Kenny Chesney at Seahawks OTAs Friday

Jville

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1owrtgiq said:
How is it that he came by the VMAC? Is he fan or from the Seattle area? I don't follow C&W music...

Big football fan >>> [urltargetblank]http://tasteofcountry.com/kenny-chesney-football-documentary-espn/[/urltargetblank]

There is more >>> [urltargetblank]http://frontrow.espn.go.com/2013/04/grudens-qb-camp-breaking-down-country-music-star-kenny-chesney/[/urltargetblank]

irocdave

Reaction score
I don't follow or like country music. That dude is a midget. RW is short in stature but towers over the guy. I say EH. Publicity stunt. We don't need the cowgirl type fans polluting our near future. We ( long time Hawks fans) don't need the worst type of bandwagoneers jumping on board. Modern country fans are the worst. Been that way since the late 80's. I wouldn't trust any of them with my lawn mower let alone something I cared about.

Jville

Reaction score
Thats ok ..... I don't believe he plays the lawn mower.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Easy tiger. He's only one of the most popular music acts on the planet. And he's a true blue football fan. If the man wants to pay homage to such a badass team as the Seattle Seahawks in their hometown when he stops there on tour, let him have his fun.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
irocdave":3qmk8gql said:
I don't follow or like country music. That dude is a midget. RW is short in stature but towers over the guy. I say EH. Publicity stunt. We don't need the cowgirl type fans polluting our near future. We ( long time Hawks fans) don't need the worst type of bandwagoneers jumping on board. Modern country fans are the worst. Been that way since the late 80's. I wouldn't trust any of them with my lawn mower let alone something I cared about.

SMH

Bromers

Reaction score
HighlandHawk":28wonbf8 said:
Bonus points if anyone can name every player on the picture :)
From L to R: Clinton McDonald, Chris Maragos, Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman, Bobby Wagner, Golden Tate, Jesse Williams, Derrick Coleman?, Ryan Seymour, Max Unger, Luke Willson, Russell Wilson, Mike Person, Rishaw Johnson, Some random coach, Clint Gresham, Chris Harper, Jerrod Johnson, Charly Martin, Jared Smith.

A

Anonymous

Country music? Noooooooooo... (Insert Darth Vader gif...)

Get that shit-kicker outta there and let's get a rocker in there to hobknob with the team.

Come on now, do you envision your team getting pumped by a slow strumming of an accoustic, or the straunch of a riff with feedback squealing out of a Marshall stack?

Let's get Zak Wylde or somebody like that in there.

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Concert tonight at the Clink with Chesney being the headliner and he is a HUGE football fan.

GO HAWKS!!!

PlinytheCenter":ghufpf2a said:
How is it that he came by the VMAC? Is he fan or from the Seattle area? I don't follow C&W music...

Tical21

Reaction score
FWIW, the first time he played the clink, it was about 90 degrees out and the Seahawks were coming off of a huge season, and I have never in my life seen a show with so much natural energy. And the talent out there, wow! If you're a single guy, you need to get to that show today. Never see anything like it.

After that first show, the rednecks started coming out to get drunk in the subsequent years, and the vibe just isn't as cool, but still a fantastic show. I consider myself a music person, and I may dare say that first show at Clink of his was the best show I've ever been to. And I wasn't even a fan at the time. Obviously I've become a huge fan of his since. His voice is ridiculous.

If you guys haven't seen "Boys of Fall", it is a pretty good football-themed tune.

Steve2222

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":12hh96aw said:
Country music? Noooooooooo... (Insert Darth Vader gif...)

Get that shit-kicker outta there and let's get a rocker in there to hobknob with the team.

Come on now, do you envision your team getting pumped by a slow strumming of an accoustic, or the straunch of a riff with feedback squealing out of a Marshall stack?

Let's get Zak Wylde or somebody like that in there.

I bet maybe 5-10 players tops would even know who he is. Think the team would respond best with a guys like Macklemore, Lil Wayne, or Drake (rappers) as much as that probably kills you to hear. Thats the type of music they play during practice anyways.

Jville

Reaction score
For those that still don't get it ..... give a listen to the "Boys of Fall" >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXDo5WhQXI[/urltargetblank]

12HawkFan

Reaction score
If you are a true football fan, I DARE you to spend eight minutes of your life and watch the video linked below and not come away a little choked up and a big Chesney fan.

Also for whats its worth I was at the Chesney concert back in 2006 I think, his first one there, and I will tell you this, I have never seen so much good looking women in tight assed jeans and whatnot, truly a site to behold so take your sunglasses if your taking your favorite girl on your arm.

GO HAWKS!!!

Jville":wr8hrpqc said:
For those that still don't get it ..... give a listen to the "Boys of Fall" >>>> [urltargetblank]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlXDo5WhQXI[/urltargetblank]

Schadie001

Reaction score
I have seen Kenny the past 2 years in Denver, going again in July. By far the best show I have seen and I've seen a few. Van Hagar with Alice in chains, GnR twice, motley, oozy, monsters of rock, soundgarden, Metallica ... Kenny beats them all hands down.