Looking at this game as a pats fan

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nouiq6j said:
Strongarm2399":2nouiq6j said:
What I mean is the number one key to beating ne Is pressure with 4 with an emphasis on a & b gap pressure. Those Giants nascar dlines were literally in his face before he could finish a 3 step drop. I respect seattles offense but it's because of their division. I think nfcwest is overrated esp this year. Peyton manning had his way with sf and ari. Once sf has aldon bowman and willy on the field I may think otherwise

Bennett is probably the best A&B gap disruptor in the league........so he is a HUGE key for Seattle in creating pressure on Brady so he can't step up.

If I was NE, I'd force Bennett outside by going more with two TE's and Vereen, rather than spread and Blount up the middle, which is how they destroyed the Colts.

As far as the NFC West being overrated? The Hawks went 5-1, and should have gone 6-0, so that doesn't really prove anything. On the other hand the Pat's have been feasting on a terrible AFC Least for I can't even count how many years now.

They SHOULD be in the playoffs every year with home field advantage, cause every year they get a 4 game head start on the rest of the AFC.

Not disagreeing with afc east being weak just don't think this year there was much of a difference in division.

I haven't seen that from Bennett much in the film I watched. Either way if they are able to get that type of pressure up the middle New England will have no shot.

I don't see vereen getting more than 5 carries. They use lots of 2 tight end sets. Gronk is a 6th oline man in the run block. I'm really hoping they can find a way to get vernon in the offseason. Having hernandez in a matchup like this would be ideal

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1a3bj6cw said:
He was going to cross midfield gm sliding was idiotic and peppers was wrong for telling him to do it. If you don't think the packers choked that game away you are dreaming. That 2 pt conversion was pathetic.

You discreding the patriots succes over the last 15 years is just trolling.

Typical refrain like rest of the mediots and cheesehead fan base. Pepper's reaction was the smart reaction considering the potential for turning the ball back to the Seahawks. The game conditions were as bad or worse than Pats/Colts game with rain and wind contributing to 7 turnovers. The Pack just intercepted the ball, up 12pts with only minutes left in the game... Ball possession and security was crucial. A defender who rarely handles the ball on a slick day could have just as well fumbled it back unnecessarily.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2iap4z33 said:
Strongarm2399":2iap4z33 said:
He was going to cross midfield gm sliding was idiotic and peppers was wrong for telling him to do it. If you don't think the packers choked that game away you are dreaming. That 2 pt conversion was pathetic.

Typical refrain like rest of the mediots and cheesehead fan base. Pepper's reaction was the smart reaction considering the potential for turning the ball back to the Seahawks. The game conditions were as bad or worse than Pats/Colts game with rain and wind contributing to 7 turnovers. The Pack just intercepted the ball, up 12pts with only minutes left in the game... Ball possession and security was crucial. A defender who rarely handles the ball on a slick day could have just as well fumbled it back unnecessarily.

I look at it as a choke because I can promise that New England wins that game given the same circumstances

Schadie001

Reaction score
Come on really...you are putting down the NFC West, probably 4 of the best defenses in the league. Arizona had the best record in the league until they lost both starters. Their D kept them in it until the end. The Rams have a very tough up and coming team with a great core on the Defense. Sure SF had a down year, but they are definitely no NYJ, Buff, or Mia.

You have to come with something better than that coming from the JV division in the AFC.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3ja0mhsn said:
Not disagreeing with afc east being weak just don't think this year there was much of a difference in division.

I agree, but to conclude that means the Pats are on equal footing talent wise to the Hawks at this point in time I can't buy.

The Hawks ARE the more physically and athletically talented team, there is no equal in the league right now on this level. Now the Pat's have amazing coaches that can close that physicality and athletically gifted gap with gameplan and execution.

But this ain't a game they can make mistakes or not execute to perfection IMO, or else this Hawks team is going to feast once again. Meaning as the Hawk's showed last week, they can make mistakes and still have a chance because they're such a great 2nd half team.

On the other hand if the Pat's fall way behind? They are not going to come back on this defense like they have against inferior defenses.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Schadie001":2aptq3kr said:
Come on really...you are putting down the NFC West, probably 4 of the best defenses in the league. Arizona had the best record in the league until they lost both starters. Their D kept them in it until the end. The Rams have a very tough up and coming team with a great core on the Defense. Sure SF had a down year, but they are definitely no NYJ, Buff, or Mia.

