Lockett responds to criticism about third down slide...

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I didn't think there was that much buzz about it - but Tyler ain't happy!

Even if he ditched it - I've seen him take plenty of hits to CATCH the ball -

From the Top Billin' segment that mentioned it - in slow motion? I would have gone down probly too. There was like 6 dudes there within 3 yards coming right after him.

I'm in Tyler's camp on this one. But that's just me - I can see the case for people saying it was soft too.

sutz

Reaction score
With a name like "yardbarker" I'm supposed to take this seriously? :LOL:

Seriously, Tyler is not gonna tank some play or game based on internet chatter. He fine. 🤷‍♂️

toffee

Reaction score
Sounded like Tyler isn't happy with the host of Top Billin', that man kept saying Tyler fell down quicker than a $2 hooker or something like that. But that host clearly is livin' in the past, no self respecting sex provider will do anything for $2, let alone down on all four.

sutz

Reaction score
Sounded like Tyler isn't happy with the host of Top Billin', that man kept saying Tyler fell down quicker than a $2 hooker or something like that. But that host clearly is livin' in the past, no self respecting sex provider will do anything for $2, let alone down on all four.
Yeah, he went a bit over the top on that call. I like him, but he's way off on that one.

cymatica

Reaction score
Not sure who is giving him flak for that but he should just ignore them because they are obviously clueless. Lockett makes enough clutch catches to forget about that one play and I would 100% rather have him avoid hits whenever he sees fit, he's earned it.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Brother toffee, you are easily one of my favorite posters anywhere on the internet!

Donn2390

Reaction score
We see this all the time, some fat, know it all drunk sitting on his sofa telling the world how the game should be played. They point out all of the supposed mistakes made by the players, the coaches, and the hot dog vendor.
The press loves it also, they need to turn something into their editor every day if they want to keep their job. Controversy sells and get clicks. Not much different than the way over blown reaction to a wrist band.
People who back other teams love to rag on the other guy, wants them to look bad, make them feel better about themselves. Many people are jealous of others success, be it an individual player of the whole team. There are those who are not as pleased as the 12's, to see the Hawks far exceed expectations. You can bet the people backing other teams in our division are not liking seeing us succeed.
Tyler is a superstar, he needs not apologize to anyone, we are so fortunate to have him.
The best outcome is Tyler is going to go into Sundays game with a huge chip and make his detractors pay big time.
GO HAWKS, GO TYLER...!

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
We have a multi-page thread on this very forum of clueless posters openly questioning everything from intelligence to desire to courage to commitment about Tyler so let's not pretend we're even a little surprised at this. These are probably the worst things you can ever question of a professional athlete.

I don't blame Tyler 1 bit for being offended by this kind of talk all because he made a mistake, & when I say mistake it's not the going down, it's him misjudging where the 1st down marker was because he obviously thought he had the 1st down yardage.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
What's worse?

Broncos fans trashing their new QB during a disappointing start to the season, or Seahawks fans questioning their best receiver's 'business decisions' while on a surprising roll?

JPatera76

Reaction score
The more I see the replay at first I was upset because it looked like he gave up on it.. BUT after watching the replays it looks more like he slipped.

sutz

Reaction score
The more I see the replay at first I was upset because it looked like he gave up on it.. BUT after watching the replays it looks more like he slipped.
That's what I first thought. 🤷‍♂️

renofox

Reaction score
There was like 6 dudes there within 3 yards coming right after him.
I also counted 6.

There was NO WAY he was getting that 1st down without getting broken.

Whether he really thought he had it or not, he made the correct decision.

sutz

Reaction score
I also counted 6.

There was NO WAY he was getting that 1st down without getting broken.

Whether he really thought he had it or not, he made the correct decision.
It kind of looked like he was going to try to dive under the incoming defenders and his cleats slipped in the turf. Whatever. He's earned the right to the occasional "business" decisions IMHO.

Mick063

Reaction score
I prefer a healthy Lockett, so I am not invested in his decision either way. Then again, it was to keep a drive alive, so the criticism is probably valid. The "business decision" was quickly redeemed, however, when he later took a big hit and still hung on to the ball. If you were questioning Tyler's toughness, that play should have answered it.
Tyler is tough. Tough enough to take a little criticism. He probably should have just let it go. He is basically revealing to opposing cornerbacks that you can get inside his head. Personally, I think this "Top Billin" guy knows more about the game than most folks do, and I like his sense of humor as well. I'll keep watching him.

If we should be raving about anyone, it should probably be about Cow Herd. No one does more disservice to Seahawk football than that guy does. He has more influence and reach then "Top Billin", and his narratives are based on speculation with butt hurt former rental players.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
I'm not sure what to think on this one. This can definitely be discussed without lying to ourselves though. He did not slip. He went down to avoid a hit.

I also am not buying his story that he thought he had it. I hope that Tyler is enough of a pro at this point in his career to know where the line to gain is on a third down. And, he went down well before the line.

If he hadn't gone down, would he have picked up the yardage? I don't know. Tyler is a lightweight WR and he had 4 DBs in front of him. On the other hand, his momentum was in the direction of the line to gain, often multiple defenders converging will result in a seam for the ball carrier since they cannot occupy the same space, and the defenders were not squared up. I doubt he picks up the yardage for a first, but no way to know for sure.

Tyler is making business decisions this year. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just acknowledging the truth.