KJ's latest

Welshers2

Reaction score
DAMN. If this is true it really says a lot. I'd quit if I was Pete, because if he doesn't like his current guys it's going to take a long time to bring in a new locker room and he isn't getting any younger. Time to hang it up if that's how he feels.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
If it's true that Pete is not liking a good segment of his players then it really does become blow it up time. Keep your stars and build from there, starting with the trenches.
Unfortunately, a Venn of the "stars" and the "problem children" has a HUGE overlap.

Welshers2

Reaction score
If it's true that Pete is not liking a good segment of his players then it really does become blow it up time. Keep your stars and build from there, starting with the trenches.
yeah but does he really have long enough to realistically rebuild? at some point he's going to really start to slow down. If he feels this way I honestly think he should quit and let John rebuild. Or move FO or something. He is just getting older. At some point, just retire. He must really love his job because think of how many millions of Americans are dreaming of retirement.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
yeah but does he really have long enough to realistically rebuild? at some point he's going to really start to slow down. If he feels this way I honestly think he should quit and let John rebuild. Or move FO or something. He is just getting older. At some point, just retire. He must really love his job because think of how many millions of Americans are dreaming of retirement.

Sorry I should have been more clear. I am including Pete with the blow it all up sentiment.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The LOB team held each other accountable. ADB, ET, Kam, Red Bryant, etc.

This new team lacks those types of players. Bobby is a lead by example type. Diggs is a lead by horrible example type.

If players are not buying in, the message Pete needs to send is that jobs are on the line. He has not been effective in making this clear.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
I think he has a Percy Harvin-esque malcontent on the locker room, and in my opinion that's Jamal Adams. No intel to base this on, just a gut feeling.
Agree with your view on Adams. But I think there's a lot more than just 1 cancer. It's metastasized and we're at, at least, Stage 4.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Agree with your view on Adams. But I think there's a lot more than just 1 cancer. It's metastasized and we're at, at least, Stage 4.
Totally agree. Adams has probably recruited a few followers to his negativity gang and that's a big part of the problem.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pretty blunt from KJ and I love hearing from a guy like him who lived through the best of times. Really disappointing one of the only leaders is a rookie. Thinking back I’ve only really seen one or two dust ups and it’s always been Devon involved, so good for him shouldering a leadership role already.

About as clear of a shot as you can make against Diggs and Adams not being leaders, Bobby can only do so much if none of his counterparts buy in. So not only are they poor examples in the locker room, their play on the field is bottom of the league.

Interesting point about Pete needing to step in now, I get the sense KJ feels these signs should have been more obvious, needed to happen sooner, and Pete doesn’t have a locker room of grown men to lead by example. There’s still very much a shot at the playoffs and with everything else in life, winning will “fix” these problems, but a prime time loss against the Eagles at home probably starts a terrible trend into the offseason. Heads gotta roll man. Buy in or get the hell outta here.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
By stars I mean Spoon, DK and that's about it. :LOL:
I'd agree and maybe even add in the almost-but-could-be stars:

Nwosu
Mafe
Leonard
Tre
JSN
?

That's about it. None of these guys have really taken a leadership role because they've been "outshone" by loudmouth @ssholes and players with no true leadership ability.

Aircrew

Reaction score
So Pete doesn't like a bunch of guys that he assembled. Interesting.
People and relationships change, man. Hell, look at marriages. You can partner up with someone in life, have children, build and empire and BAM, divorce. Human beings are complex creatures and getting that many dudes to work together is a tough, tough task.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Diggs and Adams both brought their losing Lions/Jets culture to this team. Geno is the same way hence KJ's wincing when he got brought up. The second anything goes wrong he's pouting on the sidelines feeling sorry for himself. I don't know if Pete leaving is the answer or not but these three can't be back next season, restructure or not.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
People and relationships change, man. Hell, look at marriages. You can partner up with someone in life, have children, build and empire and BAM, divorce. Human beings are complex creatures and getting that many dudes to work together is a tough, tough task.

Since I recently went through a divorce after 30 years, two kids and a granddaughter, I have to agree with you. Only difference in that example is it took my cheating, whore of an ex-wife 30 years before she lost her mind. The players took only a few years.

Mizak

Reaction score
do you guys think Riq is jealous of all the attention Spoon is getting? Last year, he was the CB of the team. This year, Spoon took that shine away from him and hence, Riq half a$$ing some of the plays, especially his tackling. I know a star WR might get jealous if the other WR on the team gets more targets. Do CBs feel the same way?