You have to come with something better than that coming from the JV division in the AFC.

Yes buff is better than everyone in that division aside from u And Miami has a much better offense than anyone in that division. Arizonas record was fools gold. And stl and nyj are basically the same exact team lol

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":1dmcjn2a said:
Russ Willstrong":1dmcjn2a said:
Strongarm2399":1dmcjn2a said:

I look at it as a choke because I can promise that New England wins that game given the same circumstances

its all semantics really. choke, failure to win, whatever. Green bay didnt take their chances and let Seattle settle in. once they did, even with 6 minutes to go, there was no stopping them.

most good teams come out better there than Green bay did. but to say they "choked" the game away is the same as saying the Seahawks choked the first 55 away. in the end, the better team won.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I respect that Pats journey has mirrored that of the Seahawks. Disregard the flat balls and eligible/ineligible/eligible crap and IMO these are the best two teams. But seriously, the NFCCG Game was won by the Seahawks in the most difficult situation possible. Packers couldn't produce a TD drive in the final moments because our Defense stepped on their throats. That "pathetic 2pt pass" was a spiral thrown across the field off ballance while turning back into a hit. It hung in the air but traveled about 30 yds because of the wind gust but found its man to bring overtime. Our offense won it in overtime when it WOULD NOT BE STOPPED.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28mdx08e said:
Strongarm2399":28mdx08e said:

I agree, but to conclude that means the Pats are on equal footing talent wise to the Hawks at this point in time I can't buy.

The Hawks ARE the more physically and athletically talented team, there is no equal in the league right now on this level. Now the Pat's have amazing coaches that can close that physicality and athletically gifted gap with gameplan and execution.

But this ain't a game they can make mistakes or not execute to perfection IMO, or else this Hawks team is going to feast once again. Meaning as the Hawk's showed last week, they can make mistakes and still have a chance because they're such a great 2nd half team.

On the other hand if the Pat's fall way behind? They are not going to come back on this defense like they have against inferior defenses.

If either teams falls way behind it's game over. These are the two best second half teams in the league. On paper this game is a push. And the most talented players on both sides of the ball are both on New England imo

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":r28udw8z said:
And the most talented players on both sides of the ball are both on New England imo

Lynch and Earl got traded to the Patriots today??? Damn it!

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q3b5pdvz said:
Strongarm2399":q3b5pdvz said:
And the most talented players on both sides of the ball are both on New England imo

You seem smart I'm sure you don't believe this. Esp not lynch. I could see your case for earl but cmon

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bqppdn6 said:
Strongarm2399":1bqppdn6 said:

No. He obviously meant pothead Blount and Jones if you had been following.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2nwmhcra said:
Sgt. Largent":2nwmhcra said:
Strongarm2399":2nwmhcra said:

No. He obviously meant pothead Blount and Jones if you had been following.

I hardly think blount and jones are the most talented patriots

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":2kpv33x6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2kpv33x6 said:
Strongarm2399":2kpv33x6 said:

You seem smart I'm sure you don't believe this. Esp not lynch. I could see your case for earl but cmon

I am smart, at least that's what my mom tells me..........and I'd put the #1 RB in the league and #1 free safety in the league up as the best athletes on any field.

Any "talent" deficiency you may assign to Lynch is more than compensated for by his heart and nasty running style that inspires his entire team.

I assume you mean Revis and Brady? If so Revis is just now getting back to his old form, and has been beaten quite a few times this year, so I wouldn't quite yet proclaim him as the lockdown CB that everyone is anointing him to be this week......and Brady has looked mortal on just as many occasions as Russell has this year.

That's the thing with discussing arbitrary vague meaning words or phrases like "most talented" in sports. A concrete definition needs to be established first, rather than just leave it up for interpretation.

OP
OP
S

Strongarm2399

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ufnr7q2 said:
Strongarm2399":1ufnr7q2 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ufnr7q2 said:
Strongarm2399":1ufnr7q2 said:

I am smart, at least that's what my mom tells me..........and I'd put the #1 RB in the league and #1 free safety in the league up as the best athletes on any field.

