NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Sacramento is a garbage dump with the lowest attendance in the league.

The Maloofs are not going to sell to Ranadive and your arena deal is going to fall apart.

Your city is a joke and a failure much like yourself.

It's too bad that some REAL fans like us didn't get your basketball team, but David Stern is a terrible businessman

Spounge84

Reaction score
TheIllusiveMan":2vz1lzkc said:
Please. Seattle is supposedly a world class city but loses franchise to Sacramento and Oklahoma City, that says a lot about your mediocre market.

And LA lost the Seahawks to Seattle so that must mean it's an even worse market than Seattle, or did you conveniently forget that?

TheIllusiveMan

Reaction score
Truth hurts suckers. I'll leave you girls to drown in your misery up in the suicide capitol. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy this lovely California weather with my teams bringing home titles. Something you won't have to worry about anytime soon. Sucks to be you! Peace!

I don't think LA ever wanted the Seahawks. Why would LA want a mediocre franchise with Seattle's aura wrapped around it? No thanks.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheIllusiveMan":2glprzfr said:
Truth hurts suckers. I'll leave you girls to drown in your misery up in the suicide capitol. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy this lovely California weather with my teams bringing home titles. Something you won't have to worry about anytime soon. Sucks to be you! Peace!

I don't think LA ever wanted the Seahawks. Why would LA want a mediocre franchise with Seattle's aura wrapped around it? No thanks.
Wait, so your just a "California sports fan"? Huh... :th2thumbs: :?:

Spounge84

Reaction score
You wouldn't know truth even if it beat you in the head with a rusty pipe, which is exactly what I'm sure happened to you as a child.

TheIllusiveMan

Reaction score
Aww man. Seeing you little cup cakes get your hopes up only to get squashed was comedy gold. Seeing you throw your little fits like 5 year olds for not getting the toy you wanted and trashing it afterwards is freaking classic. Keep me entertained with your misery!

Spounge84

Reaction score
TheIllusiveMan":2zm9bi25 said:
Aww man. Seeing you little cup cakes get your hopes up only to get squashed was comedy gold. Seeing you throw your little fits like 5 year olds for not getting the toy you wanted and trashing it afterwards is freaking classic. Keep me entertained with your misery!

You think this is misery? Just wait until the Kings finally leave when the city can't afford to pay for the arena and the state can't afford to bail them out. Then you will know misery.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lol I found it funny that he himself had to put shots fired like the what he was said was some hot scalding shit talk

Hawkspur

Reaction score
TheIllusiveMan":2ml4blw8 said:
Hello there Seattle.

How are you today? I'm sure you know by now and oh boy do your tears taste delicious. A little too salty though. I can see why, not only did you get chosen over by a superior market, but you have that constantly depressing weather up there to go along with the aura of mediocrity known as the city of Seattle. A town full of nothing but failure. So sad. Clearly the NBA sees the far superior value in California over Washington. California is superior in every possible category, and it isn't even remotely close. There's also the fact that we constantly dominate you in sports year after year. I'd be angry too.

Support your other teams so the same doesn't happen again. The saying is so true, silence is golden isn't it?

Suck it sore losers!

Shots fired.

Cool story, bro.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Still can't get over this cornball having to validate himself

"Shots fired"

Lawd that's hilarious

Throwdown

Reaction score
I'm just gonna leave this here, I put this in a PM to another poster who's in freak out mode. Some might not want to read or hear it, but I"m posting it anyway because this thing isn't over, Seattle will get an NBA franchise.

I look at it differently, you didn't see they started their TV deal talks already? The NBA wants us back, its just Sacramento did enough, fair enough for me. I personally like that, it means the NBA has learned from its **** ups in Seattle & Vancouver and now incumbent cities now get a fair shake, I think us in Seattle just now learned how the NBA works with things like this NOW.

Stern will always be the villain here, and its because of the way things went down from 2006-08, and I think he's fine with that. But this new commissioner in waiting, Adam Silver sounds like he wants to be the guy to bring the NBA back to Seattle and be Seattle's hero along side Hansen and the gang (IMO).

