Mike Rob Cut?!!!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2013/08/30/seahawks-release-fullback-mike-robinson/

Robinson’s release is not official, but it is expected.

Robinson, 30, had missed the last two preseason games due to illness. And his $2.5 million in base salary would have made Robinson the highest paid fullback in the league.

Seattle has other options to use at fullback, including second-year pro Derrick Coleman and rookie Spencer Ware. The Seahawks also have used tight end Zach Miller at fullback at times when Robinson has been injured.

As Curtis Crabtree of KJR-AM notes, the Seahawks could sign Robinson after Week 2 if he’s still available to a non-guaranteed contract, therefore taking on less risk.

drdiags

Reaction score
Scottemojo":q5hfkfxl said:
Hawkblogger FTW.

Yep. Unfortunately. Folks didn't want to think the cap was going to get some folks this year, but this seemed like it was going to happen. Best of luck to MRob. Time to close ranks and move on.

Leon and MRob. Wilson will have to count on his OL and WR leaders to fill the void. Not sure what type of leadership is in the RB group.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
If it was all about the cap and he was always a gonner due to $$$, why wasn't he cut weeks ago to give him the best chance to relocate?

That argument doesn't add up to me.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mretrade":25x4p32i said:
[youtube]F_1PMEfUMQI[/youtube]

You're a POS...and learn how to embed a simple YouTube video before you start pouring salt in our wounds

mretrade

Reaction score
Its a joke, chill.

I thought MRob was highly over rated as a 49er but he is a great special teams player. He seemed to do well in Seattle but this is clearly a cap move so the Seahawks can roll over his cap room in hopes of locking down Sherman & Co.

I bet he will be back but wouldn't he have cut his salary number before being released?

Reaction score
Like many people have said. I'll miss his off the field contributions. He is replaceable. But I'm not sure if we will replace his leadership.

ensett

Reaction score
lmao this move is terrible, we literally dont have a FB on the roster now. We have out of position scrubs that we force to play FB. Seems like something the raiders would do

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Not happy at all. Good business move but that's it. Hopefully this works out but we'll see....

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2nb1zgm7 said:
If it was all about the cap and he was always a gonner due to $$$, why wasn't he cut weeks ago to give him the best chance to relocate?

I am sure we would have kept him on the cheap (vet min). Could have been on going talks? The longer it went on the more leverage the hawks had. He is cut now and has almost no chance to latch on for good $$. Vontae was out there for a while, and went back to the same team for much less. . .

He could very well be available to us @ week 2 on a non-guaranteed min contract.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mretrade":ag31f6wo said:
Its a joke, chill.

I thought MRob was highly over rated as a 49er but he is a great special teams player. He seemed to do well in Seattle but this is clearly a cap move so the Seahawks can roll over his cap room in hopes of locking down Sherman & Co.

I bet he will be back but wouldn't he have cut his salary number before being released?
Pardon me for not laughing

mretrade

Reaction score
Leonard Weaver was just as loved as MRob. Good fullbacks are easy to find.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
mretrade":3c3ho127 said:

I don't think so...MRob was one of the fan favorites. Weaver never was. At least he was never one of mines

Happypuppy

Reaction score
From Sherman to Wagner

@RSherman_25: @Bwagz54 there are more sad ones to come.... No one is safe...

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
mretrade":3fbutj4a said:
This reminds me of when Leonard Weaver went to Philadelphia!
And where is Weaver now? How long did he last? (don't throw the pro-bowl argument either).

BillHawks

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2eu68blf said:
mretrade":2eu68blf said:

I don't think so...MRob was one of the fan favorites. Weaver never was. At least he was never one of mines

To be honest I don't care about the fans. My concern is with the locker room. Wagner already tweeted his surprise at this move. I think the players will move on but it's got to be tough for them right now (except Harper because he seems excited haha).

Axx

Reaction score
i really wanted to see mike rob with a super bowl to.

How can you cut beast modes eyes. Mike Rob was beast modes eyes.....

chris98251

Reaction score
mretrade":3lhbtqmw said:

Weaver was not a good Fullback, he was a good big back that was learning Fullback and had a hell of a stiff arm.

Good Fullbacks are not easy to find either, there are a lot less of them learning in college, a FB that can see the field, block well, catch the pass out of the backfield as well as run the ball don't just walk into a facility. Most good FB are intelligent and guys that are students of the game. We have had only a few here in Seattle, we tried to replace Mack Strong for 5 years and could not find a better one even with him ageing. I would think the 49ers with Tom Rathman, Ken Willard would appreciate the position more.

drdiags

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1yr4xqmi said:

Maybe he wouldn't re-negotiate, ala Winslow? It was about cap with Winslow and yet they waited until after the final 53 to cut him. Who knows but it seems to me that it had some affect.