Marshawn Lynch to hold out of training camp

hawknation2014

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2m4a3pob said:
@ Johnny if you are so upset about Lynch holding out after he signed a contract, will you be as upset when the Seahawks cut him with a year left on his contract?

I would be much more upset at that, personally.

mrt144

Reaction score
Johnny":2q4i0273 said:
Smelly McUgly":2q4i0273 said:
Re: Radish, with all due respect, no, Lynch owes Seattle nothing. They traded for him because they saw in him an elite RB, not out of the goodness of their hearts to save him from Buffalo. He repaid them by playing really well and helping them keep their jobs.

Biggest load of crap of the day right there....... Pete and John gave this man (Lynch) the offense that suited him and made him the focus of a 'run first' team in a league of 'Pass first' and MADE Lynch into who he is......... In a time when everyone in the league is looking for speed at the runningback position ala. AP, LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, Etc.... The Seahawks gave this 'Slow Power Back' a chance and kept feeding him the ball to succeed.....

I don't think Lynch saved their jobs, I think Pete and John saved Lynch from a 'Bust label' and gave him a future.

Your lack of perspective is ridiculous. The relationship has been mutually beneficial and symbiotic. We all want our team to win and stuff like this gets in the way but I find it incredible that you seem to only consider management's side on this or credit them wholly with his performance.

mrt144

Reaction score
Johnny":auhv9itd said:
Smelly McUgly":auhv9itd said:
Johnny":auhv9itd said:
Smelly McUgly":auhv9itd said:
Re: Radish, with all due respect, no, Lynch owes Seattle nothing. They traded for him because they saw in him an elite RB, not out of the goodness of their hearts to save him from Buffalo. He repaid them by playing really well and helping them keep their jobs.

Biggest load of crap of the day right there....... Pete and John gave this man (Lynch) the offense that suited him and made him the focus of a 'run first' team in a league of 'Pass first' and MADE Lynch into who he is......... In a time when everyone in the league is looking for speed at the runningback position ala. AP, LeSean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, Etc.... The Seahawks gave this 'Slow Power Back' a chance and kept feeding him the ball to succeed.....

I don't think Lynch saved their jobs, I think Pete and John saved Lynch from a 'Bust label' and gave him a future.

Everything you typed was terrible. So, yeah.

Symbiosis. Lynch plays well, makes Carroll and JS look like the geniuses that they are, they negotiate better contracts or extensions, Lynch gets paid too.

This is why this board is so great to come too.... So many people here like you are so full of themselves that never seem to get the point at all.... just like you!

Someone who can consider both sides isn't full of themselves. Honeslty, we get it, you're single minded about who is in the wrong. I don't get people like you and I've tried to but it basically comes down to you not empathizing with people and preferring to only think about wins.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Do we get any money back from Rice that we could spend on Lynch? It doesn't worry me about him missing practice but it is one more added distraction for the team.

The Radish

Reaction score
I have to admit I didn't realize he was already getting five and a half million this year. I didn't check, I am taking what was posted earlier here. That seems like quite a bit of money already. I thought he was making less.

Again I don't know what the average standard is for running backs pay in the league right now. All the while agreeing that Lynch is not an "average" running back.

:les:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
He needs the time off. Dude is in shape and brings it. Turbin and Michael getting a ton of work in the preseason? Perfect. He's a proven vet that doesn't need no stinking camp and nearing the end of his contract, it is going to be a very long season. Dude will be there.

Whatever.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Lynch is making more guaranteed money than any other RB not named Peterson IIRC, but since the guaranteed money stops this year and he will be 29 when the season starts next year, he sees the writing on the wall. I think he wants some way to access at least some of that 9M that we all know he probably won't see next year.

Really, he and his agent should have done a better job of negotiating a contract that wasn't essentially for only three years, but he basically traded that fourth year for more guaranteed money off the top. Still, he had WAY more leverage back when he was 25/26 and a free agent, so that would have been the time to get more guaranteed money and get something, even a mil or two, guaranteed in that fourth year of the contract.

SeaChase

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3rbxejbl said:
kearly":3rbxejbl said:
HawkFan72":3rbxejbl said:
SeaChase":3rbxejbl said:
Isn't there a nice stat about players who hold out? Where they usually have a lackluster year...

