KJ's latest

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Pretty blunt from KJ and I love hearing from a guy like him who lived through the best of times. Really disappointing one of the only leaders is a rookie. Thinking back I’ve only really seen one or two dust ups and it’s always been Devon involved, so good for him shouldering a leadership role already.

About as clear of a shot as you can make against Diggs and Adams not being leaders, Bobby can only do so much if none of his counterparts buy in. So not only are they poor examples in the locker room, their play on the field is bottom of the league.

Interesting point about Pete needing to step in now, I get the sense KJ feels these signs should have been more obvious, needed to happen sooner, and Pete doesn’t have a locker room of grown men to lead by example. There’s still very much a shot at the playoffs and with everything else in life, winning will “fix” these problems, but a prime time loss against the Eagles at home probably starts a terrible trend into the offseason. Heads gotta roll man. Buy in or get the hell outta here.
Yes Spoon is a leader already and you can see he cares a lot about
doing well out there.
It's too bad we don't have more with his mindset.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I also don't think this team needs to be completely blown up. We need a few things, mainly a new ILB and safety, along with some key free agent additions to the D-Line. Honestly, not sure why Bush hasn't been getting more play on passing downs.

When you add in QB for another need it becomes more than just a few things. It seems daunting.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
I think this team still needs a couple more drafts like the last two that we had including drafting a highly ranked QB. Unfortunately, we won't have the nice picks we had the last couple.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
yeah but does he really have long enough to realistically rebuild? at some point he's going to really start to slow down. If he feels this way I honestly think he should quit and let John rebuild. Or move FO or something. He is just getting older. At some point, just retire. He must really love his job because think of how many millions of Americans are dreaming of retirement.
IF players QUIT

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He lost the team a long time ago, imo.
Wow, completely disagree. Frankly agree with KJ that the guys who should be leading the D are not. To me the O has sorted out their issues and are not playing poorly. The D is certainly not, time for some butts to be sat down big game cheques or not.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
KJ's body language and expressions when Salk suggested Diggs or Adams were leaders said it all.

A few, not so easy fixes. 1) Sit Diggs and Adams. Replace them with younger, hungrier, more athletic safeties (Bryant, Mike Jackson, and Love). 2) Use Bobby more often as a blitzer, putting him in coverage less often. And, scheme coverages to put Bobby in better matchups. I don't think taking the defensive leader and one of the team's best pass rushers and run stoppers off the field is a good decision, just play to his strengths. 3) I have a third, but it's a little too bold to initiate mid-season.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Griff who many Seahawks go to on twitter for football knowledge (and it’s deserved) thinks Diggs has been really good this year. I don’t agree as he’s literally on an island but it goes to show how nuanced and complicated this stuff can be. I write that to say I’d bench Diggs/Adams just to prove a point if anything.

I’d be curious to hear what the third point is regardless

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
When you add in QB for another need it becomes more than just a few things. It seems daunting.
Sometimes a QB is all you need for a spark. Look at how the Texans turned themselves around with just one draft. They went to bottom feeders to playoff contenders. Another example is Mahomes, he completely turned the Chiefs from playoff pretenders to contenders. Remember, no team is perfect and even the top teams have holes somewhere. You just need to be passable in certain areas and strong in others.

The Seahawks have the talent to be a top offense in the NFL. Our play calling is just atrocious, we are awful at situational football. Shane is probably the worst OC that we have had underneath Pete Carroll. Our offensive output isn't a good indication what this team is capable of. DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett and JSN, is on paper one of the best WR groups in the NFL. Even with Smith or Lock, I'm confident this could be a top 5-10 offense even with some of the injuries.

In addition to this, our TE's are crazy good. All three of our TE's, Fast, Parkinson and Dissley are capable pass catchers. All of these guys have made really big time plays over the last few years. Despite having one of the deepest TE groups in the NFL we often time sideline them. Half the time I don't even think I see a TE on the field. This is absurd given the TE's versatile role in an offense and the options that it can give the Seahawks. Some teams have offenses that run through the usage of their TE.

