NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I could understand if it was a 24 month turnaround but the nba is going to have to jump on it quick. I support chris Hansen and think he will get it back. Just hoping sooner rather then later. Also I believe Calabro he is really tuned into the league and has a lot of friends after all the years of service.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Throwdown":o6yg8dne said:
Why's the NBA gonna have to jump on it quick?
Because our Space Needle is hard and ready. If it lasts longer than 24 months we need to seek medical attention.

JOz56

Reaction score
pinksheets":4eaetizg said:
Throwdown":4eaetizg said:
Why's the NBA gonna have to jump on it quick?
Because our Space Needle is hard and ready. If it lasts longer than 24 months we need to seek medical attention.

+1, would read again.

As long as it's guaranteed and within the next couple of years, I would be perfectly fine with that. I could wait if they were indeed coming home.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Just thinking, if they guarantee it now, that arena would be done by the time the team comes into existence.

JOz56

Reaction score
Throwdown":2uatzkx3 said:
Just thinking, if they guarantee it now, that arena would be done by the time the team comes into existence.

Watch, as soon as the EIS is done it's announced we get an expansion team.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Throwdown":74mkgv3h said:
I'm willing to be there won't be any sort of guarantee until we're through the EIS process. The NBA will say something once the only thing keeping shovels from the ground is the NBA.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Isn't there supposed to be a competative bidding process for expansion teams? I think we all know who'd win that, but just sayin--would they just annoint Seattle?

JOz56

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":2pemcn6h said:
Isn't there supposed to be a competative bidding process for expansion teams? I think we all know who'd win that, but just sayin--would they just annoint Seattle?

Supposedly. Given how the NBA has acted though, I wouldn't doubt that they fast tracked something just to favor a city.

JOz56

Reaction score
pinksheets":2fnu03ex said:
Throwdown":2fnu03ex said:
I'm willing to be there won't be any sort of guarantee until we're through the EIS process. The NBA will say something once the only thing keeping shovels from the ground is the NBA.

That's my bet as well. Why bother granting expansion and announcing it right away when the process isn't done yet. When the EIS is all cleaned up and taken care of, and the City/County Councils have their vote for approval, we will probably see something shortly after. I know we all wanted the Kings, but quite honestly expansion was my preferred route.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I highly doubt the NBA will expand. The more I think about it and read about the situation, I think it's Milwaukee or Charlotte. Neither of those two cities comes close the support Sac showed for the Kings. Plus there were rumors that Sea had the necessary votes going into the final vote but Stern twisted every arm he could and cashed in favors. Silver does NOT have that kind of clout with owners if he wanted to keep the NBA out of Seattle. BUT Silver, from everything said about him, is huge into having the NBA in the strongest markets possible. I don't think he wants to dilute his product by expanding only to have some of the absolute weakest markets fail and not get new arenas.

IMO Hansen's last statement said it clearly, and I think they go after a current team. I don't think they are even thinking or hoping expansion, nor should they. I think expansion is such a long shot. The Sonics will only return through relocation, IMO.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":1yhly9jj said:

I'm not sure about that but didn't they just give Charlotte a team when they lost their team? Expansion doesn't make sense in the bigger picture unless you add 2 cities. Just adding one creates an unbalance in conferences (one would have more than the other) plus decreases the amount of money each team receives. I think that is the sticking issue, Seattle wants a team but what other city has stepped forward for a team? If there were 2 cities looking for teams then I don't think expansion would be as big issue. I'm surprised that Kansas City or St. Louis hasn't made a push for a NBA team. Both cities had a team before and lost them.

Subzero717

Reaction score
hawkfan68":37j4tkxy said:
Lords of Scythia":37j4tkxy said:

I'm not sure about that but didn't they just give Charlotte a team when they lost their team? Expansion doesn't make sense in the bigger picture unless you add 2 cities. Just adding one creates an unbalance in conferences (one would have more than the other) plus decreases the amount of money each team receives. I think that is the sticking issue, Seattle wants a team but what other city has stepped forward for a team? If there were 2 cities looking for teams then I don't think expansion would be as big issue. I'm surprised that Kansas City or St. Louis hasn't made a push for a NBA team. Both cities had a team before and lost them.

I'm on board you need to to make it work. KC and St Louis obviously haven't pushed for a team or they'd have one. I just think the league is watered down enough.

pinksheets

Reaction score
It takes a bold man to decide to be a huge villain to his home community. Do you think Kohl and Jordan have the audacity to make themselves into a Maloof or Schultz? I think the only way either does that is if they've seriously exhausted all options, which will be years from now, and they may even sell local first and let that owner be the one to sell them off for relocation. Selling to Hansen is a villainous act on its face for any existing owner, because they've literally just sold the team out of town. It's a good way to destroy your reputation, which is why I think it'd take years for every other option to be tried so they can give themselves some cover. I think certainly not within the next couple of years.

pehawk

Reaction score
I would be uncomfortable swiping the Bucks, honestly. Yeah, it's not a successful franchise, but it's a tenured one, IMO. Who didn't love Terry Cummings (Top Cat!), Glenn Robinson (Big Dog), Michael Redd, or even the greatest Buck ever, Flip Murray?

C'mon, man, taking the Bucks is plain WRONG.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":g6q51bmp said:
I've never been to Milwaukee, I'd be ok with it.

That is because the citizens of Sacramento are so broke cannot even afford to stand in the unemployment line.

drdiags

Reaction score
I can see why the Clippers would want to stay in the LA Market, but that would have to be a team that could consider selling to Hansen and not have a ton of blow-back. Don't know if the current Sterling is the same Donald Sterling who was a brunt of jokes on how badly he ran that team.

Since they share the Forum, it wouldn't be because of a building that they were leaving. Just some idle thoughts in my pea-brain.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pehawk":1v2oo5d1 said:
I would be uncomfortable swiping the Bucks, honestly. Yeah, it's not a successful franchise, but it's a tenured one, IMO. Who didn't love Terry Cummings (Top Cat!), Glenn Robinson (Big Dog), Michael Redd, or even the greatest Buck ever, Flip Murray?

C'mon, man, taking the Bucks is plain WRONG.
Can't forget Ray Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.