Mike MacDonald removes Carroll related Seahawks imprint

chrispy

Reaction score
If this is the reaction to taking down some pictures, I sure hope he never goes for it on 4th and short....

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
The only picture I need to see is the one on the field.

That, and I've never been to VMAC and never will.

Go Hawks!

The Breh

Reaction score
I side with Rich.

"The conversation has been nonstop"
Because of him, and people like him with nothing better to discuss as all draft talk has been beaten into oblivion.
He listened to Williams quote then quickly disregarded it all while comparing NE, SF, Dallas and GB.

Mcdonald removed the highlights from ONE era it's been clear we need to move on from. From players view, and they're excited to carve their paths to be the next ones up there.
So much ado for absolutely nothing. Our microwave era we live in needs drama and I wish Williams never mentioned a thing.
Because Sherm, the fans, and the media made it about their opinions and feelings. Not the actual players or organization as a whole.

Wolfiegrrl

Reaction score
I'm ready to move on from this. But because I'm so up to date on things, I still get friends asking me "WTF with the pictures?" I'm so over it. Boils down to a big nothing burger with a side of "for the love of all that is Holy" fries. I can't wait for it to all wash over... Should be tomorrow. LOL

Weadoption

Reaction score
we fans need to drum up and go down there and protest and do an occupy sit-in at the start of camp for this transparent attempt to tear down the past glory, ruin this country and spoil the mood of the milky way galaxy.
“We are Pete Carrol”
who does Mike think he is?
coach

sc85sis

Reaction score
The team (particularly PR) dropped the ball here. The issue is that no one explained ahead of time what the plan was, so it allowed for a false narrative in the press, social media, etc. Then they had to try to play catch-up with explanations.

It would have been better if they’d had posts about “updates at the VMAC coming, with new video boards” blah blah, before they took the photos down.

LTH

Reaction score
This is being over-played IMO. The fact that they took down a bunch of pictures probably means they're setting up to re-paint or something. Taking down the b-ball hoop, well yeah, that's pulling a Carroll icon, but I'm sure that's just a minor philosophical difference between Pete and Mack, who probably looks at it as a distraction.

They're not going to "erase" some of the golden moments of Seahawks history, no matter who was the coach at the time. There was a good interview with Big Cat Williams in the Times today. He mentions the changes, too, and doesn't disparage the Carroll legacy, while welcoming the "breath of fresh air" a change of regime brings.

I don't see this as some kind of Pharoah-onic destruction of monuments or anything. 🤷‍♂️
I don't like Him...you don't have to get rid of history to make your own legacy... for get about me being a Carroll fan that has NOTHING to do with anything about this..., the Seahawks should be proud of their entire history. This guy is boring he has shifty eyes...andI don't like him....LMAO!!! SHIFTY EYED MO FO!! HE IS SATAN!!! LMAO!!!!

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
I mean in all seriousness this has been a joke from the beginning.

They fire Pete Carroll because they feel his culture is stale.

They try to sell the BS story that Pete is sticking around as a consultant.

To watch McDonald say they are keeping the same culture was like STUPID!

To sit a TRY to listen to JS sells this crap is insulting.

McDonald wants nothing to do with anything Pete stands for, and rightly so... he has to be who he is. He has to coach this team in his philosophy.

So he tore down the pics on the wall to send a message to the players that there is a new sheriff in town and the old ways are GONE... FINISHED, NEVER TO BE SEEN again.

So why not just say that? Be honest about what's happening.

I mean I still talk to people who think Carroll is advising the team... no ...really!

Do they think we are stupid? Obviously they do...

I'm not listening to ANYTHING they say because it's all a bunch of BS.

OK... fine!

Mike (satan)McDonald and I'm giving the Nick name of BOZO to JS. LOL.

LTH