NBA investigates Clippers owner Donald Sterling for racism

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
m0ng0":3bvjxt0f said:
Paul Allen owns 2 teams, I don't see why Magic would not be allowed, however magic does not have the assets himself to buy the team

There are weird rules between MLB and other leagues, though. Remember how Stan Kroenke was going to buy a piece of a team (maybe the Rockies), but couldn't because of some rule about ownership?

We'll see. I do think that you are right about Magic not having the assets himself, but he will probably front a group that does, much like he does with the Dodgers.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You mean I might be able to take the NBA seriously again? And maybe even think Seattle may get a franchise again in the not too distant future?

Throwdown

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2am2h9g7 said:
You mean I might be able to take the NBA seriously again? And maybe even think Seattle may get a franchise again in the not too distant future?

Maybe, but I don't think it'll be the Clippers, even though our guys Ballmer & Hansen have enough ammo get into a bidding war and win against these other ownership groups.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
"I fully expect to get the support of the owners" (as it concerns the necessary 75% vote to force the sale of the team). That's called throwing down the gauntlet.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Throwdown":2n5282gv said:
MizzouHawkGal":2n5282gv said:

Maybe, but I don't think it'll be the Clippers, even though our guys Ballmer & Hansen have enough ammo get into a bidding war and win against these other ownership groups.

...though I want my hockey team, so throw so much money at the NBA that the valuation of all franchises shoots up, and maybe it will happen. Is a team worth 2B to these guys?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
m0ng0":38wwwfth said:
Was the question raised about how soon a vote would take place?
Not that I heard. Guessing it won't be long though. Silver no doubt wants this whole mess in the rear view mirror as rapidly as possible.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":27dcvcp0 said:
Throwdown":27dcvcp0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":27dcvcp0 said:

...though I want my hockey team, so throw so much money at the NBA that the valuation of all franchises shoots up, and maybe it will happen. Is a team worth 2B to these guys?

If they were close to paying a billy for Sacramento Freakin' Kings, for the Clippers I think they would.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
Throwdown":2p0xb6fg said:
Smelly McUgly":2p0xb6fg said:
Throwdown":2p0xb6fg said:
MizzouHawkGal":2p0xb6fg said:

If they were close to paying a billy for Sacramento Freakin' Kings, for the Clippers I think they would.

LOL, I hope it happens. I hope they at least give an offer, even if the NBA shuts the door on them again. Would be good for some off-season entertainment.

Reaction score
I agree %100 with the decision to oust the idiot from the NBA, he is reaping what he sowed. But something that really gets me riled up is every time I see Charles Barkley on the tube stating his opinions on the matter, which is fine, but considering his record perhaps he should shut up.
Back in the 90's when the Vancouver Grizzlies were beginning their short stay in the NBA, one of the local TV stations sent a reporter on the road to the teams first foray into Phoenix. Sure enough he got an interview with then super star, Barkley, then something happened that to this day I still can't believe didn't cause an uproar. During said interview, after a question from the reporter, who is white, Barkley blurted out, "That is why I hate white people". I don't recall the question he was answering, but it caused a little bit of shock in the reporter and with the anchor back in Vancouver, but nothing ever came of it, which I found strange then and still do. And to this day whenever I see Sir Charles pontificating about race I shake my head.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3qspqesw said:
Throwdown":3qspqesw said:
Smelly McUgly":3qspqesw said:
Throwdown":3qspqesw said:

LOL, I hope it happens. I hope they at least give an offer, even if the NBA shuts the door on them again. Would be good for some off-season entertainment.

Haha, that would be awesome. Just double the offer of whatever Magic & co. gives.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I mean there's no doubt in my mind that they're calling their NBA connects up right this moment and talking strategy, I just think it'd be in bad taste if the NBA let a team leave its fans because the previous owner was a dirtbag.

Wouldn't be against it, I just don't think that this team is the one for them.

Even if LA is a Lakers town...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
If Adam Silver sells the Clippers to Ballmer and Hansen, he instantly becomes the GOAT commish

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1wdf1t48 said:
If Adam Silver sells the Clippers to Ballmer and Hansen, he instantly becomes the GOAT commish

I'd legit consider lobbying to get a day named after him if he did that.

"Its Adam Silver day, here in Seattle"

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I mean.. from the leagues standpoint.. what were the two black eyes on the NBA as of today?

- Sterling

- The Seattle situation

He can fix both. Instantly.

DO IT ADAM.

OP
OP
D

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
e65023c4_sterlingeffect.jpeg