Lets be real here

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1bgx9u7q said:
Last year, Bevell may have done his best job ever, keeping Russ on his feet with play design out of max protect.

Wow,,,,,just wow.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":31l0pxa8 said:
irocdave":31l0pxa8 said:
RussB":31l0pxa8 said:
gowazzu02":31l0pxa8 said:
Guys we always start slow. Remember last years home opener vs Miami? Almost a carbon copy of this game....

Also, lets not pretend that Atlanta wasn't a dropped TD with 10 seconds to go from losing to the Bears last week.

NFL is crazy, always has been. Things will work themselves out.
yes i agree, the past 2 years have been terrible starts and strong finishes, but what happened in the divisional both years?

We got destroyed by the panthers 31-0 then they playted prevent defense and let us get back in the game. I remember in the beggining of the game the o line got absolutely dismantled by kawaan short it was ugly. Then last year the falcons ran us out of their stadium. That will happen again unless serious changes are made, if this team stays as it stands on offense. They will probably make the playoffs, but get dismantled again in the divisional.

Is that the goal here? Why does everyone seem to be ok with getting stomped in the divisional the past 2 years, they are supposed to get past that and go to the NFC championship. You know what bill belichick did when pats lost to the broncos 2 seasons ago? He saw that brady got hit a record high in that game and immediately fired the o line coach the next day. What happened next year? They won the superbowl, because belichick doesnt hesitate to fix the issue even if that means being disloyal, pete cant seem to do that and its dragging the team down.

I wish we had a "like" button. You nailed it. Tom Cable and Bevelle should have been shit canned years ago. Funny how players get cut for much less, but so called coaches can keep the job and keep making the same mistakes year in and out.
And they keep on winning.
No, they keep struggling through the seasons having the defense bail them out most games. Then get stomped by elite teams in the second round. This team has bigger potential than the divisional round and they should have had multiple rings by now.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RussB":1896rblr said:
Siouxhawk":1896rblr said:
irocdave":1896rblr said:
RussB":1896rblr said:
yes i agree, the past 2 years have been terrible starts and strong finishes, but what happened in the divisional both years?

We got destroyed by the panthers 31-0 then they playted prevent defense and let us get back in the game. I remember in the beggining of the game the o line got absolutely dismantled by kawaan short it was ugly. Then last year the falcons ran us out of their stadium. That will happen again unless serious changes are made, if this team stays as it stands on offense. They will probably make the playoffs, but get dismantled again in the divisional.

Is that the goal here? Why does everyone seem to be ok with getting stomped in the divisional the past 2 years, they are supposed to get past that and go to the NFC championship. You know what bill belichick did when pats lost to the broncos 2 seasons ago? He saw that brady got hit a record high in that game and immediately fired the o line coach the next day. What happened next year? They won the superbowl, because belichick doesnt hesitate to fix the issue even if that means being disloyal, pete cant seem to do that and its dragging the team down.

I wish we had a "like" button. You nailed it. Tom Cable and Bevelle should have been shit canned years ago. Funny how players get cut for much less, but so called coaches can keep the job and keep making the same mistakes year in and out.
No, they keep struggling through the seasons having the defense bail them out most games. Then get stomped by elite teams in the second round. This team has bigger potential than the divisional round and they should have had multiple rings by now.
Expecting a Super Bowl season every year is just unrealistic. Pete's idea of success is to build the franchise so that they are a perennial contender to make the Super Bowl. That's where they are today. That's where they are with the guidance of this staff. That's the hallmark of a well-run team.

Seatown001

Reaction score
Reminding me a little too much of some 90s seahawks, I really hope something major is done for the offense as I just don't see anything getting done with this group, they need help

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":38s1ppmq said:
pittpnthrs":38s1ppmq said:
Siouxhawk":38s1ppmq said:

Less and less
That's not true. 11 wins in both '15 and '16.

10 wins in both 15 and 16 and multiple games last season with no TD's and actually getting beat up on. Its a regression no matter how you want to look at it. This year will follow suit.

ivotuk

Reaction score
:240039:

It's like this every time we don't blow someone out. Fire Pete, the run is over, the window is closed, Russell is done, the defense is struggling.

This team has won ugly since Pete got here. This team starts slow every year, because in spite of what the odds are, the other team has 53 NFL Calibre players.

