KJ's latest

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
The LOB team held each other accountable. ADB, ET, Kam, Red Bryant, etc.

This new team lacks those types of players. Bobby is a lead by example type. Diggs is a lead by horrible example type.

If players are not buying in, the message Pete needs to send is that jobs are on the line. He has not been effective in making this clear.
Agreed. Benching for the opening series, or even an entire game, is the traditional method for sending a strong message.

PC hasn't done it. It should have been done 10+ games ago. A mid-season cut is the next step, and that sends F7CKING MESSAGE!!!

He only started talking tough when he started getting some very kindly delivered but probing questions.

Softballs pissed him off. Will he actually do anything productive? Or just be pissed off that the media guys who have been stroking his ego for years are now hinting that hardballs may be soon to follow?

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
Diggs and Adams both brought their losing Lions/Jets culture to this team. Geno is the same way hence KJ's wincing when he got brought up. The second anything goes wrong he's pouting on the sidelines feeling sorry for himself. I don't know if Pete leaving is the answer or not but these three can't be back next season, restructure or not.
Geno - Outstanding at leadership by example. A failure at not sulking, keeping an aggressive and positive attitude, and holding others to account in a professional and respectful manner.

Adams - All hat, no cattle. His "big mouth" to "no play" ratio has to be the largest I have ever seen in the NFL. Players sometimes make "business decisions", but not on nearly EVERY frigging play. This is not an effective leader. But PC put him in that role.

Diggs - wtf happened? This guy started out great! Steady decline. A theme for Seahawks DBs since the 2017 draft. A has-been pretending to be good while being paid near the top of his position is neither a role model nor a leader. Again, PC put him in that role.

For all PC's attempts to create locker room leadership, the result has been less than acceptable.

OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
do you guys think Riq is jealous of all the attention Spoon is getting? Last year, he was the CB of the team. This year, Spoon took that shine away from him and hence, Riq half a$$ing some of the plays, especially his tackling. I know a star WR might get jealous if the other WR on the team gets more targets. Do CBs feel the same way?
I doubt it. Shoulder injury and shitty coaching 100% explains Riq's "sophomore slump".

CactusJack

Reaction score
do you guys think Riq is jealous of all the attention Spoon is getting? Last year, he was the CB of the team. This year, Spoon took that shine away from him and hence, Riq half a$$ing some of the plays, especially his tackling. I know a star WR might get jealous if the other WR on the team gets more targets. Do CBs feel the same way?
Is he jealous? No. His flaws have just shown up more this year. Tackling has always been somewhat of an issue with him. His college tape wasn't that great to begin with. It's why he fell in the draft (5th round).

Spoon is legit. He's going to be one of the faces of the franchise going forward.

keasley45

Reaction score
Ive said exactly what KJ said for weeks now. Pete doesnt have generals at the coordinator level or on the field to balance the positivity culture. He had it in Quinn. Less so in Bradley. He had it in Schotty. Less so in Waldron, if at all. And he had a lockerroom full of guys in the LOB days that bought his message and maintained it the way ADB said they did. The problem with this team is theyve brought in guys that arent bought in and are half assing it, and rather than assuming accountability, tearing down the system.

The thing is, it's not just about Pete leaving. If the cancers on the team stay, it's not like things are going to get better.

But this is what I've been saying for a while. Pete's issue isn't that he doesn't like change or being challenged. It's that he doesn't like the friction that comes with certain kinds of personalities. That's not to say he can't coach a hard nosed player. But someone like jamal? And there's no one else between jamal and Pete to manage him. I don't think he's Petes cup of tea at all. And whatever dissention he, Diggs, Woolen or whoever else is 'off board' is being spun up needs to be handled by Pete or whoever comes in here next.

And I understand Adams isn't gonna be around. I get Diggs may also find his way out, but the other apples that are spoiling ... its not good no matter who is here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
renofox

renofox

Reaction score
I don't know anything, but I've seen multiple data that shows PC avoids direct negative->negative confrontation and no data that shows he engages in such.

He's a negative->positive guy and great at it, but you need more in your toolbox in many situations.

I just think PC has lost control and doesn't have the tools to regain it, short of massive turnover.

The same thing happened with the LOB-era. He only resolved the situation by getting rid of a lot of players.