Yeah Chris Clemons was terrible here.

And Walter Jones was terrible as well.

pwned.

This is true but I think it is relevant for RB's. They need a certain amount of contact before the season starts. Even the best probably need a bit of contact before they get pushed into game speed.

I already made a response on page one. We're not talking lineman here...and age is also creeping up on him. Not a good combination at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't have to agree with Lynch holding out but play nice or we will take the court and go home.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am on the fence with this, I understand Lynch's position, he will never have a stronger position to get additional money then now. Pete and John don't keep ageing vets, Clem and Red two examples, being a RB and going up against 30 with as much workload as he has had is an added strike.

I don't think he wants to break the bank, I think he wants some Marshawn Love from the front office more than anything else, he's quirky about respect and trust and all that based on what we have read over the last few years.

I think this is a transition year to Micheal and or Turbin also, Lynch knows it.

Pete also said that Lynch wasn't going to see much action this preseason as well, I am sure he has the playbook and knows of any changes, he already has a workout program that he does so it really won't affect more than getting to know his new FB maybe and lineman.

That is where I see the biggest issue, his trust level, he didn't have it with Coleman last year, and some Lineman, he needs that to be Beastmode and there is the problem.

Not being here he doesn't work with those players and doesn't develop that feeling of trust and it slows him down because he looks first runs second versus knowing that the hole will be there.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
It is what it is, and at the end of the day, when Lynch steps on the field, you know that's one guy that'll put in 110%. He's getting some good money already, but I understand why he would want a bit of a restructuring. In terms of base salary, I'm sure he wants to be up there with LeSean McCoy & Jamaal Charles + the respect factor. Also, there's always been that double standard in sports where a team can terminate a contract at anytime they see fit, but a player can't hold out when they see their value is worth more? Business is business.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Johnny":1uifq5ux said:
Great..... Fail!!!!!

If that's all you got bud.... Then I won this round!

I promise that you didn't.

Anyway, glad to see that most of the thread hasn't lost their minds over this. Most fanbases just absolutely flip out and turn on the player over these types of situations.

My take is that I don't mind Marshawn trying to get his at all, but I don't think that he has nearly enough leverage and I don't think that it's going to end well for him. Hopefully he realizes this soon enough and returns to the team. If he doesn't, then it will hurt, but it will hurt less than losing a top player that doesn't play such a replaceable position.

Meeker

Reaction score
Lynch got a front-loaded deal after performing at a high level for only half a season that gave him 17 mil over the first 2 years (8.5 per year). Now he wants more money when the deal becomes more team friendly and brings his per year down to a "measly" 7.5m per year? Not that I don't understand his reasoning, but its not like I'm feeling sorry for him...he has been compensated fairly.

m0ng0

Reaction score
It would help to know exactly what Lynch wants, what exactly does show me some love mean?

Barthawk

Reaction score
kearly":ozunregq said:
HawkFan72":ozunregq said:
SeaChase":ozunregq said:
Isn't there a nice stat about players who hold out? Where they usually have a lackluster year...

Yeah Chris Clemons was terrible here.

And Walter Jones was terrible as well.

pwned.

Walter never once staged a hold-out. He was never under contract those years when he was tagged. You cannot "hold-out" if you are not under contract.

General Manager

Reaction score
A couple million more this year in my guess. I could see him taking 1.8 probably not much less than that best case is 1.5 from a FO perspective. If he wants more than a couple mill he won't get it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
For all practical purposes, the difference between refusing to sign your Franchise tender (Big Walt) and holding out on an existing contract is meaningless. Unless you're talking about CBA fines, I'm not sure why one would draw a distinction there. That's semantics.

Anthony!

Reaction score
My feeling is he is being paid to p5 RB money, and he just singed a new contract 2 years ago, so how about living up to it and be happy to being paid like a top 5 RB that the players and your ranking and last years performance says you are.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
My 2 cents:

- He's already has a good contract, its not like he's getting RW pay
- If he's Bout that action, but wants more money. Do it like every other athlete, sponsorships, paid publicity events, autograph signings, etc.

Latest posts