Now's the time Percy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDHawk

Reaction score
BTW, his entire 2014 salary becomes guaranteed if he's "injured." I really don't want to believe this is playing a factor for Percy, but it's getting increasingly harder to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Could you explain this, please?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Exittium":30zflt9x said:
I'd rather see us cut/dump him. There still some money lost, but we also save alot as well I'd assume. Well at this point, he's nothing but a negative on the team. How has he helped? How has he contributed? How about the money eaten up by him, that we could have used to resign more key players? .. He's done imo. I've written him off and could careless about the dude. He's made of glass and is being treated as such.

The irony is that we can't cut him in 2014 if he's "injured." His entire salary is guaranteed for injury. If he came back healthy this year, it would actually be easier to cut him. In terms of financials security, Percy stands to gain something by drawing this out as long as possible. The FO also stands to gain (in terms of flexibility) by calling him on a bluff. Again, I hate to be a cynic and sincerely hope this isn't part of the issue, but just stating something that's being overlooked right now.

CANHawk

Reaction score
skater18000":1pexcv1w said:
Im convinced they're holding him out till the post season, meaning he will have the next 3 weeks to rest up that hip (but when the playoffs start, there's no doubt in my mind, he will play.)

We'll also have K.J Wright back.

We'll have Thurmond back sunday.

And don't forget, Thurmond is one helluva kick returner in his own right...

Will I

Reaction score
Exittium":11wwlkvd said:
I'd rather see us cut/dump him. There still some money lost, but we also save alot as well I'd assume. Well at this point, he's nothing but a negative on the team. How has he helped? How has he contributed? How about the money eaten up by him, that we could have used to resign more key players? .. He's done imo. I've written him off and could careless about the dude. He's made of glass and is being treated as such.

I'm glad

warden

Reaction score
I am sure glad the team does not quit on things as easily as fans do.

suppaball

Reaction score
Seahawkx":2xvky47g said:
Let's this pussy go home and enjoy his money. No respect for him. Will be funny when we get to the SB, he will say he is ready and try to take attention from all the rest of the guys who gave everything the whole season. Pete better tell him to go back home and wipe his a** with that money he stole from this team.
I agree for the most part he did steal from the team and needs to play or hit the road. With Keres and Tate getting booboos rice IDed we need him now wideouts couldn't catch a cold against AZ.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
SDHawk":1hc2nure said:
BTW, his entire 2014 salary becomes guaranteed if he's "injured." I really don't want to believe this is playing a factor for Percy, but it's getting increasingly harder to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Could you explain this, please?

Here's his contract details:

Harvin received a six-year, $67 million contract from the Seahawks. The deal contains $25.5 million in guarantees, which consists of a $12 million signing bonus, a fully guaranteed $2.5 million base salary in 2013 and an injury guaranteed $11 million base salary in 2014. His 2014 base salary will become fully guaranteed if he is on Seattle's roster on the fifth day of the 2014 waiver period (Feb. 7).

Let's assume Harvin was healthy but the Seahawks didn't like him for any non-injury reason (e.g. lack of skill, locker-room chemistry, etc.), they could cut him within 5-days of the Super Bowl. They would still have to take the dead-money hit on their cap, but they wouldn't have to pay him the money ($11 million).

If Harvin is still "injured" six weeks from now, Seattle doesn't have this option because all of his money becomes guaranteed. He may have to end the year on IR for this to happen, and this might be the reason the FO won't IR him. Could be a big game of "chicken"...

Exittium

Reaction score
Will I":3szjjq0s said:
Exittium":3szjjq0s said:

Gotta love the community here, dude brings nothing to the conversation, attacks and is unscathed. :th2thumbs:

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I would buy into the "holding on to Harvin for the playoffs" strategy if he was active during the games in case he is needed. This would be a sign to me that he could go in if necessary. Since he is inactive, there is no way.

Harvin's hip is a huge deal and every week he isn't practicing it just makes me believe that he won't play another game as a Seahawk. At this point, if he does it will be a miracle. We'll see how the front office deals with it in the off season.

Exittium

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2h71kstv said:
Exittium":2h71kstv said:

The irony is that we can't cut him in 2014 if he's "injured." His entire salary is guaranteed for injury. If he came back healthy this year, it would actually be easier to cut him. In terms of financials security, Percy stands to gain something by drawing this out as long as possible. The FO also stands to gain (in terms of flexibility) by calling him on a bluff. Again, I hate to be a cynic and sincerely hope this isn't part of the issue, but just stating something that's being overlooked right now.

So its slightly like a game of chicken.. cat and mouse or we just signed another poison pill like deal it seems.

PryorFamily

Reaction score
cacksman":3hhkj6bx said:
It's really odd that Percy has been out now 5 weeks and counting since returning against the Vikings. I am still definitely holding out hope that he will play in the playoffs. Carroll said last week that Percy could be playing against the Cardinals, the issue would be that they wouldn't be sure he could play the following week.

If they really thought Percy is done for the year, they would just IR him and get it over with. Not only would they be able to use the extra roster spot, but they could rip the band-aid off, so to speak, and stop the constant weekly speculation on Harvin's status.

I do think we will see him in the playoffs, which will hopefully be 3 weeks from now(If we get the first round bye).

