NBA investigates Clippers owner Donald Sterling for racism

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean there is the NBA's nuclear option where they pretty much write a check for Sterling whether he accepts or not, and cease control of the team. They've never done this before. They have bought the Hornets back from George Shinn a few years back, but wasn't a hostile take over. I think the NBA could exercise this option in this instance.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Throwdown":2qgavbf3 said:
I mean there is the NBA's nuclear option where they pretty much write a check for Sterling whether he accepts or not, and cease control of the team. They've never done this before. They have bought the Hornets back from George Shinn a few years back, but wasn't a hostile take over. I think the NBA could exercise this option in this instance.

You think Silver has the guts to do it?

m0ng0

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3a17abou said:
m0ng0":3a17abou said:
The same Elgin Baylor that worked for Sterling for 22 years.....hmm weird :snack:

Is that a point you're trying to make? That having a black employee makes you not racist?

no not at all, but in 22 years Baylor had two winning seasons and amassed a win-loss record of 607 and 1153.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I don't think ANY commish has the guts to do it, unless its Bud Selig, he did that with Expos I believe, I think even the Rangers.

Things would have to get insanely ridiculous for it to happen, but its an option that should be considered in this situation. You're talking about a league that is predominantly played by, and its super stars are african-american. The franchise could be in trouble when it comes to acquiring and keeping players now, meaning a lot of issues. IMO one way or another, Sterling has gotta be pushed out of the NBA.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wonder what the GF's reason was for recording that phone call? Sterling doesn't seem too sharp but why was the GF trying to entrap him? Sounds like he was her sugar daddy, just take down the Magic Instagram photo and continue to suck the money from the guy. Sterling seems to have the perfect plantation owner attitude, because it must be tough to endow people you despise to such depth.

Sounds like Sterling was more concerned about his image than whether his GF boinked the black guys he says she was hanging with. Just don't provide evidence. I doubt the NBA does anything with him. Seems Stern knew what type of guy he was for a long time and he couldn't do much to get Sterling out as owner.

I don't think the recording can be used to help remove him as owner.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Silver does not have the balls to straight up seize the team from him, remember Silver is an employee of the NBA. If even a few owners feel the NBA is out of line in taking a team away from someone, whether its legal or not, he could cost himself his own job. They'll look for loopholes to push him out of the league. Send him a fine for $50 million.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":3jr6x0y8 said:
Am I wrong for laughing at him trying to not sound racist but still ending up sounding more racist?
Kind of like the cattle rancher in Nevada that was trying to take on the BLM, and all of the extremist morons running to his aid, and now the political shows and politicians that sided with him can't run away fast enough.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":2flo7h0q said:
Silver does not have the balls to straight up seize the team from him, remember Silver is an employee of the NBA. If even a few owners feel the NBA is out of line in taking a team away from someone, whether its legal or not, he could cost himself his own job. They'll look for loopholes to push him out of the league. Send him a fine for $50 million.
Silver's balls are in David Stern's purse! 8)

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Throwdown":11y8ws2w said:
You're probably right, 'specially if it was recorded without his knowing.
She is going to end up looking like the gold digger she is when this is all over. Ferrarri, cash, nice digs.

Sterling has reached that disconnect/age when even the stuff he says that he thinks is nice and enlightened sounds racist.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Christ. Guess we'll see what Silver's made of here real soon. Hernia's probably correct that Silver's nuts are in Stern's purse. So Adam, you man or a pussy?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Deadspin released more excerpts from that tape.. And it's getting even worse for Sterling if that's possible.

The man is finished as an owner. Mark my words. No one will want to play there anymore until he is gone. And that's a very dangerous place for a major market team to be in from the NBA's standpoint. Silver may not have the "guts" but he'll have no other choice if Doc Rivers quits and Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, and every other player that's offended by those statements takes a stand when their season ends.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":19v004u9 said:
Deadspin released more excerpts from that tape.. And it's getting even worse for Sterling if that's possible.

Just including the link.

http://deadspin.com/exclusive-the-exten ... 1568291249

V: Do you know that you have a whole team that's black, that plays for you?

DS: You just, do I know? I support them and give them food, and clothes, and cars, and houses. Who gives it to them? Does someone else give it to them? Do I know that I have—Who makes the game? Do I make the game, or do they make the game? Is there 30 owners, that created the league?

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1qfnj015 said:
Throwdown":1qfnj015 said:
You're probably right, 'specially if it was recorded without his knowing.
She is going to end up looking like the gold digger she is when this is all over. Ferrarri, cash, nice digs.

Sterling has reached that disconnect/age when even the stuff he says that he thinks is nice and enlightened sounds racist.

Doesn't she already look like a gold digger being with a rich 80 year old?

Greenhell

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3r21600e said:
What is the deal with racist people really wanting to have sex with members of the race that they dislike?

I wondered this myself.

sutz

Reaction score
I guess they didn't get the memo. ;)

Screen-Shot-2014-04-27-at-2.37.38-PM.png

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sad thing is, Sterling will make a huge profit when/if he is forced to sell the team.
He will profit from this, which is sad and wrong.

Latest posts