Marshawn mulling skipping Media Day entirely

kidhawk

Reaction score
cboom":1kv3zbyz said:
@ badgerboy: I'm the idiot that thinks people should actually honor a contract they sign. Many of us in this country have to do that everyday. Its sad to see so many on here think it should be ok not to be true to their word. I'm betting most of them are in a job they don't like, or collecting government checks of the hard working tax payers backs.

It's not to late for any of you to step up and change your lots in life!

No, actually you are the guy who THINKS he knows things that he doesn't know jack about. Being in the media is NOT in Lynch's contract. If it were, he'd be fined by the team, not the NFL. The contract is between him and the team. There are League RULES that state that a player must fulfill media obligations or face a fine but it's not contractual. It's similar to rules against excessive celebration or unsportsmanlike conduct. Just because a guy does something and gets a fine isn't going against his contract in any way shape or form.

cboom

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1eztkrva said:
Yes. Yes it is.

I was about as wrong on what I said as say, Curry stops the run! lol. Go Hawks, finally our time!

cboom

Reaction score
kidhawk":1t4gxuue said:
cboom":1t4gxuue said:
@ badgerboy: I'm the idiot that thinks people should actually honor a contract they sign. Many of us in this country have to do that everyday. Its sad to see so many on here think it should be ok not to be true to their word. I'm betting most of them are in a job they don't like, or collecting government checks of the hard working tax payers backs.

No, actually you are the guy who THINKS he knows things that he doesn't know jack about. Being in the media is NOT in Lynch's contract. If it were, he'd be fined by the team, not the NFL. The contract is between him and the team. There are League RULES that state that a player must fulfill media obligations or face a fine but it's not contractual. It's similar to rules against excessive celebration or unsportsmanlike conduct. Just because a guy does something and gets a fine isn't going against his contract in any way shape or form.

Agreeing to follow league rules and policies is very much included in every players contract. You just claimed I don't know jack and then made a complete false statement yourself. I'm willing to bet I have forgotten more about contract law than you will ever know.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
cboom":3od45pmn said:

Still proving your idiot status, keep up the hard work.

kidhawk

Reaction score
cboom":36pot3bm said:
kidhawk":36pot3bm said:
cboom":36pot3bm said:

Agreeing to follow league rules and policies is very much included in every players contract. You just claimed I don't know jack and then made a complete false statement yourself. I'm willing to bet I have forgotten more about contract law than you will ever know.

You act all self righteous, yet you make up a reason not to like players. This isn't the first time you've done it and I doubt it will be the last. Many many players are fined by the league for breaking league rules. There are fines for media issues, illegal hits, unsportsmanlike conduct, wearing the wrong color socks....the list goes on and on. Because a player breaks a rule he gets a fine doesn't mean he's breaking his contract. The contract says that you will follow league rules and league punishments which are agreed to by the CBA. Every player who goes through an appeal process and either pays or ends up not paying a fine is following their contract. The fact that you want to use these things to make a player sound like he's being selfish or whatever point your trying to make shows much more about you than the player in question here.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
-The Glove-":zvtbjw3c said:
Is Cboom the Kam hitter bigger guy?

He's the one who said Wilson is the worst Seattle QB he's ever seen.

Hitter bigger was skater180000000000000000000000000000

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":18d0mjgq said:
-The Glove-":18d0mjgq said:
Is Cboom the Kam hitter bigger guy?

He's the one who said Wilson is the worst Seattle QB he's ever seen.

Hitter bigger was skater180000000000000000000000000000

Ah that's right... 2 of the best posts ever

themunn

Reaction score
kidhawk":16cxxzz4 said:
cboom":16cxxzz4 said:

Eh, by signing a contract with the team he's signing a contract with the NFL. It's a specific part of the CBA

Stop before you make yourself look silly.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with cboom, but what he's saying is correct. Fortunately it doesn't matter because Lynch DID cooperate with the media

cboom

Reaction score
@ kid: I am self righteous because I believe a person should honor a contract they signed? And a player is in fact beaching a contract if they intentionally break league rules. Go talk to somebody that knows more about contract law and you will see this is true. You can make uneducated statements all day long, but you will still be wrong.

253hawk

Reaction score
If i had 100K I'd pay some of you to not talk.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
cboom":1au7szf6 said:

The contract probably includes a clause that requires players to abide a code of conduct as promulgated by the NFL. That said, a violation of one of these rules is not a breach of his contract as you are implying. The contract would only require that the player pay a fine for a violation of this type of team rule. If he pays it, there is no breach of contract. Get off your high horse and try to remember the portions of contract law you seem to have forgotten.

cboom

Reaction score
And by the way I am glad Lynch did the right thing today. I don't know why I'm the villain on this board. I was and will fully admit I was wrong a long time ago about Wilson. But there were many people that get paid a lot of money to judge college talent that were just as wrong as I was. But some of you seem to think that makes be a bad fan. I have paid for at least two tickets at a time to attend well over 50 Hawks games. I a betting several of you that want to call me out have not put anywhere close to that kind of commitment to this team. Go Hawks!

cboom

Reaction score
Yoonhawk":17d7w9tr said:
cboom":17d7w9tr said:

The contract probably includes a clause that requires players to abide a code of conduct as promulgated by the NFL. That said, a violation of one of these rules is not a breach of his contract as you are implying. The contract would only require that the player pay a fine for a violation of this type of team rule. If he pays it, there is no breach of contract. Get off your high horse and try to remember the portions of contract law you seem to have forgotten.

