Mike Vrabel

Welshers2

Reaction score
If not Harbs he is the guy. Young, loved by players, over achieved and unfairly scape goated in Tennessee. Though if he doesn't win the super bowl in his first year here I imagine fans will turn on him

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If not Harbs he is the guy. Young, loved by players, over achieved and unfairly scape goated in Tennessee. Though if he doesn't win the super bowl in his first year here I imagine fans will turn on him
I disagree with the last part. As long as we feel the team had a sense of direction and building toward something, then we will support them.

Right now the Seahawks feel like the MCU. Directionless

CPHawk

Reaction score
Scapegoat? That’s not what happened at all. He thought the patriots job would be open, and kept talking about it around the facilities and finally the owner had enough, and fired him. He wanted out of Tennessee, he thought he would get the NE job. His agent didn’t do his job and find out that NE had a contract with Mayo that he would be the next coach.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Scapegoat? That’s not what happened at all. He thought the patriots job would be open, and kept talking about it around the facilities and finally the owner had enough, and fired him. He wanted out of Tennessee, he thought he would get the NE job. His agent didn’t do his job and find out that NE had a contract with Mayo that he would be the next coach.
Source?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Two pros and a cup of joe talked about it Friday morning I believe

He spoke highly about the patriots ownership and how they run things. And said things like it’s not that way everywhere. As well as saying stuff around the facilities about how things got ran compared to NE. And wouldn’t shoot down rumors that he wouldn’t go to NE if offered the job.

Last edited:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Wherever Vrabel goes, does he bring Arthur Smith with him to run the offense?

Rat

Reaction score
This is the guy I want. If I hadn't been in jail the past month, you all would have been sick and tired of hearing me talk about him by now. He had the Titans consistently competitive with an underwhelming roster and always seems to have the support of his players. Titans made a huge mistake letting him go.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
An underwhelming roster with Derrick Henry at RB?

I follow the Titans pretty closely and he’s is fine but not who I would want. Getting rid of Marriotta was key to success. Trading AJ Brown was the downfall.

As to player support? I don’t give a crap.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hire Vrabel, sign Henry and trade K9?

Last edited:

knownone

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Vrabel. He seems like a solid coach and one of the better options. But hiring him would lead me to believe ownership didn't have a plan after firing Pete or missed out on the guy they wanted. I mean, why fire a coach coming off back-to-back winning seasons to hire a coach coming off back-to-back losing seasons?

whidbeast

Reaction score
With the exception of Andy Reid and probably a couple examples I can't think of off the top it really seems like the winning formula is to go with a young smart coordinator vice an experienced HC who ultimately failed somewhere else.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Peter King wrote in his Monday Morning Football in America segment that he thinks Vrabel is a good fit in Seattle. I disagree. He may be a good fit in that he brings name recognition, but not necessarily a good organizational fit with Seattle.

Pass.

Would rather see an offensive minded coach, one who has experimented with innovative concepts at the college level.

Latest posts