This makes the most sense. No way they actually know right now that he's NOT playing again this season. They could be playing some gamesmanship here. Letting Harvin get as healthy as possible and then letting go full on in the playoffs.

Think about it. How would teams gameplan for him with absolutely no film on how he will be used?

At least......this is what I HOPE is going on with PH. Maybe they are just saving him. We win next week and PH or no PH we are the #1 seed.

HansGruber

Reaction score
I wanted to give Harvin the benefit of the doubt, but he didn't suffer any injury in the single game he has played. And he doesn't have any serious physical injury/damage, or that would be reported. Pete Carroll has openly stated that all x-rays have been clear, all tests have been good, but he is continuing to complain about pain.

All signs point to this being a muscle inflammation issue (if anything). That's why we have ibuprofen. I can't imagine a single guy in that locker room being happy with his choice to sit out and collect a paycheck while there are guys out there playing with real injuries.

This is not a new thing with Harvin. He pulled the same crap in Minnesota last season and that's why they let him walk. It's not a good sign when everyone in Minnesota's front office is laughing and high-fiving each other immediately after the trade, and it bothered me at the time.

So far, Harvin looks like the biggest failure of the Carroll and Schneider era. They paid a guy like a superstar who doesn't even want to play the game. Doesn't fit the team identity, and has been a known cancer his entire career. I know it was a luxury move, but it's going to hurt this offseason when you have $11m worth of dead cap and a bunch of contributors who need to get paid.

As for those telling the rest of us to wait and we'll see big things: that's not how this team is built and that's not how Carroll thinks. As Sherman said in an interview, "If you're not out there competing and being the best, don't let the door hit you on the way out." Percy Harvin doesn't even WANT to play. So cut him and move on.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I'm to the point where I expect he won't play at all this year.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the move to activate Thurmond is to put Harvin on IR.

HansGruber

Reaction score
PryorFamily":301olten said:
This makes the most sense. No way they actually know right now that he's NOT playing again this season. They could be playing some gamesmanship here. Letting Harvin get as healthy as possible and then letting go full on in the playoffs.

Think about it. How would teams gameplan for him with absolutely no film on how he will be used?

At least......this is what I HOPE is going on with PH. Maybe they are just saving him. We win next week and PH or no PH we are the #1 seed.

Pete Caroll was asked about this by 710ESPN and said it was dumb, that no head coach would ever pull punches to win a later game. It's all about winning right now.

The reason Percy Harvin isn't playing is because he doesn't want to, not because Pete is trying to use him a surprise weapon.

cacksman

Reaction score
HansGruber":33nqtqj0 said:
I wanted to give Harvin the benefit of the doubt, but he didn't suffer any injury in the single game he has played. And he doesn't have any serious physical injury/damage, or that would be reported. Pete Carroll has openly stated that all x-rays have been clear, all tests have been good, but he is continuing to complain about pain.

All signs point to this being a muscle inflammation issue (if anything). That's why we have ibuprofen. I can't imagine a single guy in that locker room being happy with his choice to sit out and collect a paycheck while there are guys out there playing with real injuries.

This is not a new thing with Harvin. He pulled the same crap in Minnesota last season and that's why they let him walk. It's not a good sign when everyone in Minnesota's front office is laughing and high-fiving each other immediately after the trade, and it bothered me at the time.

So far, Harvin looks like the biggest failure of the Carroll and Schneider era. They paid a guy like a superstar who doesn't even want to play the game. Doesn't fit the team identity, and has been a known cancer his entire career. I know it was a luxury move, but it's going to hurt this offseason when you have $11m worth of dead cap and a bunch of contributors who need to get paid.

As for those telling the rest of us to wait and we'll see big things: that's not how this team is built and that's not how Carroll thinks. As Sherman said in an interview, "If you're not out there competing and being the best, don't let the door hit you on the way out." Percy Harvin doesn't even WANT to play. So cut him and move on.

:1:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Come on 12s..It's not like harvin just had a minor injury..He obviously doesn't feel good enough yet so he could be rehabbing for the playoffs ..I don't know but being a little positive cannot hurt..What good is it to dwell on something that hasn't been decided yet?He isn't on IR and nothing Pete has said points to that..We lose 2 very close games to 2 very tough teams that we have already beaten and all hell breaks loose..WE WILL BE FINE!!!! GO HAWKS!!!

Seeker

Reaction score
Hip Surgeory he "second opinioned" himself into getting 2 days after signing his new contract.
He got his money.
he don't say nothing on twitter no more.
he has checked out

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Basis4day":23e6u4ro said:
Many posters seem to have reached the false conclusion that it is 100% Percy's decision whether he practices or not.
It's an educated guess based on the limited info PC has disclosed. Pete said it was a question of playing with pain. If there is more to this the office is keeping it to them selves but based on what we know has occurred there is a good bet he is done.

Will I

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2onwa1nj said:
Come on 12s..It's not like harvin just had a minor injury..He obviously doesn't feel good enough yet so he could be rehabbing for the playoffs ..I don't know but being a little positive cannot hurt..What good is it to dwell on something that hasn't been decided yet?He isn't on IR and nothing Pete has said points to that..We lose 2 very close games to 2 very tough teams that we have already beaten and all hell breaks loose..WE WILL BE FINE!!!! GO HAWKS!!!

Hater's gonna hate Indy... F'em!

Status
Not open for further replies.