If there was no breach there would be no fine. You can't cause financial harm to a person for abiding by a contract, but you sure can if they don't.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
cboom":se240l8h said:
And by the way I am glad Lynch did the right thing today. I don't know why I'm the villain on this board. I was and will fully admit I was wrong a long time ago about Wilson. But there were many people that get paid a lot of money to judge college talent that were just as wrong as I was. But some of you seem to think that makes be a bad fan. I have paid for at least two tickets at a time to attend well over 50 Hawks games. I a betting several of you that want to call me out have not put anywhere close to that kind of commitment to this team. Go Hawks!

I've pair for 4 to at least 100 Hawks games

Shock2k

Reaction score
League came down about a fine.

Answer: No Fine! "Marshawn was required to participate, and he participated" ~ League Front Office.

Beast should kick Prime Time 10,000 for saving him from a $100,000 fine.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
cboom":1txhfat2 said:

I think some perspective is in order. I don't disagree in principle, with you. As a player representing the team, his abiding of league policies is important to the image of the team, though I don't think the organization really has an issue with his choice to evade or comply with media requests. That's merely conjecture, though a fair one, wouldn't you say? He's the face of the franchise and it appears the organization is completely fine with the persona of Marshawn Lynch as we see it right now, and that he doesn't have to put on the dog and pony show any time he's asked to do so.

I think the team has clearly taken a "that's between Marshawn and the league" approach to this whole issue.

Talks of "breaching" contracts and all that is really just splitting hairs. They can cut you for anything or nothing at all at any time.

kidhawk

Reaction score
themunn":26czzuyj said:
kidhawk":26czzuyj said:
cboom":26czzuyj said:

Eh, by signing a contract with the team he's signing a contract with the NFL. It's a specific part of the CBA

Stop before you make yourself look silly.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with cboom, but what he's saying is correct. Fortunately it doesn't matter because Lynch DID cooperate with the media

I can't believe it either especially when you are adding your name to something that is 100% wrong. Yes, he signed a contract that stated he follows all rules as established by the CBA. Part of those rules are a built in appeals process and fines. It's the same for all the rules broken, including wearing wrong colored socks or illegal hits or unsportsmanlike conduct. The league metes out fines, players may appeal or accept them, and then after the process is complete, the fines go towards a charity. Where exactly has Lynch broken this contract? He didn't talk to the media, the NFL meted out a fine, he appealed, they came to an agreement. ALL OF WHICH IS WITHIN THE CBA, and therefor within his contractual obligation.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
cboom":3jnh53fw said:
Yoonhawk":3jnh53fw said:
cboom":3jnh53fw said:

If there was no breach there would be no fine. You can't cause financial harm to a person for abiding by a contract, but you sure can if they don't.

The contract is between the player and the team. The fine is levied by the NFL for a violation of agreed-upon rules per the CBA. It's a matter between the player, the league and the players association. The team can choose to use a "failure to abide by league policies" as their reasoning for cutting a player, though doing so is 100% legally unnecessary as player contracts are not guaranteed unless conditions and dollar figures are completely specified. Hinging your argument on this breach of contract issue is getting ridiculous.

Why not just focus on the fair point of saying that Marshawn may be portraying a bad image of himself which is then projected onto the team? And that the team may or may not take issue with that when it comes time to decide of Marshawn remains a part of the team going forward. And then think about how stupid you sound when saying the team might actually reprimand him(whether it's cutting him or giving him less money in a future deal), for not giving interviews which were not mandated by the team. The team certainly cannot fine him for this, when the league already has the authority to do so.

I guess you could continue hanging onto this argument with the "conduct detrimental to the team" aspect, in that they could suspend him for said detrimental conduct. Of course by doing so an entire fan base would turn on the leaders of its organization in a matter of nanoseconds, because that's shear insanity.

cboom

Reaction score
-The Glove-":zj24cop5 said:
cboom":zj24cop5 said:

I've pair for 4 to at least 100 Hawks games

That's awesome! You got a bunch on me. I would never call you out for being a bad fan because of an opinion you had about a player before he really played. For what's its worth I thought Curry would be a monster...... You more than I have, have paid to watch some really bad football over the years. I think its only natural for us to think we know who they should draft at times, and form early opinions on who they do draft?

Latest posts