My sentiment exactly

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I understand, but this has been going on since Carrol started. You will put up with it when things are going great (LOB), but when the risk is not worth the reward, you have to put your foot down.
That’s not exactly true. You have to go back to 2016 to find a Seahawks team ranked this near the top of the league in penalties. If you play aggressive defense you can generate more turnovers and big plays but also more penalties than if you play a more passive style. I can live with that, but not all these plain dumb penalties.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score

Since 2003 only one team with the fewest ppg made the SB…Hawks lost
Many of the those league leaders failed to make the playoffs, many more flamed out early.

Players make penalties and players make plays to overcome those penalties.
Just like yesterday, they committed a bunch of penalties and yet there they were with the ball in their possession and a chance to win the game.
Like Pete said “ last week was our game, this week was their game”
There is no proof they would’ve won with fewer penalties yesterday only feelings

Side note: 2014 Belicheats team was #27 in ppg and won the SB

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Re-watch that play if you can. Witherspoon grabbed the receiver's back arm, and that caused his stumble. It was a good PI call.

No athlete stumbles because someone swipes at their arm. He tripped.

ccla

Reaction score
That’s not exactly true. You have to go back to 2016 to find a Seahawks team ranked this near the top of the league in penalties. If you play aggressive defense you can generate more turnovers and big plays but also more penalties than if you play a more passive style. I can live with that, but not all these plain dumb penalties.
Isn’t that exactly what I said?

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Isn’t that exactly what I said?
You said “ever since Pete started.” I would say it’s been up and down. For example, as recently as 2021, Hawks ranked 23rd in penalties.