This team is also fairly deep at the RB position. Walker is close to a 1000 yard rusher and Charbonett is proving to be a force up the middle. It's all about utilization. Our players on offense are not being used properly. It's bad when every fan with eyes can diagnose the issues with the play calling and what type of plays you should be using. If we as laymen can do that, imagine what someone can do that has been a DC at the highest levels of the NFL?

On defense we aren't as bad as the numbers say either. Our CB's corp is very good on paper, our D-Line isn't exactly terrible. It's not good but it's not bad. Depth is a major issue, but with the current players, I think we could salvage the unit. Our LB's are an issue, if Wagner and Brooks go -- we have virtually nobody. Brooks, I think has us in a good position for him going into free agency. Our safeties need to be swapped out. This portion of the team isn't going to be the strong suit, it's going to be the offense. I think we have the pieces to turn the defense into a serviceable unit in the future.

This team isn't as bad as it looks right now. There is just some serious coaching issues afoot on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. It looks like amateur hour out here.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Griff who many Seahawks go to on twitter for football knowledge (and it’s deserved) thinks Diggs has been really good this year. I don’t agree as he’s literally on an island but it goes to show how nuanced and complicated this stuff can be. I write that to say I’d bench Diggs/Adams just to prove a point if anything.

I’d be curious to hear what the third point is regardless
If you're talking about this Griff, I agree.

Ozzy

Reaction score
That's Griff! He does some awesome work. I think he's a little biased at times but overal the dude knows a ton of football and is a great resource. I say biased because if you follow him he paints a picture that most defensive players are playing better than we think but that baffles me because as a unit they're almost dead last. It could be the format with twitter and its hard to get someones intent and if we had him on here for example it would make much more sense. To me, and the results seem to agree, not many on the defense are playing well at all.Anyway he's forgotten more about football than I know so I might be way off.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I think he has a Percy Harvin-esque malcontent on the locker room, and in my opinion that's Jamal Adams. No intel to base this on, just a gut feeling.
Yeah , who else could it be ? An overpaid malcontent who has shown his ass several times.

Back to KJ's day ...

Was it Harvin causing all the problems or maybe Browner. Who seemed like he could be confrontational as well . He was also shipped off .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Nothing he says resonates with me. Probably like many of his players. It's all talk. Not saying he wasn't a great coach.
It's just way past time to move on.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sometimes a QB is all you need for a spark. Look at how the Texans turned themselves around with just one draft. They went to bottom feeders to playoff contenders. Another example is Mahomes, he completely turned the Chiefs from playoff pretenders to contenders. Remember, no team is perfect and even the top teams have holes somewhere. You just need to be passable in certain areas and strong in others.

The Seahawks have the talent to be a top offense in the NFL. Our play calling is just atrocious, we are awful at situational football. Shane is probably the worst OC that we have had underneath Pete Carroll. Our offensive output isn't a good indication what this team is capable of. DK Metcalf, Tyler Lockett and JSN, is on paper one of the best WR groups in the NFL. Even with Smith or Lock, I'm confident this could be a top 5-10 offense even with some of the injuries.

In addition to this, our TE's are crazy good. All three of our TE's, Fast, Parkinson and Dissley are capable pass catchers. All of these guys have made really big time plays over the last few years. Despite having one of the deepest TE groups in the NFL we often time sideline them. Half the time I don't even think I see a TE on the field. This is absurd given the TE's versatile role in an offense and the options that it can give the Seahawks. Some teams have offenses that run through the usage of their TE.

This team is also fairly deep at the RB position. Walker is close to a 1000 yard rusher and Charbonett is proving to be a force up the middle. It's all about utilization. Our players on offense are not being used properly. It's bad when every fan with eyes can diagnose the issues with the play calling and what type of plays you should be using. If we as laymen can do that, imagine what someone can do that has been a DC at the highest levels of the NFL?

