NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
chris98251":hdleg43g said:
I think an expansion team would be better, Sac can keep their history intact, we take ours back prior to the Thunder move. We end up bringing in fresh faces, we get an expansion draft I hope and a slotted lotto pick.

That stuff is going to happen anyway, Sacramento will keep their history, and the history they stole from KC/Omaha/and where ever the hell else that franchise has been.

Anyway

I hope that if we get the Kings, that they just tear it down PC & JS style where everyones for sale, just one big ass fire sale. That team needs to be gutted, as much as I like Evans, he's not staying on a crappy team, and Cousins could carry a very nice price tag.

First things first though, the draft I'll be hoping for Burke, Oladipo, Smart, or Porter

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would rather just focusing and getting a team, we aren't there yet people. Lots of twist and turns still ahead of us.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3gnnbhyc said:
I would rather just focusing and getting a team, we aren't there yet people. Lots of twist and turns still ahead of us.

Only if you believe the lies out of Sacramento.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":16xvojyw said:
Blitzer88":16xvojyw said:

Only if you believe the lies out of Sacramento.

Or believe that Stern is evil.......

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The bidding war sure turned out to be wonderful for the Maloofs. You'd almost think they orchestrated it with the demand to get an offer in writing from the Sac group. ;)

The Outfield

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":185hflb9 said:
The bidding war sure turned out to be wonderful for the Maloofs. You'd almost think they orchestrated it with the demand to get an offer in writing from the Sac group. ;)

Pretty sure they did. They claimed they'd accept the same offer from Sacramento so that HBN would feel the pressure to up their offer. They also gained the additional bonus of looking a little bit less evil in the eyes of Sacramento.

It's aggravating, but hopefully the "bidding war" will end here so that the Maloofs don't benefit any more.

OP
OP
grizbob

grizbob

Reaction score
Just like a Super Bowl win, I hope to live long enough to see it :180670:

pinksheets

Reaction score
The Outfield":2b0rfe7b said:
Lords of Scythia":2b0rfe7b said:

Pretty sure they did. They claimed they'd accept the same offer from Sacramento so that HBN would feel the pressure to up their offer. They also gained the additional bonus of looking a little bit less evil in the eyes of Sacramento.

It's aggravating, but hopefully the "bidding war" will end here so that the Maloofs don't benefit any more.
I stand by my belief that the Maloof "put or shut up, come match and put your name on the dotted line" statement was done, if not by the direction of, with the full consent of Hansen. I also believe the $25m increase in valuation isn't a responsive move, but more or less a preemptive one. We are in the final stretch and Hansen basically fired a huge shot (and keep in mind he is under a gag order so his PR moves are limited) that made the statement that the Seattle group was going to outpay Sacramento no matter what. That trying to go dollar for dollar with this group is not going to be a successful strategy for Sac. He also showed "Maloofs told Sac to put money in the game, they didn't, I put even more." That's a big statement reaffirming that one side is invested and the other has just been talking about the idea of possibly considering toying with the thought of potentially maybe putting some money down if the right conditions arise, perhaps.

Throwdown

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":13fnvnbg said:
While we're at it we can get you the "Thunder Fan" moniker

I'll just let this slide because we know you mad, bro ;)

The Thunder don't bother me as much anymore, I just don't want them claiming what happened here. On top of that, I'm kind of a big ass fan of Ibaka.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blitzer88":1y1gn390 said:
Throwdown":1y1gn390 said:
Is there anyway to petition the mods for Blitzer to get the moniker of ".NET Worry Wart"?

NO, I would prefer .Net Madden God though lol.

You'd be that if you didn't keep duckin me on the xbox, sucka!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Throwdown":1uge410x said:
Blitzer88":1uge410x said:
Throwdown":1uge410x said:
Is there anyway to petition the mods for Blitzer to get the moniker of ".NET Worry Wart"?

NO, I would prefer .Net Madden God though lol.

You'd be that if you didn't keep duckin me on the xbox, sucka!

Oh ok........say whatever makes you sleep at night :mrgreen:

The Outfield

Reaction score
It's too entertaining to read Sonics Rising and then read Sactown Royalty. Each site puts their own spin on the news and the commenters from both sides agree :snack:

But I do think that Sactown puts more of an obvious spin/bias into the news.

Msfann

Reaction score
I think part of the reason for that deadline was so that they could show that sacramento did get a chance to buy the team, we hear a lot from that side saying that for a couple of years that the Maloofs refused any local offers for the team and had looked outside of sacramento instead. That fact always scared me a little bit.

Now sarcamento clearly got a chance and didn't put up a bid that competes with the Seattle offer and I think that was a HUGE mistake that was caused by them not having their crap in order in time.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I don't think they have the money to match or the desire to pay that much for a team in Sacramento, that's the biggest problem. If the Maloofs say "match it and put it in writing" and you know you can't and won't match, it's better to act like you're going a different direction than conceding where you're at financially. They're hoping the NBA will reject Seattle and push the Maloofs towards a smaller offer that reflects a small market with no hope of a big TV deal and lots of low ranking economic indicators. These guys might be disorganized a bit in Sac, but I don't think they're stupid.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
What is what with this report from someone in Sacramento that Stern already has 5 owners ready to vote no and at the drop of a hat could call others and get 5 more? I hate Stern!

Status
Not open for further replies.