First Kraken game!

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Went to my first Kraken game last night (against the Phillie Flyers), and my first hockey game since I was stationed at Great Lakes Naval Training Center for electronics tech school in 1978. Back then I went with some friends from hockey-land to see the Chicago Blackhawks a few times. I remember also seeing pro hockey in Milwaukee a few times then, but I guess that wasn't NHL like I thought I remembered because I find no mention of Milwaukee NHL teams in 1978 when looking online. I guess it's true that people who say they remember the '70s weren't actually there! :cool:

Low-scoring game, we won 2-1 in OT, and best of all there was a loudmouthed Flyers fan a couple rows behind me who got humbled a little at the end. Ha! I may go back and see another game, but holy shit! $70 for parking?!? I wasn't going to park in a lot due to I wanted to have an unmolested car after the game, so that was the parking garage price.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The Kraken seem to be all about OT this year, though they don’t win many of them. Big win against a really good Flyers squad to get back to .500. If this team could start scoring even a touch more they could go on a run. Currently they are -15 in goal differential which is crazy(Canucks are +43)

I’m surprised you only had one loudmouth fan around you….I’ve spent so damn much on parking the last couple years I should get an honorary spot. Should’ve bought a parking garage 30 years ago.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Just a heads up in case some didn't know. Monorail tickets are included free with any Kraken game ticket. You save a lot of money parking in Westlake and just taking the monorail over and back for free. Last game we went to I think it was $9.50 for all day parking in a parking garage by Westlake. Plus you miss a good chunk of the traffic after a game, it gets really backed up sometimes if you park at the arena. Took us 5 minutes to get onto i5 afterwards.

Also if you want to save even more time or have extra piece of mind, there's an app called "SpotHero". You can reserve your parking space ahead of time, not have to worry about paying in or out (because you pay ahead of time), and you get to compare prices and lock in the price for the day you want. I use it every time I go into Seattle now.

Msfann

Reaction score
I've always parked at northgate somewhere and taken light rail in. You get off at westlake station then get on the monorail to get to the Seattle center.
Free parking for the win!