Non X's and O's Casual First Preseason Game Observations

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2o0b5j30 said:
One thing that struck me about the first drive with the first string O vs the rest of the game was that the first drive WR routes all seemed to be 'run out to an open spot in the zone coverage, turn around, and wait for the ball' where most of the rest of our passes seemed to be the more normal (to me) 'hit 'em on the run' type routes. Was that real, or did it seem like that because the camera wasn't following the (covered) WRs on go routes and RW was finding the open guys in the zone, or what? Maybe it was just a mistaken impression on my part? Maybe all our pass plays have both and the backup QBs weren't finding open people sitting in the zones? I didn't record the game so I can't go back and look at this for myself. (Besides, if I did record it I'd probably just fast-forward to Dickson's punts... :mrgreen: )

Ok...something to look for....Dicksons punts.....I did record it and am finally watching the second half. Had to get wood for the winter this weekend and finally got a break to watch it. I am about 3 mins from the end of the game. Working on the property before winter sets in comes first.

As far as watching the routes and such, I wonder if they are trying to max out the All 22 again so we only see what they want us to see and want more. I dont know. It is a billion dollar bidness and they want mo mo mo....mo mo mo...

[youtube]yYYSyvE_iEw[/youtube]