Nice interview of Clint Hurtt

toffee

Reaction score
I haven't heard calls for this guy to be fired for the last six games, not even from fade lol, guess he is doing something right. Here a post Leonard Williams trade interview by KJ. Enjoy!

morgulon1

Reaction score
I was just getting ready to post this interview. Thanks

1. IMHO this is the best Seahawks podcast. KJ has a nice unique style that lets the person bring interviewed breathe. Great questions.

2. I really don't know shit about football.
There is so much we don't have the privilege of being around to hear.

Ex: I have been so critical of Hurtt in the past. It was a knee jerk reaction due to the defense struggling . The easy thing for me is to just say "Hurtt sucks" . Or
"Player A sucks".

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Ex: I have been so critical of Hurtt in the past. It was a knee jerk reaction due to the defense struggling . The easy thing for me is to just say "Hurtt sucks" . Or
"Player A sucks".
The human existence. When void of real facts and information, human nature creates "easy perceptions" to fill the gap. I'm right there with ya.

Jville

Reaction score
Outstanding interview. Best one of the 2023 campaign.

Four take a ways ..................

State of mind: Care about others.

Purpose: Be a servant in being helpful to others. Want to see those around me be successful.

Rule: Never Lie.

Role Model: Father was a service man. Clint must be his father's legacy.

Priority: Family is #1.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
He communicated well, not someone uses two "you know" and three "like" in every sentences. Not sure about his XO, but quite a likeable dude, don't you think?

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
He communicated well, not someone uses two "you know" and three "like" in every sentences. Not sure about his XO, but quite a likeable dude, don't you think?
Highly likeable and I thought when he was talking about Bobby being an extension of the coaching staff, he got into a little bit of how dynamics flow from him to the D duing a game. He's an articulate dude.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Highly likeable and I thought when he was talking about Bobby being an extension of the coaching staff, he got into a little bit of how dynamics flow from him to the D duing a game. He's an articulate dude.
He's likeable, confident, and communicate well. If he is up on XO, he will have a long career in NFL. Defense performance wise, this year is better than last, without the watchful eyes and tutorage of one Sean Desai.

On that note, Eagle's defense was #1 in 2022, PFF gave graded them 85.8, lol, this year with Jalen Carter and Sean Desai, Eagles are so far dropped from #1 to #9 with 73.6. On coverage, '23 Eagle was #23 at 62.1, '22? #5 at 82.1. Ouch.

For whatever PFF's subjective grading is worth, after 7/8 games, Seahawks' defense is #7 at 77, ahead of the Eagles at #9, with two of our stars just came back from injury, Woolen and Jamal.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

Last edited:

sc85sis

Reaction score
He's likeable, confident, and communicate well. If he is up on XO, he will have a long career in NFL. Defense performance wise, this year is better than last, without the watchful eyes and tutorage of one Sean Desai.

On that note, Eagle's defense was #1 in 2022, PFF gave graded them 85.8, lol, this year with Jalen Carter and Sean Desai, Eagles are so far dropped from #1 to #9 with 73.6. On coverage, '23 Eagle was #23 at 62.1, '22? #5 at 82.1. Ouch.

For whatever PFF's subjective grading is worth, after 7/8 games, Seahawks' defense is #7 at 77, ahead of the Eagles at #9, with two of our stars just came back from injury, Woolen and Jamal.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?
That we overhauled the D line, signed some key free agents, drafted more talented rookies, and got Bobby back, and now our defense is a lot better?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
That we overhauled the D line, signed some key free agents, drafted more talented rookies, and got Bobby back, and now our defense is a lot better?
True!

Can you also explain regression of Eagles' defense?

sc85sis

Reaction score
True!

Don’t follow other teams, so no. I realize the implication here is that it’s because of Desai, but I don’t know that you can make that assumption with the number of factors that come into play during a season.

cymatica

Reaction score
The human existence. When void of real facts and information, human nature creates "easy perceptions" to fill the gap. I'm right there with ya.
Politics and media summed up

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
One of the best interviews re: Seahawks in quite some time, for my money. Really insightful!

I was VERY vocal about Hurtt and *his defense over the last season and early this year. I am more than delighted to eat this giant bowl of crow gumbo, though. I see that he's quite capable of fielding a stellar unit with a squad of DAWGS now that he has a full compliment of stars at all of the key positions and is seemingly utilizing them to the best of their strengths and abilities.

Here's to continued growth and good fortune in regards to health and other uncontrollable circumstances! 🍻

*Pete, too

BASF

Reaction score
True!

Much like the Rams know how to make our defense look mediocre, the Commanders play the Eagles like they have a high school defense. Two games against that kind of opponent can drop your numbers. And of course Kirk Cousins ran them around the field.

seabowl

Reaction score
Loads of talent and average play at best