Mike Vrabel

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Vrabel has had some strong playoff runs, for coaching a team with very little talent. Seattle has alot of young talent and could benefit from a defensive standpoint. I think the question is how can he help the offensive side of the ball. I know our defense was not good this year, but the offense was not much better IMHO. This would be the major question.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I have no idea what JS prefers, but I think people hoping we chase the "McVay/Shanahan" trend are being short sighted. If something is seen as clearly a trend by everyone, you're already too late. You need to correctly forecast the next trend or counter move that ends the current trend if you want to win. If you try to be the next McVay, by the time you figure it out, someone else will have solved the McVay riddle
Yep ^^ Ebb & Flow.
One thing that is always a constant=Change.
I loved DC Pete Carroll, but with the way the game is, and always will be constantly changing, "Fundamentals" Pete seemed to lack the flexibility needed to change up to match all the nuances, and really would have fared much better with more innovative sub-Coaches who could speed read those in-game changeups and adapt on the fly.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yep ^^ Ebb & Flow.
One thing that is always a constant=Change.
I loved DC Pete Carroll, but with the way the game is, and always will be constantly changing, "Fundamentals" Pete seemed to lack the flexibility needed to change up to match all the nuances, and really would have fared much better with more innovative sub-Coaches who could speed read those in-game changeups and adapt on the fly.

Latest posts