League Testing Earl Thomas for HGH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chawks1":10p4121f said:
Doesn't matter. Even if something was found I believe this would be his first time and no action is taken first time around.

Total BS though. Have they tested Gronk lately?
Yep, when was the last time Gronk was tested? I think the league is well aware that his test would come back positive, so they won't test him. I wonder if any Pat was tested for HGH, and if they did it would be the punter or back up QB.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
marko358":34yhxn6o said:
It would suck if something came up and I'd be severely disappointed in Earl but why not just check everyone on both teams. Screw this "random" approach.
Because Gronk and possibly Tawmy might not pass the test.

kearly

Reaction score
Any time a player recovers quickly, he can expect to be 'randomly' tested. Doesn't bother me.

Dohboy ftw.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1yivscte said:
Any time a player recovers quickly, he can expect to be 'randomly' tested. Doesn't bother me.

Dohboy ftw.

I wouldn't have a problem with there being a policy of testing quick healers or for any reason at all, but when you call it random and any fool can see it's not random, that is where I find issue with the way it's done.

morgulon1

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2o4ycqp6 said:
kidhawk":2o4ycqp6 said:
fridayfrenzy":2o4ycqp6 said:
Seanhawk":2o4ycqp6 said:
Do people really think he'd send a tweet out about the test if there was even a chance of the test coming back positive? I don't.

Even if he tests positive, I don't think he'd be suspended for the Super Bowl. He would just appeal it to move it to next year, so I don't think he's worried about missing the game but he could be legitimately worried about being suspended.

I find this unlikely. The league, by rule, cannot release the findings of PED tests that result in suspensions. By tweeting he's being tested for HGH,, he's limiting his ability to claim anything else if it was shown to be positive.

I highly doubt Earl used it. If it were the off season, I could see the possibility being higher, but the time between the NFCCG and the Super Bowl he's probably seen team doctors on a daily basis and there's no way the team would give him anything to get him suspended.
I have the opposite line of thinking. This is the biggest game of his career and he wants to be healthy to play and win. If there was ever a time to take your chances and deal with the consequences later it would be these past two weeks.

Agreed, I would do it if a SB were on the line. Pay the piper when it's time.

mikeak

Reaction score
Don't care if they follow random rules or not. Any cheater that is caught is good need no matter how.

Let's go back and read comments about NE deflating footballs and then compare to some of the same people complaining here.... Cheating is cheating

Hawks46

Reaction score
I wonder if HGH is legitimate if it's prescribed by a doctor specifically for speeding up the healing of an injury.

It's legal if prescribed, and you're not doing it to gain a competitive advantage, you're doing it to heal more quickly.

I honestly think Adrian Peterson took HGH to heal his ACL up. I don't really care if they're doing it to recover from injury; these guys get torn up enough as it is. They'll go get surgery for something you and I never would, just so it can be ready to play on more quickly.

Polaris

Reaction score
PowerRun":2g1zshp7 said:
Cheating is fine if Seattle does it, right morgulon1?

No one is condoning cheating. What some of us are objecting to is what seems to be (at least on the surface) the NFL going on a fishing expedition to try to find something to hit the Seahawks (and Earl Thomas) with.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
PowerRun":6ydg3qc5 said:
Your opinions and perceptions don't matter here, Pats homer. Especially when they are sarcastic. Buzz off.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Polaris":g4a1wtgh said:
PowerRun":g4a1wtgh said:

No one is condoning cheating. What some of us are objecting to is what seems to be (at least on the surface) the NFL going on a fishing expedition to try to find something to hit the Seahawks (and Earl Thomas) with.
It's Robert Crafts hotline to his stooge Goodell. He noticed Earl's self assessment of 'ten' between shots if Geritol. 'Get on it Roge; it's only random when I want it to be. '

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Polaris":2iylotzd said:
PowerRun":2iylotzd said:

That's right, but the NFL Officials that are doing this to distract, and run interference, just to take the focus off doing their not doing their job of exposing Tom Brady for giving instructions to his underlings in "Deflate Gate"
That white part of chicken shit?, yeah, it's still chicken shit.

chris98251

Reaction score
PowerRun":3ff1e83l said:

We have a Smack Shack for this kind of post, but we would not expect anything less from a Pats fan who's team has already been caught with their hand in the Cookie Jar.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1at5p75y said:
pmedic920":1at5p75y said:
If it wasn't for my love of the Seahawks, I would 100% give up on the NFL.

I'd get my football "fix" from the NCAA.

:13:
Another :13: from me. There are no coincidences. Screw you yet again Rog, you giant pile of shite.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The NFL doesn't realize by screwing with Seattle they are actually screwing NE, as that chip on the Hawks shoulder just got bigger and it's going to be taken out on the Patsies on Sunday! :th2thumbs: