen you bash other people for doing the same thing.

:D

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":18svdcu8 said:
DavidSeven":18svdcu8 said:
Just as an FYI for everyone harping on the "severity" of his hip surgery and how that makes this a unique situation, these events almost mirror exactly with his ankle injury last year. Frazier kept expecting him back but he couldn't get it just "right." They eventually shut him down for half a season for an injury that was supposed to heal within a month. He went MIA from the locker room, sideline and team events... sort of like he is now. Some people wanted to blame it on his discontent with Ponder, but there were reports that he battled with the Vikings medical staff. Earlier this year, he ignored the Seattle staff's opinion that he could play with the hip issue. Instead, he went to New York, got a second opinion, and announced to the world that he was getting the surgery before even flying back to Seattle.

Look, I'm not going to condemn the guy just yet, and I'll still cheer hard for him if he gets back, but refusing to understand why people are unwilling to give him the benefit of the doubt is just as ignorant as anything else that is being said in this thread.
:th2thumbs: :th2thumbs: :th2thumbs:

He had a tear in his labrum did he not? That does require attention.

Throwdown

Reaction score
DavidSeven":30qhsf7y said:

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013 ... 18079101=0

Speaking to media after the game, Harvin said he had a tumor removed during the offseason; he did not elaborate. His appendectomy — the removal of the appendix — occurred last November when he was placed on Minnesota’s injured reserve, Harvin said.

So pretty much the tumor was the reason for the IR placement in Minnesota. Dudes had more stitches put in him than a friggin baseball! I just like how people love to speculate that he was put on IR because the team wanted nothing to do with him anymore when it was so far from the truth. Dude had some real medical concerns that were bigger than football, the NFL and the fans, and thankfully it was a benign tumor and nothing more.

Also ontop of going to get a second opinion after team doctors cleared him to play? Who in their right mind wouldn't get a second opinion? I don't care if they were the teams doctors, IMO you should always get a second opinion when it comes to a surgery like that.

But you know, it doesn't fit agendas of people to say 'OH I WAS RIGHT, I KNEW IT WAS A BAD DEAL" if they took off their granny shades and saw what really went on. Some people in this world just have a need to always feel like they were right. :229031_shrug:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
throwdown at this point it doesn't much matter why Percy isn't with the team. It only matters that Percy is not with the team... at all. I don’t doubt that he is truly hurt. He just doesn’t seem like a real part of the team yet though.
He can't even practice enough to be a possibility on game day. He is now and has been a 0 value to this organization. At this point It is becoming doubtful that he will ever become a contributor to this team. Unlike other injured personnel Percy has never contributed to this team in any real fashion so he has built up very little good will here. It would help if we saw him on the sidelines pulling for the team…even in street clothes. It would certainly help if we saw or heard of him sharing his experience and helping his teammates or dissecting film of opponents with his QB It would help if we witnessed him being a part of this team. He may be doing these things but we haven’t seen it. All we know is Percy showed up injured then left to deal with it. He returned for a few practices spread over a week or two and played a handful of plays in one game and then disappeared into the either again.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Can anyone really confirm he hasn't been on sideline? Just because we don't see him on the tv doesn't mean he isn't there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
From listening to Pete's Monday presser, I'm now convinced that Percy's done for the year. This was the first time Pete sounded irritated and frustrated with the weekly Harvin questions, as opposed to his normal vague and aloof manner.

Personally I don't understand why Harvin can't play hurt. If there truly is no structural issues, and it's purely a discomfort issue, then wtf?

Seeker

Reaction score
If I had bought that #11 jersey I'd be burning it right now.
worse than deon branch move.

Status
Not open for further replies.