Mike Vrabel

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I'd rather go with an unknown. Vrabel has been on the decline for a while now. DQ would be ahead of him imo.
I'd prefer to go brand new HC as well. I think there's more potential upside, but there's also the chance for downside. However, Vrabel could be a good hire. I don't think he's necessarily on the decline. I think the team is declining partly due to some things beyond Vrabel's control like personnel decisions and cap decisions. Things that were mentioned in this article I posted previously:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/10/inside-titans-decision-mike-vrabel-firing-notes-amy-adams

Aircrew

Reaction score
Pete was a culture hire and look where it got us. Vrabel would be a culture hire plus a no BS leader. I would be pleased if John hired him, but I trust in Schneiders skill and eye for talent so whoever he picks I'm good with.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
. . . I trust in Schneiders skill and eye for talent so whoever he picks I'm good with.
I do not have that trust in JS's skill and eye for talent. I cannot differentiate which stupid decisions over the last half decade in drafts, trades and signings were his and which were PCs so he gets half credit/blame so I am starting him off at zero. No pedestal no hole. I will support the Seahawks no matter what BUT I am not going to blindly agree with whatever choice JS makes. I hope he makes a good call. Many of the candidates I like and if they were hired and fail I would not blame JS. Many candidates I dislike and if they are hired and fail I would blame JS because I think it is obvious they would fail. And if the hire succeeds all credit to JS. Also I do not like the idea of PC in his ear about the next hire. At all.

Will you be good with JS promoting Hurtt to head coach?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Vrabel doesn't feel like a homerun but is a "safe and solid" choice. Plus, I read that he has a great relationship with John Schneider. I'm starting to think he might be the guy.
If I had to lay down some money, I'd bet that Vrabel will be our next coach. I'm guessing that Schneider is saying to himself "now don't F-this up" and is more likely to take what he sees as the safe bet, the guy he knows best vs. a virtual unknow.

Vrabel's record with the Titans is OK, but it's a little like the record that many of us have been complaining about for the past 7 years: Mediocre. Having said that, I don't want to rule out a candidate just for that reason. After all, Belichick was fired in his first head coaching gig and Pete was fired twice before he "got it."

toffee

Reaction score
If I had to lay down some money, I'd bet that Vrabel will be our next coach. I'm guessing that Schneider is saying to himself "now don't F-this up" and is more likely to take what he sees as the safe bet, the guy he knows best vs. a virtual unknow.

Vrabel's record with the Titans is OK, but it's a little like the record that many of us have been complaining about for the past 7 years: Mediocre. Having said that, I don't want to rule out a candidate just for that reason. After all, Belichick was fired in his first head coaching gig and Pete was fired twice before he "got it."
From all the stuff that I have read, Vrabel isn't known for his XO. He doesn't read like someone that will invent a new offense or defense philosophy. That said, few HC could do that

RiverDog

Reaction score
From all the stuff that I have read, Vrabel isn't known for his XO. He doesn't read like someone that will invent a new offense or defense philosophy. That said, few HC could do that
If we are to take what Jody Allen and John Schneider have both said at face value, being known for their X's and O's isn't the top priority. The top priority is a coach who can build a culture, a coach that players will give their all for, someone like Dan Campbell of the Lions, a former player who's familiar with the modern athlete but not a HOF-type player. That's one of the reasons why I think that Vrabel is their guy.

Scout

Reaction score
The more I've been researching Vrabel and hanging around the Titans forms to see what they had to say, the more I dislike the guy. I think he knows how to set up a good culture, but he seems to have many of the same problems that we all had with Pete. His choices for coordinators were suspect and he never fired under performing coordinators.

Both his OC were offered jobs as HCs . Pees is a respected defensive coordinator.

So I am not sure what they are building their case on. Downing the OC? Well they had many issues with injuries and they had their best player on offense traded away so.....

Last edited:

Scout

Reaction score
Could you imagine Pete talking like this? 😂

Anyone that is comparing Vrabel to PC simply do not know. Vrabel is closer to Parcells and even better comparison is Dan Campbell. Both Campbell and Vrabel are heavily influenced by Parcells style of coaching.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I disagree with the last part. As long as we feel the team had a sense of direction and building toward something, then we will support them.

Right now the Seahawks feel like the MCU. Directionless
Depends who we hire. But the wrong hire will signal , to me anyways, we are about to follow the path of the Blazers. Who Jody continues to force them to keep Billups.

xray

Reaction score
I'd be fine with Vrabel as HC , if he would bring Arthur Smith along as OC .

Cyrus12

Reaction score
If we are to take what Jody Allen and John Schneider have both said at face value, being known for their X's and O's isn't the top priority. The top priority is a coach who can build a culture, a coach that players will give their all for, someone like Dan Campbell of the Lions, a former player who's familiar with the modern athlete but not a HOF-type player. That's one of the reasons why I think that Vrabel is their guy.
Pete Carroll?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Depends who we hire. But the wrong hire will signal , to me anyways, we are about to follow the path of the Blazers. Who Jody continues to force them to keep Billups.
We won't know it's the wrong hire for at least another season or two though.

Latest posts