Any "talent" deficiency you may assign to Lynch is more than compensated for by his heart and nasty running style that inspires his entire team.

I assume you mean Revis and Brady? If so Revis is just now getting back to his old form, and has been beaten quite a few times this year, so I wouldn't quite yet proclaim him as the lockdown CB that everyone is anointing him to be this week......and Brady has looked mortal on just as many occasions as Russell has this year.

That's the thing with discussing arbitrary vague meaning words or phrases like "most talented" in sports. A concrete definition needs to be established first, rather than just leave it up for interpretation.

I am referring to revis and gronk. Of course revis has been beat a few times. What he's asked to due every play is something no other corner in this league deals with.

dukestar

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":pv845ytb said:
loafoftatupu":pv845ytb said:
Strongarm2399":pv845ytb said:
Lol read how ridiculous your post sounds. You can't honestly believe the packers didn't choke that game away from Burnett sliding to their horrendous and soft play calls to a goofy third string tight end trying to be superman to playing covering 0 with Tramon williams. And you realize the patriots are the team that started the whole buying in thing right. They have been the team of the century tom Brady has more superbowl wins than the Hawks franchise. They have won these superbowls and gotten to 3 more with little to zero hof caliber players.

LOL? That's what you have? So you entire point was not to just "talk football" it was to sell your story, which is full of imagination and dreams. Essentially a troll. Only we are all just hanging here and responding.

You really don't watch do you? Or you see what you want to see?

So it was a choke that Burnett slid? Did you not see Peppers telling him to get down? You know why? Because the extra yards he had wouldn't have mattered. That guy wasn't going to the house or field goal range. If it is such a choke, why is an experienced player like Peppers telling him to get down? I know if it was one our guys with 5 minutes and a 12 point lead I would be asking for it too.

The Hawks drove the ball on GB when they weren't making turnovers. It is that simple. The only way GB could stop Seattle was to have Wilson give them the ball. As it turns out, he did it twice on his own and Kearse made it happen twice. Its over, the Packers could not stop Seattle from doing anything they wanted once the TOs stopped. The only real break the Seahawks got was the onside kick. Is it a choke? Because many other teams have failed to field them too. Why do you think they do it?

Did you really make references to what the Pats did in 2003 and 2004? The only thing the Pats have done against Seattle was lose since Wilson took over. There is no previous game, no stat, no cherry picking games from early in the season. All the talk and imagination is nothing more than that. The Hawks are the Super Bowl champs, the Pats are literally 10 years displaced.

Hey, the Pats can beat the Hawks on Sunday. Its football, but there isn't a chance that it is like any game they have played all season long. Enjoy that first half.

The 2 pt play made HaHaCD look feeble because of the wind. As HaHaCD went to jump he realized that he wasn't going to get the ball since the wind took it about a yard and half. In fact the NFCCG weather was brutal and played a huge part in how the game played out. Weather will not be an issue in SBXLIX.

dukestar

Reaction score
The value of Revis when playing a team like the Seahawks diminishes because we don't have a true #1 receiver. Who is Revis going to take out if this game? Does it matter who he lines up against? Having Revis would be a benefit if Seahawks had a Dez or Megatron not so much against Seahawks receivers.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":311s1hws said:
Sgt. Largent":311s1hws said:
Strongarm2399":311s1hws said:
Sgt. Largent":311s1hws said:

I am referring to revis and gronk. Of course revis has been beat a few times. What he's asked to due every play is something no other corner in this league deals with.
So due ye think Sherman could ever due what Revis due? Sherm might never own an island but he takes away half the field. He might never deal with as many injuries as Bevis but that's because he's willing to play hurt. It might be a myth but I was told Sherm actually stayed in a championship game once so to continue making plays....he even tackled a runner with one arm because his other arm was injured.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Strongarm2399":3j3wsjt1 said:

What does Revis deal with that every other CB in the league doesn't deal with?

He's expected to lockdown the other team's primary receiver, just like Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, Aquib Talib......and IMO the most underrated CB right now Brent Grimes.

Sherman is unique in that he stays on his side, but even taking him out of the equation Revis is a very good CB, but not any more unique than 5-10 other very good CB's in the league.

So I guess I'm confused by your "most talented" definition. If we're talking pure athleticism, then there's about 5-6 Hawks that'd be 1-5 before any Patriots.