My First Away Game! It was special, thanks seahawks.net!!

Liderside

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals! I wanted to just share my experience this weekend in Houston as it was my first away game and my first experience with the .net crew, and it was AMAZING!!! I was the guy in the Rick Mirer jersey.

The flight on Saturday was filled with 12th man pride, we even got a couple 'go hawks' over the intercom from the flight attendant. The .net meetup at Twin Peaks was a blast, I really enjoyed meeting the gang who made it out. True fans. We all made our way to Buffalo Wild Wings where the bar was PACKED with hawks fans, you might have seen us on the news that night (Kiro 7 was there). I ran into the folks that I was seated with on the plane, they bought me a beer (which would be one of many 'freebies' I would get this weekend).

After a short nap in the hotel I got up and made my way to the stadium. The gang was there, loaded up with booze, beer and brats. We all got pretty toasted and hung out with some really great Texans fans. I have to say that even though this was my first away game, the folks in Houston were kind, welcoming and fun. I really enjoyed not having to worry about watching my back or dodging beer bottles. Houston knows how to tailgate, it was a great scene!

Game time! So, my ticket I purchased from Stubhub was BUNK, only finding this out when the lady scanning my ticket was like 'hold up, your ticket has already been scanned'. My heart stopped but my drunken confidence must have been at an all time high because they just let me go in. When does that EVER HAPPEN? It did to me, stubhub refunded my ticket on Monday too, so FREE SEAHAWKS GAME!!!

My seat had a large texas butt in it, but someone right next to it never showed so I never had an issue with the seats. The closest beer vendor was VERY impressed that I came all the way from Seattle to watch the game and he decided to reward me by giving me free beer throughout the game, just keep bringing my cup back and he would refill it. AMAZING!! That saved me like $50, plus a drunk Texan fan felt the need to buy me a beer to compliment my winning personality that was clearly rubbing off all over the place.

The game was epic, we all saw it. I was leading cheers from my section, getting plenty of dirty looks from Texan fans but still earning their respect for representing like the 12th man I am. It was amazingly fun. I never lost confidence in our team, even when the 4th quarter started I just knew we weren't out of it. Sure enough, we climb out of the hole and notch our first 4-0 season! After the victory I somehow got more bold and walked the stadium clapping and shaking Texan's fans for putting such a great fight. Only one f-bomb was dropped on me, and one guy had to be restrained by his wife as he wanted to get physical for me 'rubbing it in'. But hey, its my first away game, and how could I not be ecstatic!

Anyway, that's my experience, I told all the .net crew that I would be an active member so here is my first contribution!

Thanks to everyone who made this weekend the best weekend I have had in a very long time. I was flying solo and the experience is directly connected to the group in this forum.

Can't wait until the next one!!!

CEHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like a hospitable and friendly place to watch a game!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
At least you made it into the game and made it thru the weekend without any major issues... Like ending up in the Hospital by a disgruntled Texas Fan... :thfight7:

OP
OP
L

Liderside

Reaction score
@Hawkaboi, yes having the .net group having my back was a huge confidence boost.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would like to take the opportunity to announce that Next Year's official .NET getaway, or NETaway, will take place in either San Diego or Washington.

The only other possibility is if we travel to Green Bay, but likely Washington or San Diego as long as we play there relatively early in the season.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":1u4iuhjm said:
I would like to take the opportunity to announce that Next Year's official .NET getaway, or NETaway, will take place in either San Diego or Washington.

The only other possibility is if we travel to Green Bay, but likely Washington or San Diego as long as we play there relatively early in the season.

If it's in San Diego and I manage to stay off the no-fly list I'm committing my services right now.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3oyng0oc said:
bestfightstory":3oyng0oc said:

If it's in San Diego and I manage to stay off the no-fly list I'm committing my services right now.

You can't possibly service us ALL, Zeb. As much as you'd like too...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3fcckdui said:
bestfightstory":3fcckdui said:

If it's SD, I might have to convince my wife to give me a weekend pass.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bestfightstory":7i4qtaqh said:
Zebulon Dak":7i4qtaqh said:
bestfightstory":7i4qtaqh said:

You can't possibly service us ALL, Zeb. As much as you'd like too...

Not gonna stop me from trying.

Laloosh

Reaction score
bestfightstory":3t6qd473 said:

Not going to lie, it would be hard for me to NOT make a trip to San Diego.

taz291819

Reaction score
Was in Houston a few years ago when the Seahawks played the Packers. Found a Packers bar called the S.R.O. (Standing Room Only) and decided to watch the game there. Only two other people had Seahawks' jerseys on, the rest were Packers. Needless to say, even though the Packers won, everyone there was great to be around. A lot of ribbing, but nothing serious. Even the really drunk fans were cool.

A

Anonymous

Dude! Glad you signed-on.

I remember that 20-second victory scream you emitted once you arrived back to the tailgating spot after the game.

Glad you are getting a refund from Stubhub. The "Huge Texans Butt" that was in your seat was either:
A.) the dude who listed his ticket on Stubhub and is about to get hammered by them. Or,
B.) another innocent victim.

Them letting you into the game at all was lucky as lucky can be.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I remember that faded #3 Mirer jersey and I am glad to see you online. A great story you wrote and none of those freebies would have ever come my way.
Go Hawks.

OP
OP
L

Liderside

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":356ln186 said:
Dude! Glad you signed-on.

I remember that 20-second victory scream you emitted once you arrived back to the tailgating spot after the game.

Glad you are getting a refund from Stubhub. The "Huge Texans Butt" that was in your seat was either:
A.) the dude who listed his ticket on Stubhub and is about to get hammered by them. Or,
B.) another innocent victim.

Them letting you into the game at all was lucky as lucky can be.

Thanks! Luck doesn't describe it, I am still reeling from how the hell I walked in. It must have been the power juice from the tailgate.

Latest posts