SF has some damn good players in that front 7. EARLY 1st Round picks that will blow up any offensive line. John Lynch will be in the HOF , and just look at what Kyle Shanahan has done on the offensive side of the ball every where he has gone.

Joe Staley is still a good left tackle, not quite Pro Bowl anymore, but still good.

Yet people discount the 49ers as if they are supposed to fold up and go home.

Just watch how they show the rest of the season. They won't roll over for anybody.

And stop comparing a loss to the Packers to how GB played yesterday. It was a completely different team yesterday without Mike Daniels, and 5 other players. Geez. Green Bay at home vs us, is in no way comparable to an injured Green Bay vs a Healthy Atlanta team at home, in their brand new, enclosed stadium.

:34853_doh:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
ivotuk":6m9tlh3n said:

Just watch how they show the rest of the season. They won't roll over for anybody.

The 49ers wont win more than 3 or 4 games all season. They are one of the worst teams in the NFL. Talking them up makes us feel a little better but lets be honest.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2fejpy6w said:
Siouxhawk":2fejpy6w said:
pittpnthrs":2fejpy6w said:
Siouxhawk":2fejpy6w said:

Less and less

10 wins in both 15 and 16 and multiple games last season with no TD's and actually getting beat up on. Its a regression no matter how you want to look at it. This year will follow suit.
Your opinion. I don't believe it for a minute. And it was 11 wins counting the playoffs.

Seatown001

Reaction score
I'm still hopeful and think we have plenty of time to turn it around but holy crap that offense is real real bad and I also have faith in pete & john to somehow fix it

cymatica

Reaction score
ivotuk":11tib5r1 said:
:240039:

It's like this every time we don't blow someone out. Fire Pete, the run is over, the window is closed, Russell is done, the defense is struggling.

This team has won ugly since Pete got here. This team starts slow every year, because in spite of what the odds are, the other team has 53 NFL Calibre players.

SF has some damn good players in that front 7. EARLY 1st Round picks that will blow up any offensive line. John Lynch will be in the HOF , and just look at what Kyle Shanahan has done on the offensive side of the ball every where he has gone.

Joe Staley is still a good left tackle, not quite Pro Bowl anymore, but still good.

And stop comparing a loss to the Packers to how GB played yesterday. It was a completely different team yesterday without Mike Daniels, and 5 other players. Geez. Green Bay at home vs us, is in no way comparable to an injured Green Bay vs a Healthy Atlanta team at home, in their brand new, enclosed stadium.

:34853_doh:

I don't think they are done. There is no excuse for the o-line play though. For 6 years it's been below average or terrible, Wilson and Lynch just made it work. I watch other teams backups look better than our starters all the time. It's just old and people are frustrated because in a ball control offense you need to invest in the o-line, not players like Graham and Harvin. Well, Graham might work if they could figure out what EVERYONE knows about him. He had 0 redzone targets last game.

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3d1j27iu said:
pittpnthrs":3d1j27iu said:
Siouxhawk":3d1j27iu said:
pittpnthrs":3d1j27iu said:
Less and less

Your opinion. I don't believe it for a minute. And it was 11 wins counting the playoffs.

If you count playoff wins they still win less each year. :34853_doh:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":32osptmh said:
Siouxhawk":32osptmh said:
pittpnthrs":32osptmh said:
Siouxhawk":32osptmh said:

How do you see 11 in both seasons as being less? Your math teacher wouldn't be proud.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RussB":19n84w6j said:
WilsonMVP":19n84w6j said:
RussB":19n84w6j said:
Im taking the homer glasses off, this team is not a serious contender. They are a borderline playoff team, but wont get past the divisional round again unless the offensive problems are fixed asap. And judging by the last 2 years, its not looking good. They look worse than the past 2 years already on offense. The defense is great, but they cannot just win games by themselves.

GB manhandled them, look what ATL did to GB. Both those teams crush us to be honest. With this historically bad offense, we dont stand a chance against any serious NFC contender its just too much of a weakness. ATL would stomp this team as it is right now just like they did the last time we played them. This team is not a serious superbowl contender unless the offense can atleast become mediocre, and that honestly seems like a huge task right now.

Just venting, hope they turn it around. Oh and fire cable/bevell.