On defense we aren't as bad as the numbers say either. Our CB's corp is very good on paper, our D-Line isn't exactly terrible. It's not good but it's not bad. Depth is a major issue, but with the current players, I think we could salvage the unit. Our LB's are an issue, if Wagner and Brooks go -- we have virtually nobody. Brooks, I think has us in a good position for him going into free agency. Our safeties need to be swapped out. This portion of the team isn't going to be the strong suit, it's going to be the offense. I think we have the pieces to turn the defense into a serviceable unit in the future.

This team isn't as bad as it looks right now. There is just some serious coaching issues afoot on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. It looks like amateur hour out here.

We agree to disagree here. I still feel the QB position is a grave weakness. The really good to great teams have QB's that can make things happen when the system breaks down. Geno and Lock are not one of those. They are mediocre, system QB's that are dependent on the system\scheme working all the time. Once it breaks down, they do too.

Another issue with Seattle is that it's always another season of players not being used correctly no matter who the coordinators are. As you said, there is coaching issues on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball (what does that leave,,,special teams?), but that's every single year with Seattle and Pete Carroll. It's past time to look at the root of the problem. I really can't believe it's taken people this long.

This team is every bit as bad as it looks right now. They can't beat the upper tier teams and they struggle with the rest. This team is exactly what the record shows.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Carroll said for his presser today (12/14) said he’s going to talk to KJ about what KJ said on his podcast….

Hahahahahaha.

This should be interesting.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
This is a big reason I wanted guys like Shelby Harris back. While he may not be a world breaker at his position, he wasn't afraid to call guys out. You need that accountability on the team, otherwise when the going gets tough, guys will sink into oblivion. You see it on the sidelines this year when the team is down. No juice. No fire. No fight.

"If you ain't gonna hit no body, sit your a** here!"

"We gotta help our offense"

That's exactly what this team needs to hear. Shame that they didn't bring that voice back.

James in PA

Reaction score
Carroll said for his presser today (12/14) said he’s going to talk to KJ about what KJ said on his podcast….

Hahahahahaha.

This should be interesting.
Yea, he tried to downplay the whole thing in typical coach-speak fashion. Acted like this was all news to him and kind of chuckled while saying he needs to speak with KJ about his comments. Then proceeded to kiss Jamal's ass saying it's admirable how he's come so far back from his injury and that it's essentially a 2 year recovery until he's fully back. This was Damage Control 101 and didn't give me any hope for Jamal being benched.

xray

Reaction score
He lost the team a long time ago, imo.
He lost the organization after " that play " a long long time ago . The Hawks should of had 3 rings by now . imo But that's whole other thread to startup . :)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Yea, he tried to downplay the whole thing in typical coach-speak fashion. Acted like this was all news to him and kind of chuckled while saying he needs to speak with KJ about his comments. Then proceeded to kiss Jamal's ass saying it's admirable how he's come so far back from his injury and that it's essentially a 2 year recovery until he's fully back. This was Damage Control 101 and didn't give me any hope for Jamal being benched.
Yeah, talk about your habitual “back-stepper.”

If you’re going to say Adams needs to play better and then say it’s admirable he even came back, what are you really trying to say? It’s okay for Adams to suck cause it’s amazing he came back from an injury? Sounds like it’s excuses Carroll is making.

This guy Carroll has his head up so far his own ass, Carroll, can’t even stick to his own convictions.

Must be forgetting things, already, or purposely, down playing everything cause the locker room was entirely built by Carroll and it’s in total shambles and is crumbling every single game.

Carroll is a joke.

xray

Reaction score
^
And the joke ain't funny anymore . PC is 72 years old . He ain't gonna change . Old age has got him by the balls and he doesn't realize it yet . Just a friendly reminder on this...PC has a contract through 2025 .