Keep blaming Geno

knownone

Reaction score
Ok fair enough but your argument always seemed to be he’s playing like a top 10 guy which usually means very well. Geno has flat out been bad the past few weeks and stating that doesn’t make me or anyone else a troll. It’s the truth. Again he’s capable of playing very well and I hope he does but I’m losing hope
Context is essential, though. Those comments responded to the notion that Geno should be cut or was a backup-level QB. At the time, Geno was in the top ten in several metrics.

I'm not calling you or everyone hating/criticizing Geno a troll. I'm calling the trolls trolls. When people use a loss to post low-quality comments and memes against an argument they disagree with, they're trolling. Simple as that. It doesn't bother me: dunk away. But it is trolling.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Agreed. Geno's fine and not the primary issue. The trolls can have their moment and celebrate a Seahawk's loss like they just won the intellectual lottery.

I mean, it's incredible how many threads/posts we have about Geno. But very little has been said about our defense giving up 300 yards rushing.
What a terrible take. We're not anywhere near a super bowl. We need to know what we have and act accordingly. If both QBs suck we trade or draft one. It's just that simple.

seabowl

Reaction score
Anyone that has watched Geno over the years can tell he is not a true leader. His body language absolutely sucks when things aren’t going well. He pouts, sits by himself, doesn’t rally anyone around him and sometimes actually motions to receivers that they went the wrong way after a bad play like he did with Lockett today. I know peoples distain for Russell Wilson on this board but Geno is the exact opposite of what RW was in his heyday when it comes to leading a team. I hope Pete and the rest of the Seahawks management realize this sooner rather than later as Geno will NEVER lead this team to winning a Super Bowl. He flat out does not have the mental make up to do it.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Agreed. Geno's fine and not the primary issue. The trolls can have their moment and celebrate a Seahawk's loss like they just won the intellectual lottery.

I mean, it's incredible how many threads/posts we have about Geno. But very little has been said about our defense giving up
Geno certainly is one of our big issues. It is staring us directly in the eye. Geno has been mediocre since the second half of last season.

Seattle has two 1k receivers, plus a decent group of TEs. The fact that we cannot even convert 3rd downs is a huge indictment on Geno and Waldron, even with a banged O-line.

Many of the issues with todays protection was on Geno himself. They were switching who was rushing the passer, and where the pressure was coming from. Those untouched defenders were the result of Geno getting fooled at the LOS by the looks of the defense.

Geno isn’t the worst QB in the world, but he’s never going to get us anywhere. At best he’s a bridge QB.

This is why I was against trading for a Leonard Williams. This is not a championship caliber team with Geno under center. Trading away a second without an extension is exactly the type of move that got us in trouble in the first place.

James in PA

Reaction score
One of the first questions Pete was asked after the game was what did he think about Geno's play. Pete's response was "I don't think this is about Geno's at all."

No change coming at QB.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Context is essential, though. Those comments responded to the notion that Geno should be cut or was a backup-level QB. At the time, Geno was in the top ten in several metrics.

I'm not calling you or everyone hating/criticizing Geno a troll. I'm calling the trolls trolls. When people use a loss to post low-quality comments and memes against an argument they disagree with, they're trolling. Simple as that. It doesn't bother me: dunk away. But it is trolling.
Again fair enough. Geno has had long stretches of playing very good football and I think he can be and is a solid NFL QB. He’s struggling now but it wouldn’t shock me if he goes on a tear either. Waldron and Pete need to figure it out

A lot of the Geno debate I think comes from the Wilson debate. People who hated Wilson want Geno to succeed so badly because they can they say “Russ sucked and it was all Pete” and people who loved Russ don’t want Geno to be elite because in their mind it takes away from how good Russ was. Not saying this is you or me but just in general I think it drives some of the goofy Geno dialogue. I’m rambling but that’s my weird theory

James in PA

Reaction score
Pete thinks he is a great QB and a great leader. That's all that matters. He's not getting benched.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Geno certainly is one of our big issues. It is staring us directly in the eye. Geno has been mediocre since the second half of last season.

Seattle has two 1k receivers, plus a decent group of TEs. The fact that we cannot even convert 3rd downs is a huge indictment on Geno and Waldron, even with a banged O-line.

Many of the issues with todays protection was on Geno himself. They were switching who was rushing the passer, and where the pressure was coming from. Those untouched defenders were the result of Geno getting fooled at the LOS by the looks of the defense.

Geno isn’t the worst QB in the world, but he’s never going to get us anywhere. At best he’s a bridge QB.