What other team in the NFC is a "contender" over us

Dallas just got POUNDED by Denver and lost by 25 points
GB just got POUNDED by ATL losing by 11 but were down 24 points going into the 4th quarter

ATL is probably the "front runner" right now but then again how good are they actually when they have faced the Bears and Packers. I didnt think the packers looked that great against us and we got hosed by refing so hard.

Is Carolina a darkhorse. They have only let up 6 points and are 2-0 but again..have only played 49ers and Bills so .... idk

This D is hands down the best in the NFC and when playoff time comes around defense becomes even more important. The offense sucks right now but they only have to be average for us to probably win 90 percent of our games.
All those teams probably beat us to be honest. They just went life and death with the niners bro .....THE NINERS . Only TD was a broken play its time to wake up, we cant even convincigly beat the niners anymore what makes you think we even beat dallas?

Dallas D which is average would probably dominate this crap offense just like the past 2 teams we faced, defense would eventually gas and then dallas runs it down seattles throat to win the game. Carolina would do the exact same, especially with carolinas D line....forget about it.
But you know none of this for a FACT.
Gut feelings, & hunches don't count....Not at this juncture of the year......Bias Officials & Packers beat the shit out of us, and then??, They (like I said would happen) shit to bed in game #2....It's amazing how much the Bias Officiating evaporates for Lord Rodgers when he's playing at a different venue, eh?

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3o3441zp said:
cymatica":3o3441zp said:
Siouxhawk":3o3441zp said:
pittpnthrs":3o3441zp said:

How do you see 11 in both seasons as being less? Your math teacher wouldn't be proud.

You obviously missed what the op you replied to was saying

As always you intentionally miss the point and strawman people

cymatica

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":kkvrldj3 said:
Siouxhawk":kkvrldj3 said:
pittpnthrs":kkvrldj3 said:
Siouxhawk":kkvrldj3 said:

Less and less

:ditto:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":50f0d9c7 said:
Siouxhawk":50f0d9c7 said:
cymatica":50f0d9c7 said:
Siouxhawk":50f0d9c7 said:

You obviously missed what the op you replied to was saying

As always you intentionally miss the point and strawman people
Actually, I think that is the only point. We are not regressing when we are a perennial contender for championships.

jeremiah

Reaction score
RussB":1gpr52u2 said:
gowazzu02":1gpr52u2 said:
Guys we always start slow. Remember last years home opener vs Miami? Almost a carbon copy of this game....

Also, lets not pretend that Atlanta wasn't a dropped TD with 10 seconds to go from losing to the Bears last week.

NFL is crazy, always has been. Things will work themselves out.

I would trade PC and Sherm to NE for Bellichek right now. What this team is missing is a firm hand. They have had too much freedom for too long and like a spoiled rotten kid are more worried about acting out than "sticking to business".

jeremiah

Reaction score
RussB":1rrvj7s2 said:
Siouxhawk":1rrvj7s2 said:
irocdave":1rrvj7s2 said:
RussB":1rrvj7s2 said:

We should have beat the Patriots, we lost because of gutting the O line. We had the money to keep them, instead giving the money to players that were already under contract and making room for RW future payday. IMO, we should have paid Russell rent a QB pay and looked for a franchise player, but I am in the minority on this one. He simply is not good enough to build a team around long term. When he is seriously hurt, his career is over. He will still scramble a bit, win a few games, but when the wheels go..he is below average. My prediction will come true in 2017 sadly, as he will likely have an ACL/MCL major injury. Maybe multiple concussions. With this O line, it is a good bet. I love the Hawks, but hate the short sided thinking of PC.

Seafan

Reaction score
RussB":25wts04f said:
Im taking the homer glasses off, this team is not a serious contender. They are a borderline playoff team, but wont get past the divisional round again unless the offensive problems are fixed asap. And judging by the last 2 years, its not looking good. They look worse than the past 2 years already on offense. The defense is great, but they cannot just win games by themselves.

GB manhandled them, look what ATL did to GB. Both those teams crush us to be honest. With this historically bad offense, we dont stand a chance against any serious NFC contender its just too much of a weakness. ATL would stomp this team as it is right now just like they did the last time we played them. This team is not a serious superbowl contender unless the offense can atleast become mediocre, and that honestly seems like a huge task right now.

Just venting, hope they turn it around. Oh and fire cable/bevell.

The way they are playing they won't make the playoffs. If the OL improves they will likely make the playoffs as long as RW and ET are healthy. If they make the playoffs they will have as good a chance to win it all as anyone.