NBA investigates Clippers owner Donald Sterling for racism

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

TMZ reports that the NBA will suspend Donald Sterling indefinitely and fine him $5 million. He won't be forced to sell team.

Incredibly lame. Punishment needs to be more severe. What's 5M to a guy that is worth/has 1.9B...and like suspending him does anything, now he gets to continue to sit back and collect the $$ from the playoffs.

Throwdown

Reaction score
A suspension and a $5 million fine...

NBA screwed up royally, the owners needed to take a strong stance, and that just seems like a slap on the wrist.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Silver just said he is banned for life. :shock:

And fine is 2.5m instead of 5m.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Lifetime ban with pretty much anything associated with the Clippers/NBA+ 2.5m fine (max amount they can fine him).

Also urging board of governers to force him to sell of team!! Owners can 3/4 vote to remove his ownership.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Msfann

Reaction score
POW! As much as I hate the nba I'll give them credit for nailing this moron. Nice job new commish!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
dontbelikethat":84hhihg0 said:
Cmon Mr. Hansen, let's get the ball rolling.

Not going to happen.

Hansen should have been dishonest about his plans. Everyone knows he wants to move the team to Seattle, and the NBA won't want to move a team from L.A.

Magic Johnson is probably it, I would guess, unless there is some rule against his partial ownership of the Dodgers and he doesn't want to relinquish that ownership.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Paul Allen owns 2 teams, I don't see why Magic would not be allowed, however magic does not have the assets himself to buy the team

SeatownJay

Reaction score
m0ng0":1p1psruc said:
Paul Allen owns 2 teams, I don't see why Magic would not be allowed, however magic does not have the assets himself to buy the team
It's L.A. I'm sure Magic would have no problem finding some partners with enough money to buy the Clippers.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Among those groups, Magic Johnson and Guggenheim Partners will be front-and-center in pursuit of the Clippers.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Several groups with desire to purchase Clippers are already stepping forward, with a bidding war expected to exceed $1 billion for Clippers.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Silver looks to me like the anti-Stern while watching this press conference. Dude gives short, direct and to the point answers. You can tell he's pissed. Sterling IS going to be forced to sell his team IMO (and rightly so of course). It will take a 3/4 vote of the owners to force him to sell. If these guys have half a brain, it'll be unanimous to force him to do so. To pull the 'rich white guys tick together' thing could be near suicide for the league.

Did the NBA just get a pair?