Mike Rob Cut?!!!

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Wait and see. He will be given a chance to test the market much like the FB in BAL. He must have refused a pay cut IMO. He maybe back you knows?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Edit.... nevermind, bad joke.

In all seriousness though, I like M Rob a lot but don't think he's irreplaceable or anything.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
His leaderdship will be very hard to replace. Heck he called the team meeting after Bruces suspension.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Coleman better be good or he will enter Julius Jone territory almost automatically, I'm irrational I know.

pinksheets

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ank8z174 said:
Harper over Robinson? You gots to be kidding me.
If they like Harper's a good prospect that'll develop, why not? A good WR is far more valuable than a fullback. As awesome as MRob is, his contribution to the team is capped by being one of the least important positions on the football team, and one where similar production isn't really that hard to find.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
If it is true that Mike Robinson has been cut it will be the first move made by John and Pete that I have 100% hated. I realize that there are cap savings that can carry over into next year to help us re-sign some guys. However, this team's offensive identity is power football with Lynch running behind Mike Rob and this release would have the potential to severly undermine that. Neither Coleman nor Ware showed me in the preseason that they are ready for that role full time or can do it nearly as well as Mike Rob did. An awful decision in my opinion if it is true.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
pinksheets":2zt7589d said:
DavidSeven":2zt7589d said:
Harper over Robinson? You gots to be kidding me.
If they like Harper's a good prospect that'll develop, why not? A good WR is far more valuable than a fullback. As awesome as MRob is, his contribution to the team is capped by being one of the least important positions on the football team, and one where similar production isn't really that hard to find.

Ask Lynch how important MRob is

Happypuppy

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3nuez6ep said:
Maybe his illness was a bigger issue than they originally thought?

Could be a real possibility. Whatever the case it is a sad thing to happen.

pcbball12

Reaction score
As much as I love Mike Rob, people saying this is going to haunt us are taking it a little far. He plays fullback, which will probably see the field on 25% of offensive snaps this year. Vonte Leach wasn't picked up when cut by the Ravens even though he is probably the best FB in all of football. If Mike Rob doesn't get claimed (which is actually pretty likely to happen) then we can bring him back at a cheaper contract. Either way, not really freaked out by this move.

Perrin

Reaction score
My guess is they'll resign him to a cheaper contract when he's recovered from his illness. As we saw with what happened with Vonta Leach, not really much of a market for fullbacks.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3sd1gsuw said:
Hawkblogger FTW.

Don't worry, he's already on Twitter telling everyone this was "predictable" if they'd read his article and that it shouldn't be a surprise.

:roll:

Happypuppy

Reaction score
pcbball12":1zqcezn3 said:
As much as I love Mike Rob, people saying this is going to haunt us are taking it a little far. He plays fullback, which will probably see the field on 25% of offensive snaps this year. Vonte Leach wasn't picked up when cut by the Ravens even though he is probably the best FB in all of football. If Mike Rob doesn't get claimed (which is actually pretty likely to happen) then we can bring him back at a cheaper contract. Either way, not really freaked out by this move.

MRob was in near 40% of the plays not involving defense.