Marshawn mulling skipping Media Day entirely

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well apparently Lynch has been seen at media day, so he's not skipping. Another overhyped story dramatized by the NFLN to get hits. Whoulda thunk it?

BadgerVid

Reaction score
I happened to be around a Bills fan a lot in the first couple years after Marshawn was drafted and (IMO) he got pretty rough treatment from the Buffalo media...the hit and run and the next offseason's gun arrest in L.A. brought out the "He's a thug" contingent pretty heavily. Seemed to me Buffalo was like a small town that couldn't quite get their heads around Marshawn...I wouldn't be surprised if that had a lot to do with his disdain for talking to reporters.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
6 1/2 minutes from Beast Mode. Now Goddell can suck it, he got his way.

It's ridiculous that they are required to talk, or at least CERTAIN PLAYERS.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":b3kyfvax said:
His interview with Deion is priceless. :lol:

And it goes to show that he is still there and he's "available". NFL shouldn't fine him as long as he's there and being available should be technically enough to slide by.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kidhawk":1xftc98f said:
Hasselbeck":1xftc98f said:
His interview with Deion is priceless. :lol:

And it goes to show that he is still there and he's "available". NFL shouldn't fine him as long as he's there and being available should be technically enough to slide by.

Agreed. Love how all the players are siding with him too saying if he doesn't want to talk he shouldn't have to talk.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Prime tracked him down. Short sweet and to the point "We got some Dogs"!

Instant T-shirt!

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Erebus":2ygapzgp said:
Skipping media day would cost him $100K.
This amount bugs me. This not talking to the media fine makes it look like talking to the media or not is way worse than intentionally trying to injure a player. You see these guys get fined but no where near that amount.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
cboom":2uloeicb said:
TwistedHusky":2uloeicb said:
And demanding that someone put themselves in that kind of spotlight when they have that issue is ridiculous.

Nothing ridiculous at all to demand a guy to follow through with a function of his job that he signed a contract to do. A contract for huge money at that. The only ridiculous thing is him thinking he doesn't need to follow through with a commitment he made.

Nobody else in the world gets away with just doing the parts of their jobs they want to do, and refusing to do the other parts :roll:

If he doesn't like what the job involves he is more than free to quit and do something different.

Your still an idiot.

White Devil

Reaction score
Just loved that interview that Primetime just had with Marshawn. That IS exactly who he is. He's not a man of words, he's a man of action.

That little snippet interview has just fired me up. This game is gonna be a war. The whole damn team has a boulder sized chip on their shoulder. It could get very nasty.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Marshawn should just plug Skittles by giving that as every answer during any interview. He could be like Peyton, only less annoying.

kidhawk

Reaction score
NFL network said that they called the NFL offices and that Lynch was required to participate in media day and he did, therefor there would be no fine (rightfully so)

cboom

Reaction score
OkieHawk":2owlrp3y said:
cboom":2owlrp3y said:
TwistedHusky":2owlrp3y said:
And demanding that someone put themselves in that kind of spotlight when they have that issue is ridiculous.

Nothing ridiculous at all to demand a guy to follow through with a function of his job that he signed a contract to do. A contract for huge money at that. The only ridiculous thing is him thinking he doesn't need to follow through with a commitment he made.

Nobody else in the world gets away with just doing the parts of their jobs they want to do, and refusing to do the other parts :roll:

If he doesn't like what the job involves he is more than free to quit and do something different.

Your still an idiot.

That's a well thought out response! You seem to have a lot of anger. I guess I would to if I was poverty level. I am taking the high road. I actually just said a prayer for you. I prayed that there would be no tornados in the dust bowl Sunday. Would hate to have your trailer blow away during the Superbowl.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
cboom":1hrpyuhd said:
OkieHawk":1hrpyuhd said:
cboom":1hrpyuhd said:
TwistedHusky":1hrpyuhd said:

Your still an idiot.

That's a well thought out response! You seem to have a lot of anger. I guess I would to if I was poverty level. I am taking the high road. I actually just said a prayer for you. I prayed that there would be no tornados in the dust bowl Sunday. Would hate to have your trailer blow away during the Superbowl.

Congratulations...you made his point for him better than anyone else could have.

cboom

Reaction score
@ badgerboy: I'm the idiot that thinks people should actually honor a contract they sign. Many of us in this country have to do that everyday. Its sad to see so many on here think it should be ok not to be true to their word. I'm betting most of them are in a job they don't like, or collecting government checks of the hard working tax payers backs.

It's not to late for any of you to step up and change your lots in life!

cboom

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3fcwab3f said:
Is this the same cboom clown that is quoted in someone's sig talking silly about Russell?

Yes it is. That quote was from the beginning of last season. I have said I was wrong on that. And what they don't tell you is I said I hoped I was wrong at the time. And I'm not the only one that was wrong there. I'm sure there are about 20ish teams that would love to have him now, and passed on him for 2 or 3 rounds....