New poster long time lurker

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
First I would like to say I appreciate this site. Being out of state, it gives me great insight into the Hawks and what people are thinking. I’ve been on this site for several years, until the change of needing to be a member. I’ve been a hawks fan since 76 and used to have tickets at the dome and attended many Cheney camps.

I have an observation on this years offense. I was excited to see this new offense and the scheme it brings. I’m a fan of Wilson, but I don’t see him and his ego buying into the type of throws this system requires. That brings me to Geno. I was pleasantly surprised how he adapted and I noticed the quick passes and utilization of the TE and RB, which is a staple of this scheme. Was this Geno or the fact the Rams were playing deep, time will tell. I sure hope Wilson took some notes from Geno, there are times to look deep, but not every pass attempt that Wilson seems to do.

Thanks again and I’ll continue to appreciate comments, weather or not I agree with them all, we all have a voice.

Jville

Reaction score
The sudden interest in tight ends got my attention. The next couple of weeks should prove instructive. They have a week and a half to modify and build the offense around Geno.

Thanks for posting and sharing your thoughts. :2thumbs:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Good group here, and it’s always great to talk Seahawks football. My buddies and I said the same thing during the game about Dissley’s catch and the check downs. Loved the decision making by Geno. Very interested to see the next few weeks. I think the OL will miraculously look very good, which might be telling. Cheers!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Welcome

Geno brings the dink and dunk ball to the table and will have fans salivating for a week or two until defenses figure him out and then it'll be back to yearning for Russ again. It'll be a mirage of fools gold that'll have fans tricked for a little while so be ready for that. Trust me, Geno Smith will not be sustainable.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1wima6ct said:
Welcome

Geno brings the dink and dunk ball to the table and will have fans salivating for a week or two until defenses figure him out and then it'll be back to yearning for Russ again. It'll be a mirage of fools gold that'll have fans tricked for a little while so be ready for that. Trust me, Geno Smith will not be sustainable.

All he has to do is keep the team in it until Russ gets back... He knows the system he has the talent..lets see what he can do... lets not kill him until he has a chance to prove himself...

You dont want the Hawks to win... because your so invested in your negative out look that your scared to death to be wrong the hawks could have a SB win and you would still find some issue to tear them down...

LTH

John63

Reaction score
SparksHawk":3uv1zqy6 said:
First I would like to say I appreciate this site. Being out of state, it gives me great insight into the Hawks and what people are thinking. I’ve been on this site for several years, until the change of needing to be a member. I’ve been a hawks fan since 76 and used to have tickets at the dome and attended many Cheney camps.

I have an observation on this years offense. I was excited to see this new offense and the scheme it brings. I’m a fan of Wilson, but I don’t see him and his ego buying into the type of throws this system requires. That brings me to Geno. I was pleasantly surprised how he adapted and I noticed the quick passes and utilization of the TE and RB, which is a staple of this scheme. Was this Geno or the fact the Rams were playing deep, time will tell. I sure hope Wilson took some notes from Geno, there are times to look deep, but not every pass attempt that Wilson seems to do.

Thanks again and I’ll continue to appreciate comments, weather or not I agree with them all, we all have a voice.

First welcome aboard. 2nd there is a thread with links and pictures showing Wilson's throwing chart this year. U should look at it. U will find they show alot of short passes like u saw geno throw. The difference is they were not against a defense with a 2 score lead playing keep everything in front of them. Also geno completed under 60% of his passes Wilson over 70.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":ly44qzf1 said:
You dont want the Hawks to win... because your so invested in your negative out look that your scared to death to be wrong the hawks could have a SB win and you would still find some issue to tear them down...

LTH

Lol. Its always rainbows and unicorn farts with you no matter what the Seahawks do. Any criticism sends you over the edge. I've watched this team for years and recognized the issues that you still wont admit to for some reason. Now your on the 'Geno Smith will be the savior' bandwagon. I'll set you straight once again and tell you Geno will quickly remind you why he's nothing but a perennial backup in this league. Might take a game or two but its coming make no mistake about that.