Don't give up just cuz we took an L, bro! Our day is coming, and I personally believe its coming later this year when the the TV negotiations are complete. They aren't going into these negotiations without Seattle in them, believe that! TV Negotiations are just the first step to bringing about expansion.

inb4 Blitzer's says his usually "I DON'T KNOW MANNN" stuff.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Throwdown":2fhru73c said:
I'm just gonna leave this here, I put this in a PM to another poster who's in freak out mode. Some might not want to read or hear it, but I"m posting it anyway because this thing isn't over, Seattle will get an NBA franchise.

I look at it differently, you didn't see they started their TV deal talks already? The NBA wants us back, its just Sacramento did enough, fair enough for me. I personally like that, it means the NBA has learned from its **** ups in Seattle & Vancouver and now incumbent cities now get a fair shake, I think us in Seattle just now learned how the NBA works with things like this NOW.

Stern will always be the villain here, and its because of the way things went down from 2006-08, and I think he's fine with that. But this new commissioner in waiting, Adam Silver sounds like he wants to be the guy to bring the NBA back to Seattle and be Seattle's hero along side Hansen and the gang (IMO).

Don't give up just cuz we took an L, bro! Our day is coming, and I personally believe its coming later this year when the the TV negotiations are complete. They aren't going into these negotiations without Seattle in them, believe that! TV Negotiations are just the first step to bringing about expansion.

inb4 Blitzer's says his usually "I DON'T KNOW MANNN" stuff.
I am 100% with you throw. I'm not ready to throw in the towel. We're just getting started IMO. Stern pissed me off with his OKC jab, but later in his PC, it sounded like he was carefully dancing around the thought of expansion and the impending TV talks. What this tells me is Stern and Silver sees the $ signs in Seattle and want to hammer out this new TV deal ASAP so expansion can finally be on the table. Hansen's comments also lead me to believe there is something in the works behind the scenes. Just gotta be patient cuz this thing is far from over

drdiags

Reaction score
I can see Hansen/Ballmer and the NBA considering expansion in a few years, once the TV deal is known. Hopefully no local politicians are put in power who tries to gut the MOU, which supposedly requires both the city and county to rescind it. Short term, I guess Hansen continues with the things required to begin construction, without actually starting construction.

I am not sure the NBA approves his minority limited partner 20% share of the Kings. Unless the Sac group is on board with that. I am thinking the Maloofs and the Sac Group come to an agreement to sell before the weekend is over. I don't see the Maloofs retaining ownership as they are over a barrel and have no lifelines to play.

Salamander condolences post reminds me of the SonicsRising post to the Sac fans when the Hansen deal was announced. To the Victor goes the spoils. People are not going to let Sonics fans lick their wounds. Blazers, Kings and Thunder fan(s) are getting some pleasure from this display of pain.

I blame this entire mess on Blitz88. j/k big guy.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I agree with Throwdown and others. Frankly, I prefer the idea of expansion over taking another city's team, but I would rather have the Kings than nothing. My ideal scenario yesterday would've been 'no' on the Kings but an immediate expansion. The only attachment I have to getting the Kings specifically, other than that by all rights Hansen and Ballmer SHOULD have been able to purchase the Kings the same way our Sonics got stolen, was that IT is on that team and that would've been a great story.

I think Stern has his own private feelings about Seattle, but I'm not convinced "the NBA" does. I think when expansion comes up, we'll get one of the two (I agree that it's likely to be two) teams, and people will be excited about the new arena, the new team, and the potential of getting an NHL team. It's just going to come later than it should have.

I'm happy for Sacramento. It's nice that they don't have to feel what we felt. But I'd still rather have had them be the ones to suffer this time around, rather than Seattle twice in a row.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I'm kind of numb at this point... the Stern jab at us stung a bit though.

But this whole roller coaster ride, after awhile I just shut it down.

Throwdown

Reaction score
But guys, we got a Super Bowl to win! No time to sulk!!! HBN will continue to do the work to bring the NBA back, there's no need to worry about this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts