Earl Thomas looking for a comeback.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Hopefully he just gets the middle finger from every team in the league. He is washed up and a shitty teammate. He should stick to tagging women with his brother.
THIS!!!!!! ^^^^

And, for the record - she shoulda popped that cap in his ass in the hotel room!!!!! Just sayin.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
If Earl came to PC and apologized..Playing for a cheap one year deal.
I'd give him a shot but he better be humble second time around.

Last edited:

rcaido

Reaction score
Once Earl left, our CB were absolute trash. We really suffered and i thought he was a cornerstone player. Not sure why John decided not to resign him, he was still prime before the season started and was playing all-pro before the injury. Pay the guy and no drama.

John/Pete really dont have loyalty towards the players that made the team great...If you think about it, Sherman, Bennett, Thomas, Wright, Wagner, & Wilson all got the dirty.

Stud

Reaction score
For some time Earl Thomas was my favorite NFL player.

Man, I loved watching that guy play. I never get tired of watching the video in which he hits Gronkowski, then the huge guy stays down, looking for the pieces of his soul that were knocked loose while the little guy pops right up and struts away.

And yet the Patriots not only won the Super bowl that year, they've won 3 since Seattle won. Plus Gronk won one with TB. Looks like Gronk got the last laugh.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
For some time Earl Thomas was my favorite NFL player.

Man, I loved watching that guy play. I never get tired of watching the video in which he hits Gronkowski, then the huge guy stays down, looking for the pieces of his soul that were knocked loose while the little guy pops right up and struts away. I also never get tired of watching Earl make the most amazing play in NFL history twice. In both cases, a Rams RB is close to the Seahawks' end zone, reaching out to help the ball cross the plane of the goal line, and ETIII chops the RB's arm, knocking the ball loose before it can cross the plane. In both cases, the ball goes into and then out of the end zone, and it's a touchback, Seahawks ball at the 20 and the Rams get nothing. I have to admit I also enjoy watching him destroy Eddie Lacy. ETIII highlight videos are just fun to watch.

And ETIII was such a big part of what made the 2012-2015 Seahawks teams so good. First, opposing QBs pretty much had to give up the deep middle. Also, the CBs could apply aggressively tight coverage, knowing that if something bad happened, ETIII would be there to save the day, and Earl's ridiculous range gave Chancellor the freedom to play his unusual role. ETIII made the rest of the defense, especially the rest of the secondary, better.

All that said, it was time for him to go when he went, and as others have noted, he's been out of the game for a couple of years now, plus he's 33, so I'm not expecting him to be the star he once was if he gets a chance to play in the NFL again. However, he could still probably help some teams, and if he's willing to take a relatively low salary with very little guaranteed, somebody might just give him a chance. Honestly, at this point, unless he's burned through all the money he made previously and needs desperately to make more, I consider it more likely that he'd see such an offer as insulting and end up not playing.
I think what made that defense work came down to two things. Earl's athleticism and in-play instinct and Kam's physicality and football intelligence. The rest of the defense fed off of those two things, and of those two things I think Kam was the most important.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
How many times did Thomas crash into Kam going for the ball...Kam in perfect position for an int and Thomas coming in and clobbering Kam..

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
How many times did Thomas crash into Kam going for the ball...Kam in perfect position for an int and Thomas coming in and clobbering Kam..
Was it a collision with Kam or was that someone else that caused the broken leg vs Carolina. The drop off in the pass D the rest of that season was remarkable.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
He could probably back up for a bottom feeder like the Jets. I don't really care anymore. What he did with the Cowgirl locker room and the flip off of Pete were the last straws. If any of us flipped of our boss, we'd probably be gone immediately.

toffee

Reaction score
The Ravens paid him several million dollars to NOT have him be on the team.
So true, Earl totally embarrassed himself, on and off the field. I wonder if he could still play? Any juice left in his tank? Whatever he had, wasn't enough for the ravens, that's for sure.

nwHawk

Reaction score
He made his path, and then took the hard road. Sad. Absolute stud in his hay day. Glad to see Kam is grounded. Earl, Sherm, and Browner all have had visits from the law.

Latest posts