Hawknight

Reaction score
If it's true that Pete is not liking a good segment of his players then it really does become blow it up time. Keep your stars and build from there, starting with the trenches.
I've felt like this was needed some time ago.

knownone

Reaction score
This is what losing does to teams.

Does Seattle have a leadership problem? Who knows. What is very clear is the defense got shellacked in four of their last six games against the #1 (twice), #5, and #6 offenses, with #8 coming to town Monday night. So it's also possible that an average defense is getting exposed by elite offenses, and they've played so many of them in a short window that they're in crisis mode.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DAMN. If this is true it really says a lot. I'd quit if I was Pete, because if he doesn't like his current guys it's going to take a long time to bring in a new locker room and he isn't getting any younger. Time to hang it up if that's how he feels.
Here's another angle Welshers, Are there any other 'Team Captain' type players that will accept Pete's challenge, own up to their sub-play & missed assignments and pick up the baton & finish the race, or have they just decided to become mush-mouth followers?
Pete; I cut y'all a LOT of slack (My Bad) I MISTAKENLY thought that I had me a group of 'Bought In' PLAYERS, not guys that are here to just cash checks, Sad to think that I had your backs, only to discover that it was a ONE WAY, and my ASS is now hanging out here in the wind.
You have doubts? let's get them out here in the light and find a way to clear those doubts from your minds.
Pete's a Uniter, NOT a Mind Reader or One Direction Believer.
PLUS> I don't see Pete quitting on some players who are giving their dead level best for him, I don't think that frame of mind is in his DNA.

Last edited:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
KJ is just saying what we all have seen. This team lacks discipline and accountability from the top down. Carroll not liking some of his players? How about you start showing them some accountability. Right now, it's a free for all the way they're playing on the field. There is no cohesiveness in our offensive and defensive strategies. It's a bunch of half assed measures thrown together.

We're doing the Vic Fangio defense without the subterfuge that is associated with that defense. We're running a McVay style of offense in the most bland way I've ever seen it executed. This team at this moment feels like a rudderless ship.

It really is reminding me of the collapse that Pete Carroll had on his watch with the Jets. The team is running away from Pete.

I also don't think this team needs to be completely blown up. We need a few things, mainly a new ILB and safety, along with some key free agent additions to the D-Line. Honestly, not sure why Bush hasn't been getting more play on passing downs.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
This is a big reason I wanted guys like Shelby Harris back. While he may not be a world breaker at his position, he wasn't afraid to call guys out. You need that accountability on the team, otherwise when the going gets tough, guys will sink into oblivion. You see it on the sidelines this year when the team is down. No juice. No fire. No fight.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
KJ is just saying what we all have seen. This team lacks discipline and accountability from the top down. Carroll not liking some of his players? How about you start showing them some accountability. Right now, it's a free for all the way they're playing on the field. There is no cohesiveness in our offensive and defensive strategies. It's a bunch of half assed measures thrown together.

We're doing the Vic Fangio defense without the subterfuge that is associated with that defense. We're running a McVay style of offense in the most bland way I've ever seen it executed. This team at this moment feels like a rudderless ship.

It really is reminding me of the collapse that Pete Carroll had on his watch with the Jets. The team is running away from Pete.

I also don't think this team needs to be completely blown up. We need a few things, mainly a new ILB and safety, along with some key free agent additions to the D-Line. Honestly, not sure why Bush hasn't been getting more play on passing downs.
I’m baffled as well why Bush isn’t out there more on passing downs. Teams are having a free for all attacking is there and we haven’t done anything to help out. Poor Wagner is getting embarrassed out there

hoxrox

Reaction score
I’m baffled as well why Bush isn’t out there more on passing downs. Teams are having a free for all attacking is there and we haven’t done anything to help out. Poor Wagner is getting embarrassed out there
He has a green dot on his helmet. Hurtt relays calls through this helmet so it’s hard to take him off the field.

Not sure how the NFL rules work with this. Can more than one player have the green dot?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
This is a big reason I wanted guys like Shelby Harris back. While he may not be a world breaker at his position, he wasn't afraid to call guys out. You need that accountability on the team, otherwise when the going gets tough, guys will sink into oblivion. You see it on the sidelines this year when the team is down. No juice. No fire. No fight.

You're right, the team needs more of that, but I don't think Shelby immediately assumes that role unless there's a sizable void. And he's gone, so...who fills that void??