This is why I was against trading for a Leonard Williams. This is not a championship caliber team with Geno under center. Trading away a second without an extension is exactly the type of move that got us in trouble in the first place.
I do think that’s a valid point and Romo seemed to mention it a couple of times. Some of the protection issues might’ve been on Geno not recognizing it. The line needs to get healthy fast though too, lots of room for improvement

warden

Reaction score
29 yards rushing today is the biggest concern on our offense. Our run game has been poor all year long. Health on the line is a huge contributing factor. Walker is not a great inside runner. Teams never have to bring an eight man into the box.

OP
OP
hawker84

hawker84

Reaction score
Absolutely wrong.

It's not benching him like it will solve the problems. But he is more mobile and we have to decide if he could be the QB of the future. Geno will never win a SB. He locks on receivers and he fumbles. Need to move on and need to see if Lock could be the guy.
Whatever not here to argue or debate. I've given my opinion accept it or don't..

Rosco

Reaction score
One of the first questions Pete was asked after the game was what did he think about Geno's play. Pete's response was "I don't think this is about Geno's at all."

No change coming at QB.
That tune will change if Geno continues to turn the ball over and struggle.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I really think Seattle needs to stop rotating the F’ing O line. I’d like for Seattle to get an established group of lineman and stick with it. The constant shuffle cannot and will not help. Seattles constantly neutering itself with the constant shuffle on offense and then having to substitute poor oline play with a te or two instead of utilizing the TEs successfully like we’ve done in the past.

It’s not a talent issue. It’s a coaching issue NOT putting the best guys in to succeed. It’s a coaching issue too to bottom to keep sticking with some damn ever revolving door at a position that’s supposed to give your QB time and trust. Geno doesn’t trust his Oline. they may look okay, but the Oline play has sucked ass.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Again fair enough. Geno has had long stretches of playing very good football and I think he can be and is a solid NFL QB. He’s struggling now but it wouldn’t shock me if he goes on a tear either. Waldron and Pete need to figure it out

A lot of the Geno debate I think comes from the Wilson debate. People who hated Wilson want Geno to succeed so badly because they can they say “Russ sucked and it was all Pete” and people who loved Russ don’t want Geno to be elite because in their mind it takes away from how good Russ was. Not saying this is you or me but just in general I think it drives some of the goofy Geno dialogue. I’m rambling but that’s my weird theory
I think Geno gets a lot of leeway from Seattle fans because of Wilson’s antics on his way out from Seattle. He burned a lot of bridges when he forced his way out.

Geno playing well was like a giant middle finger to Wilson. Unlike Wilson, Geno is also real and relatable. He is almost a folk hero to some degree. His story is also compelling. Coming from the scrap heap of the NFL, developing into a probowl QB.

Unfortunately all that glitters is not gold. Geno isn’t a bad QB, but I’m starting to get some Ryan Fitzpatrick vibes from him due to his uneven play.

Geno needs to get his mental game sorted out. He’s capable of good things but it seems like he’s in his head. He needs to learn how to thrive in adversity, until he does that he’s just going to be another guy. That is the X factor that separates the mediocre QBs from the greats.

Rosco

Reaction score
29 yards rushing today is the biggest concern on our offense. Our run game has been poor all year long. Health on the line is a huge contributing factor. Walker is not a great inside runner. Teams never have to bring an eight man into the box.
Rushing will be a problem as long as teams are stacking the box. Until Geno shows he’s a legitimate threat, teams will just stack the box and force Geno to throw.

warden

Reaction score
Rushing will be a problem as long as teams are stacking the box. Until Geno shows he’s a legitimate threat, teams will just stack the box and force Geno to throw.
Teams don’t have to stack the box to stop our run game

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Geno gets a lot of leeway from Seattle fans because of Wilson’s antics on his way out from Seattle. He burned a lot of bridges when he forced his way out.

Geno playing well was like a giant middle finger to Wilson. Unlike Wilson, Geno is also real and relatable. He is almost a folk hero to some degree. His story is also compelling. Coming from the scrap heap of the NFL, developing into a probowl QB.

Unfortunately all that glitters is not gold. Geno isn’t a bad QB, but I’m starting to get some Ryan Fitzpatrick vibes from him due to his uneven play.

Geno needs to get his mental game sorted out. He’s capable of good things but it seems like he’s in his head. He needs to learn how to thrive in adversity, until he does that he’s just going to be another guy. That is the X factor that separates the mediocre QBs from the greats.
Good post!

Latest posts