Kenny Chesney at Seahawks OTAs Friday

A

Anonymous

All right, all right, so he's got some talent and showmanship...

HH82 approves.

(Like its up to me anyway...)

tomahawk

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that someone here would really care if a country, rock, rap, etc star came and visited practice. If the guy is a fan then who cares what he sings/does for a living?

"OH NO. A country star hung out with my team! We're doomed!"

Get a helmet.

pehawk

Reaction score
I have no issue with country music. But, I dont classify it as country if; I can ride better, I can out drink, or I can take you in a barfight.

I give Chesney all the credit in the world for being a great entertainer...but...he's not country. I'm sure if he had hair it'd be blonde tipped like Absolut's.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
pehawk":17lfd2cf said:
I have no issue with country music. But, I dont classify it as country if; I can ride better, I can out drink, or I can take you in a barfight.

I give Chesney all the credit in the world for being a great entertainer...but...he's not country. I'm sure if he had hair it'd be blonde tipped like Absolut's.

I dunno. Dude might be pretty scrappy. He aint no Trace Atkins, but he might kick yer booty in a bar fight. :twisted:

Tical21

Reaction score
He's right, Kenny Chesney doesn't sing country. He is more balladeer or soft rock artist with a little twang in his voice. One of my very favorite artists, one of the best singing voices currently alive, but he isn't a country music singer.

And he isn't scrappy. He's 5'6", 135 lbs., and would be more comfortable in pink slippers than a barfight. You see, Kenny is from "California". He's a Californian.

A

Anonymous

For the record, I dislike traditional country music. Sounds all the same to me. Gotta hear that crap cranked at stoplights around here on a daily basis. The new-style stuff is not so bad, and I can tolerate it to an extent.

It really, for me, boils down to what instrument is featured prominently in the music that determines if it is tolerable or not. Steel guitars, sitars, tubas, harpsichords, oboes, and accordians should all be destroyed.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
In all honesty I'm just surprised no-one has taken issue with the extra distraction during an OTA.. Focus people! We have a super bowl to win! All that nonsense is time away from real optional reps!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":3au28252 said:
In all honesty I'm just surprised no-one has taken issue with the extra distraction during an OTA.. Focus people! We have a super bowl to win! All that nonsense is time away from real optional reps!

It's June. And Carroll's been doing fun stuff like this for his players since at least his insanely successful days at USC.

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3nonwd7s said:
HighlandHawk":3nonwd7s said:

It's June. And Carroll's been doing fun stuff like this for his players since at least his insanely successful days at USC.
I know, just amused that no-one made the comment before that doesn't know how things have been done in Seattle recently

sc85sis

Reaction score
Yep, Pete believes it keeps the guys loose and generally the results he's gotten speak for themselves. Yet you'll still find people who will claim he's too laid back, blah blah.

Walter Payton was one of the hardest-working guys in football but he also was an unrepentant practical jokester with his teammates. Didn't seem to hurt his career.

Latest posts